Supreme Court Overrules Roe v. Wade in Dobbs Decision – Returns Abortion to State Lawmakers

News, information, and comment about 'the media'

Moderator: Super Moderators

Raggedyann
Pirate

Re: Supreme Court Overrules Roe v. Wade in Dobbs Decision – Returns Abortion to State Lawmakers

Post by Raggedyann » 06-25-2022 05:39 PM

I hope that all the men out there who are soooo happy and laughing that Doctors can't remove any fetuses they have implanted, will still be laughing when they get nailed with child support for 18 yrs as a result of a one night stand. :mrgreen:
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Raggedyann
Pirate

Re: Supreme Court Overrules Roe v. Wade in Dobbs Decision – Returns Abortion to State Lawmakers

Post by Raggedyann » 06-26-2022 11:28 AM

I know what it's like to be butchered. Did that in the late 60's out of desperation and almost lost my life. Spent a week in intensive care fighting to stay alive. But I had 2 little kids to support, so luckily I did survive. I was hemorrhaging at home in bed and was scared to seek medical help. A neighbor found me and called an ambulance.

I feel nothing but utter rage that these stupid, stupid people have now sent millions of women to seek abortions from butchers and many of these folks will lose their lives. Women will always try to,(for various reasons), end a pregnancy and will do anything to achieve it. This is a fact of life and will never change!

God help all the kids that will be thrust into a world where the mother and father cannot feed them, or don't want them. All in the name of religion! Yeah, let's all let people die, or suffer simply because they are not religious.

Sad, sad day in America!
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Riddick
Pirate

"SALT Of The Earth", He's NOT

Post by Riddick » 06-26-2022 02:11 PM

Raggedyann wrote: 06-25-2022 05:39 PM I hope that all the men out there who are soooo happy and laughing that Doctors can't remove any fetuses they have implanted, will still be laughing when they get nailed with child support for 18 yrs as a result of a one night stand. :mrgreen:
If a f*ckturd's still in stitches after handed a paternity judgment he's an idiot, or has deep pockets, or a deadbeat who'll skirt the law as much & as long as he can

To help the scumbag see just how unfunny it is at the earliest opportunity I hope the mom gives him a good swift kick directly in his nads. With a steel toed shoe.

It might even get the lowlife to think twice next time he's hit with lustful urges -

"An ounce of prevention is worth $272,049 USD on average in 2022"

Instead of letting your dick do the deciding? Consult with your brain for a change. Think of what half of that money could buy, and that's just the start! It might be worth a horndog reprobate like you to invest in a lifetime supply of condoms.
Last edited by Riddick on 06-26-2022 04:02 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Riddick
Pirate

Where I Stand

Post by Riddick » 06-26-2022 03:23 PM

My take on abortion is, I'd prefer it be safe, legal and rare.

As it now stands the Wisconsin statute totally misses the bar on the second metric, and as such endangers the first, having the third tend to its logical extreme.

Our governor's Democrat. Republicans control the legislative branch. The governor asked for a special session, Republicans responded by gavelling in and out.

If the state GOP continues to soft petal/hard line the issue in the fall, outside their base it's gonna hurt them for sure. How much remains to be seen.

How many single issue voters are there on either side? Beats me. I doubt extreme positions on either side constitute a majority of the electorate.

Any case even as the Dobbs decision won't influence my vote to any 'deal breaking' degree, I do anticipate at some point my criteria & state law will again align.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-27-2022 08:53 AM

Kbot:
Meanwhile in the Less Govt is Better state of Florida, there is a move to limit how loud one can play music. Really.
OMG !we even have an ordinance, that says you cannot start up your lawnmower before 8 on Saturday mornings. Had no idea how bad things can get :rolleyes: of course it has been aroun for years and great for those wh want to sleep in.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-27-2022 05:35 PM

Raggedyann wrote: 06-25-2022 05:39 PM I hope that all the men out there who are soooo happy and laughing that Doctors can't remove any fetuses they have implanted, will still be laughing when they get nailed with child support for 18 yrs as a result of a one night stand. :mrgreen:

RA, excellent point. Men are probably oblivious to how this will affect them with the potential for things such as wage garnishments, child support, etc, etc, etc. And then what?? Do the GOP "leaders" have any sort of plan in place to provide support? Of course not because, historically, THEY DON'T CARE about people, once they're born, and historically, they have voted against social spending.

