John Kerry said to be a Saint

Campaign events, speeches, issues, discussion

Moderator: Super Moderators

Bob73
Pirate

John Kerry said to be a Saint

Post by Bob73 » 10-03-2004 05:22 PM

John Kerry was scheduled to visit the Catholic National Cathedral outside Washington as part of his campaign. Kerry's campaign manager made a visit to the cardinal and said to him, "We've been getting a lot of bad publicity among Catholics because of Kerry's position on abortion and the like. We'd gladly make a contribution to the church of $100,000 if during your sermon you'd say John Kerry is a saint."

The Cardinal thinks it over for a few moments and finally says, "The Church is in desperate need of funds and I will agree to do it."

Kerry pompously shows up looking especially smug today, and as the Mass progresses the Cardinal begins his homily. "John Kerry is petty, self-absorbed hypocrite and a nitwit. He is a liar, a cheat, and a low intelligence weasel. He wrote a book and portrayed himself in the best light when he was a traitor to his fellow servicemen. He has lied about his military record and had the gall to put himself in for a medal. He married for money and is using it to lie to the American people. He is the worst example of a Catholic I've ever personally known.

But compared to Ted Kennedy, John Kerry is a saint."
Bob73

CaptainBeyond
Pirate

Post by CaptainBeyond » 10-27-2004 10:16 PM

:D

Rayvyn
Pirate

Post by Rayvyn » 10-28-2004 01:50 AM

That's pretty funny. I'm voting for Kerry but I still think it's funny.

Rayvyn

CaptainBeyond
Pirate

Post by CaptainBeyond » 10-28-2004 07:54 AM

The part about Kennedy is what got me!

:-)

dotcosm
Pirate

Post by dotcosm » 10-28-2004 11:14 AM

I haven't seen this discussed around here, but then maybe I haven't looked... if Kerry is elected, he'll be our first Catholic-Jewish President! Now, talk about flip-flop... lol... but seriously, is it common knowledge that his grandfather was an Austrian Jew who converted to Catholicism for pragmatic reasons, and that Kerry didn't even know this until a couple of years ago?

Rayvyn
Pirate

Post by Rayvyn » 10-28-2004 08:56 PM

dotcosm wrote: I haven't seen this discussed around here, but then maybe I haven't looked... if Kerry is elected, he'll be our first Catholic-Jewish President! Now, talk about flip-flop... lol... but seriously, is it common knowledge that his grandfather was an Austrian Jew who converted to Catholicism for pragmatic reasons, and that Kerry didn't even know this until a couple of years ago?

I heard the same thing. He found out recently why his grandfather changed his name or religions or whatever. It doesn't seem to matter to anyone. I know I couldn't care less. What I do know is I hear nothing about Kerry doing shady buisiness deals or having affairs. He seems pretty clean to me.

Rayvyn

lunacat
Pirate

Post by lunacat » 10-28-2004 11:45 PM

dotcosm wrote: I haven't seen this discussed around here, but then maybe I haven't looked... if Kerry is elected, he'll be our first Catholic-Jewish President! Now, talk about flip-flop... lol... but seriously, is it common knowledge that his grandfather was an Austrian Jew who converted to Catholicism for pragmatic reasons, and that Kerry didn't even know this until a couple of years ago?

Now that I didn't know! My dad would be able to relate to that somewhat...his parents were German Jews/post-war immigrants whao raised my dad as presbyterian. His jaw dropped when he found out 30 years later that they used to be jewish...

I think he's still voting for Bush though...ohwell...

Return to “Bush/Cheney '04 Campaign”