Nearly half the world lives on less than $5.50 a day: World Bank

Discussion of the economy

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Re: Nearly half the world lives on less than $5.50 a day: World Bank

Post by kbot » 10-27-2018 07:19 PM

A single payer system would probably (not sure) reduce the amount of paperwork necessitated by insurers. Right now, all insurers have "their own" rules, requirements, etc........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

"The Government Will See You Now"

Post by Riddick » 10-27-2018 08:49 PM

kbot wrote: 10-27-2018 07:19 PM A single payer system would probably (not sure) reduce the amount of paperwork necessitated by insurers. Right now, all insurers have "their own" rules, requirements, etc........
Paperwork? Who needs paper. Digital records... everything about you & your health history all kept in a nice, safe and secure government database. The rules and requirements? All government issue. It's all about having your medical interests and costs all taken care of from cradle to grave by one single payer

The best healthcare with no fuss, no muss, all with no out of pocket expense. It's Medicare For All and it's FREE ! Remember that! You've got everything to gain and nothing to lose, so tell your friends and neighbors to start spreading the news! Fire up the truck, & git to the polls. YEEHAH! Vote straight ticket "D" now, y'hear?
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Re: "The Government Will See You Now"

Post by kbot » 10-27-2018 09:13 PM

Riddick wrote: 10-27-2018 08:49 PM
kbot wrote: 10-27-2018 07:19 PM A single payer system would probably (not sure) reduce the amount of paperwork necessitated by insurers. Right now, all insurers have "their own" rules, requirements, etc........
Paperwork? Who needs paper. Digital records... everything about you & your health history all kept in a nice, safe and secure government database. The rules and requirements? All government issue. It's all about having your medical interests and costs all taken care of from cradle to grave by one single payer

The best healthcare with no fuss, no muss, all with no out of pocket expense. It's Medicare For All and it's FREE ! Remember that! You've got everything to gain and nothing to lose, so tell your friends and neighbors to start spreading the news! Fire up the truck, & git to the polls. YEEHAH! Vote straight ticket "D" now, y'hear?
"Safe", database. There's no such animal Riddick.......

Healthcare Data Breach Statistics

We have compiled healthcare data breach statistics from October 2009 when the Department of Health and Human Services’ Office for Civil Rights first started publishing summaries of healthcare data breaches on its website.

The healthcare data breach statistics below only include data breaches of 500 or more records as smaller breaches are not published by OCR. The breaches include closed cases and breaches still being investigated by OCR.

Our healthcare data breach statistics clearly show there has been an upward trend in data breaches over the past 9 years, with 2017 seeing more data breaches reported than any other year since records first started being published.

https://www.hipaajournal.com/healthcare ... tatistics/
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-27-2018 09:18 PM

And that's not all. All those nice toys we have are all being used against us..........

Seven Ways Technology Helps Business, Government to Learn About You

By: Robert Lemos | April 02, 2018
The gathering of records on more than 50 million Facebook users has underscored the dangers of online data mining, and the claims of the company that collected the information, Cambridge Analytica, highlighted the possibilities of what could be done with the data.

Cambridge Analytica used the data to create profiles of 50 million users then used the information to support Republican political candidates in the 2016 election, most notably Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, according to reports.

Yet, only 270,000 users took the online quiz created by a Cambridge Analytica contractor to collect the data. The ability to leverage that relatively small number of users into a massive database of 50 million profiles by collecting information on all the quiz takers’ friends underscores the power of social networks.

Unlike much of the information collected online and volunteered by users, the vast majority of those users were victims who did not consent to having their data collected, Gennie Gebhart, a researcher with the Electronic Frontier Foundation, told eWEEK.
http://www.eweek.com/security/seven-way ... -about-you

Riddick
Pirate

Single Payer Shafting

Post by Riddick » 10-27-2018 09:40 PM

kbot wrote: 10-27-2018 09:13 PM "Safe", database. There's no such animal Riddick.......
Sure, you know it & I know it, but the marks won't necessarily know it

Any good grifter will say whatever it takes to close the deal!! KWIM?

Like 'Honest' John (aka Shifty) Shafer --

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-28-2018 03:09 PM

Was at I-Hip earlier today with my wife. She just had knee surgery and needed to get out of the house. She hobbled-in and the place was jammed. No one looked-up from their cell phones to realize that she could've used a seat. She hobbled off to the ladies room and when she returned, I thought I had a seat saved, but a small girl has sat in it and her Dad (I assume) was standing guard over her with a look that said "Don't even try it Bud!!!". I said to my wife, "Well, I thought I had a seat ready for you..." and a young woman who had her face buried in her phone looked-up and recognized the situation and offered her seat.