Will be interesting to see the fallout.

Now, a new development, couples trying to conceive via IVF may be collateral damage in states that have banned abortions.

Nice move GOP. Way to go........

A notion to resolve the abortion issue is adoption. On C SPAN over the weekend a caller called-in to describe his families saga in trying to adopt a child here in the US, and I can confirm that the system doesn't work, and so many Americans adopt children from outside the US because the system here sucks. Myself and many of my friends have done this. We would prefer to have adopted American children but the red tape and costs are prohibitive.

So, thanks to the GOP, we will have many more children with no support.

We can't vote these idiots our quickly enough -their supporters have no idea how much they've been screwed. According to at least one source over the weekend, while Trump claimed credit for overturning Roe because of his SCOTUS picks, privately he's said that this will be bad for the GOP.

Perfect!!!!!! At least he recognizes what his own supporters don't.

They've been screwed
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-27-2022 05:37 PM

Raggedyann wrote: 06-26-2022 11:28 AM I know what it's like to be butchered. Did that in the late 60's out of desperation and almost lost my life. Spent a week in intensive care fighting to stay alive. But I had 2 little kids to support, so luckily I did survive. I was hemorrhaging at home in bed and was scared to seek medical help. A neighbor found me and called an ambulance.
So sorry to hear this RA. Did not know this.

My fear is that we're heading back to those days.

Heard on the radio today that some states are contemplating expanding the penalty to healthcare workers who provide abortions to 10 years
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Re: Where I Stand

Post by kbot » 06-27-2022 05:47 PM

Riddick wrote: 06-26-2022 03:23 PM My take on abortion is, I'd prefer it be safe, legal and rare.
Amen to that Riddick.

My personal preference is that there would be no abortions, BUT, at times they are necessary - for variety of reasons. Far me it from me to force my beliefs on anyone, especially under the threat of penalty of law/ incarceration.

To DEMAND that a victim of rape or incest be forced to carry to term seems to be to be more than cruel. Go me, this carries the pungent aroma of sadism.

I truly wonder how any one of the GOP Congressional members who now gleefully are increasingly coming out of the woodwork praising this "decision" suddenly found herself, or his spouse or daughter, being a victim of rape or incest would react? Would THEY piously allow themselves to follow their own dictates, or force a family member to do so? Personally, I highly doubt it. You can bet bank that they'd be on a plane to Boston or New Mexico as quickly as possible where abortion is still legal and avail themselves of safe healthcare.

Guaranteed

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-27-2022 05:50 PM

Doka wrote: 06-27-2022 08:53 AM
Kbot:
Meanwhile in the Less Govt is Better state of Florida, there is a move to limit how loud one can play music. Really.
OMG !we even have an ordinance, that says you cannot start up your lawnmower before 8 on Saturday mornings. Had no idea how bad things can get :rolleyes: of course it has been aroun for years and great for those wh want to sleep in.
I get it - I have a neighbor who is out behind my house with a grinder, or cement mixer or who knows what, depending on the project until 10PM. But, it's legal. I'd prefer that people use common sense, but what do I know???

kbot
Pirate

Re: "SALT Of The Earth", He's NOT

Post by kbot » 06-27-2022 05:58 PM

Riddick wrote: 06-26-2022 02:11 PM To help the scumbag see just how unfunny it is at the earliest opportunity I hope the mom gives him a good swift kick directly in his nads. With a steel toed shoe.

It might even get the lowlife to think twice next time he's hit with lustful urges -

"An ounce of prevention is worth $272,049 USD on average in 2022"

Instead of letting your dick do the deciding? Consult with your brain for a change. Think of what half of that money could buy, and that's just the start! It might be worth a horndog reprobate like you to invest in a lifetime supply of condoms.
I hear ya Riddick, But guys are stupid and don't think about the consequences. And, unfortunately, I think that the ramifications will be with us along time.

Local family court dockets are already full, so the chances of getting child support expedited will probably be nil. Social workers already claim to be overworked and missing resources. Many states have cut Medicaid and "food stamps" which could help young mothers.

Meanwhile it could take months or years of cases winding through the courts to get the mother and child the support they need. Even then, "Dad" could claim bankruptcy, right? Then what? Jail "Dad" because he can't or won't support his child?