My point s, people nowadays are so locked into their gadgets and many times they are just giving away their privacy without a thought.

This is an old story but worth repeating....

E-ZPasses Get Read All Over New York (Not Just At Toll Booths)

After spotting a police car with two huge boxes on its trunk -- that turned out to be license-plate-reading cameras -- a man in New Jersey became obsessed with the loss of privacy for vehicles on American roads. (He's not the only one.) The man, who goes by the Internet handle "Puking Monkey," did an analysis of the many ways his car could be tracked and stumbled upon something rather interesting: his E-ZPass, which he obtained for the purpose of paying tolls, was being used to track his car in unexpected places, far away from any toll booths.

Puking Monkey is an electronics tinkerer, so he hacked his RFID-enabled E-ZPass to set off a light and a "moo cow" every time it was being read. Then he drove around New York. His tag got milked multiple times on the short drive from Times Square to Madison Square Garden in mid-town Manhattan...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhil ... 59474662c0

So, clearly, some people use their (more than $5.50/ day) blindly giving-up their privacy.....

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 10-29-2018 12:13 PM

Kbot Quote

There is a lot that I like about Obamacare. But, here's the issue - there is still all those middlemen in between that will do their best to make sure that they get their pound of flesh. So, reimbursement's under Obamacare Care go down, and rather than face loss of revenue for supplies, manufacturers of those supplies move operations overseas. The costs to healthcare goes down some, but, in the end those who own the companies and those who market either supplies see their incomes skyrocket. 

Many lost their coverage under Obamacare with the loopholes over what makes a full time, part time or per diem worker. So, those in charge jettison FT and PT workers and make most staff per diems. We've seem this explode across healthcare, so seeing healthcare staff work at two or three hospitals isn't to survive isn't uncommon. Those who made these decisions got raises and bonuses......

Do you ever read what you write or hear what you say??

There is a lot that I like about Obamacare.
Then you go on to describe how it is destroying health care, destroying the worker bees in the health care system. But never mention, "The Good Parts" that you like, because there aren't any. You are so busy looking for the Good Parts of Evil, you have totally lost the ability to know Right from Wrong, Period! You live in a world that is gray to black and justify it. Do you have any idea how detached and disassociated from reality of whole that appears?

I look forward to your rendition of what you like about, in your own words and admission of that, that which is destroying your work place? Maybe even tell us about the Good Parts of being forced to put you hand on a hot stove, or being filled with so much hate, a killing frenzy, is the only way left to go..............?
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-29-2018 02:39 PM

Doka wrote: 10-29-2018 12:13 PM
Kbot Quote

There is a lot that I like about Obamacare. But, here's the issue - there is still all those middlemen in between that will do their best to make sure that they get their pound of flesh. So, reimbursement's under Obamacare Care go down, and rather than face loss of revenue for supplies, manufacturers of those supplies move operations overseas. The costs to healthcare goes down some, but, in the end those who own the companies and those who market either supplies see their incomes skyrocket. 

Many lost their coverage under Obamacare with the loopholes over what makes a full time, part time or per diem worker. So, those in charge jettison FT and PT workers and make most staff per diems. We've seem this explode across healthcare, so seeing healthcare staff work at two or three hospitals isn't to survive isn't uncommon. Those who made these decisions got raises and bonuses......

Then you go on to describe how it is destroying health care, destroying the worker bees in the health care system. But never mention, "The Good Parts" that you like, because there aren't any. You are so busy looking for the Good Parts of Evil, you have totally lost the ability to know Right from Wrong, Period! You live in a world that is gray to black and justify it. Do you have any idea how detached and disassociated from reality of whole that appears?

I look forward to your rendition of what you like about, in your own words and admission of that, that which is destroying your work place? Maybe even tell us about the Good Parts of being forced to put you hand on a hot stove, or being filled with so much hate, a killing frenzy, is the only way left to go..............?
Yeas I do Doka - and, for example, apparently there are lots of things that the GOP actually like about Obamacare, such as the pre-existing conditions example, as the GOP is actually running on the idea.

So, what is it? Does the GOP like these provisions, or are they lying for the sake of votes?

What I (and many people) do not like about Obamacare is the amount of time that providers are now forced into with data entry. It takes time away from examining patients......