Don't think this was well thought out, which just goes to prove a point of mine - the more letters that a persona has after their name, the stupider they are......

kbot
Pirate

Re: Addressing Malignant Tumors

Post by kbot » 06-27-2022 06:06 PM

Riddick wrote: 06-25-2022 04:52 PM WTH?!? Doesn't the FL GOP know playing music loud is a basic human right??
The Burgermeisters are coming outta the woodwork Riddick.........
Bergermeisters.png
Bergermeisters.png (206.35 KiB) Viewed 204 times

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-27-2022 07:17 PM

Uh-oh..........

Louisiana and Utah trigger laws banning abortions temporarily blocked by courts

Judges in Louisiana and Utah on Monday temporarily blocked prohibitions on abortion in their states following last week's U.S. Supreme Court ruling that ends a national right to the procedure.

The high court on Friday overturned Roe v. Wade, which for nearly 50 years had granted women the constitutional right to an abortion. More than a dozen states set so-called trigger laws to take immediate effect, banning or severely limiting abortions, in the event Roe v. Wade was overturned.

Trigger laws were also being challenged in Arizona, Florida, Idaho, Kentucky, Mississippi and Texas.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/lo ... -rcna35528

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-27-2022 07:23 PM

There's that slippery slope at work again......

Poll: Majorities oppose Supreme Court's abortion ruling and worry about other rights

Majorities of Americans say they disagree with the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, think it was politically motivated, are concerned the court will now reconsider rulings that protect other rights, and are more likely to vote for a candidate this fall who would restore the right to an abortion, according to the latest NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll.

The issue is personal to most Americans. Two-thirds of people responding to the poll say they or someone they know has had an abortion. That was true of three-quarters of independents, 7-in-10 Democrats and 55% of Republicans.

Surveys have for years shown consistently that most Americans wanted to keep Roe in place and to see restrictions on when abortions could take place. What the court did is clearly outside the mainstream of public opinion, and that is reflected again in the NPR poll.

The survey of 941 respondents, conducted Friday after the decision through Saturday, has a margin of error of +/-4.9 percentage points.

A majority are against the decision
By a 56%-to-40% margin, respondents oppose the court's decision, including 45% who strongly oppose it.

Almost 9-in-10 Democrats and a slim majority of independents (53%) are against the decision. Three-quarters of Republicans, on the other hand, support it.

Confidence in the Supreme Court is on the decline

Just 39% said they have a great deal or quite a lot of confidence in the Supreme Court; 58% said they have not very much or no confidence at all in the institution. That's a low in the poll.

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/27/11077336 ... other-righ

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-27-2022 07:29 PM

Don't know whether to laugh or choke.......

With Roe dead, anti-abortion religious groups insist they want to help mothers

For Southern Baptists across the nation, Friday was a day of triumph, rejoicing and praising God.

After 50 years of legal battles and prayer, Roe vs. Wade was overturned as the court declared a woman’s right to an abortion is not protected by the Constitution.

But even as millions of Southern Baptists celebrated what they regard as a historic victory, their president, Bart Barber, was already telling the denomination’s 47,000 member churches that it was time to roll up their sleeves and get to work, especially those in states like Texas, where a trigger law made abortions illegal the moment the court decision was announced.

The world was watching, Barber suggested, and evangelical and Catholic religious organizations that have waged war against legalized abortion would need to show that mothers, as well as their unborn children, would be supported and thrive in a post-Roe America.
https://www.latimes.com/california/sto ... us-leaders

Please...... the Catholic Church is closing parishes and disenfranchising Catholics since Vatican II. The Church is a mess and can't take care of itself at this point. What's the plan? Unleash more child molesters on young children? :roll:

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-28-2022 06:48 AM

The truth is Abortion is NEVER going away. For one thing we have not even reached Level One yet .(Type One Civilization) We are basically still savages on this planet.And apparrently by desire going backwards. Do you really believe Utopia is just one big CHAOS factory like here? I think you will be in for a surprse and certainly have a long way to go. The World has been turned into a "MeToo" Sewer, by the The powers that Are, My guess is that they look uoon us in discust , something pretty darn big will happen either here or there. Karma is ALL there is.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “Media Watch”