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 10-29-2018 03:49 PM

GOP Senate candidate says he supports pre-existing conditions while backing lawsuit to end them

Missouri GOP Senate candidate Josh Hawley says in a new ad that he supports forcing insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions, even as he takes part in a lawsuit that would overturn those protections in ObamaCare.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4 ... le-backing

Actually, there are a whole bunch of Senator's backing the lawsuit and lying to their constituents about supporting pre-existing conditions. Rachel named them all last week but they are listed on google one by one. Look them up.

What happened to Trump's plan to provide better coverage? Looks to me like McConnell and henchmen are reversing your plan back to what it was before, where 46 million people had no coverage or any hope of getting it and a few million others couldn't get coverage because they had a pre-existing hang nail. Heartless bastards!
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 10-29-2018 04:06 PM

Wisconsin governor may seek waiver to let insurers hike premiums for pre-existing conditions

Gov. Scott Walker said Friday that he would consider seeking a waiver to let insurers raise premiums for people with pre-existing medical conditions if the House Republicans' health care plan becomes law.

House GOP members narrowly passed the bill Thursday that would roll back former President Barack Obama's health care law. Part of the bill would allow states to seek waivers exempting insurers from Obama's prohibition on higher premiums for people with pre-existing problems. States could then use federal dollars to fund government-operated insurance programs for pools of expensive patients.

Walker, a Republican, told reporters that he would consider seeking such a waiver, saying Wisconsin has run high-risk pools well in the past.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nat ... YLS47uh4Ow

High risk pools? What a load of crap!
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 10-29-2018 04:35 PM

kbot wrote: 10-29-2018 02:39 PM
Doka wrote: 10-29-2018 12:13 PM
Kbot Quote

Yeas I do Doka - and, for example, apparently there are lots of things that the GOP actually like about Obamacare, such as the pre-existing conditions example, as the GOP is actually running on the idea.

So, what is it? Does the GOP like these provisions, or are they lying for the sake of votes?

What I (and many people) do not like about Obamacare is the amount of time that providers are now forced into with data entry. It takes time away from examining patients......
Wow Kbot, you are sounding a little weak now about your past hatred of Obama Care. In the past you couldn't say enough bad things about it. Now that it's under the control of the Republicans you've changed you tune a bit. Have you suddenly realised that no health care system is perfect? But the one you had before Obama and the one you're going to be stuck with pretty soon is going to be wonderful for those who profit from illness and a disaster for those who have an illness.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 10-29-2018 06:03 PM

:nod: :vultures:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-29-2018 06:05 PM

Raggedyann wrote: 10-29-2018 04:35 PM
Wow Kbot, you are sounding a little weak now about your past hatred of Obama Care. In the past you couldn't say enough bad things about it. Now that it's under the control of the Republicans you've changed you tune a bit. Have you suddenly realised that no health care system is perfect? But the one you had before Obama and the one you're going to be stuck with pretty soon is going to be wonderful for those who profit from illness and a disaster for those who have an illness.
There still is a LOT about Obamacare that I don't like. Take the meaningful use criteria, which says, basically, that, as an organization (hospital or hospital system), you can demonstrate that you have met certain benchmarks by a certain date, that you (as the organization) will rake-in MILLIONS in compensation.

Consider this - in order to et these benchmarks, hospitals have had to incur huge costs in upgrades to hardware, software and support staff. These costs contribute to higher costs in the delivery of healthcare, and its debatable how much it contributes to the delivery of healthcare.

Then there is the issue of US companies moving overseas as they could not comply with the new rules. Loss of jobs as the Obamacare rules required insurance if a company had a certain number of employees.........hence the rise of per diems.

Outside of the pre-existing conditions rules, there isn't much that I like about it.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 10-29-2018 07:40 PM

kbot wrote: 10-29-2018 06:05 PM
Raggedyann wrote: 10-29-2018 04:35 PM
There still is a LOT about Obamacare that I don't like. Take the meaningful use criteria, which says, basically, that, as an organization (hospital or hospital system), you can demonstrate that you have met certain benchmarks by a certain date, that you (as the organization) will rake-in MILLIONS in compensation.

Consider this - in order to et these benchmarks, hospitals have had to incur huge costs in upgrades to hardware, software and support staff. These costs contribute to higher costs in the delivery of healthcare, and its debatable how much it contributes to the delivery of healthcare.

Then there is the issue of US companies moving overseas as they could not comply with the new rules. Loss of jobs as the Obamacare rules required insurance if a company had a certain number of employees.........hence the rise of per diems.

Outside of the pre-existing conditions rules, there isn't much that I like about it.
And this is why the USA pays double for health care over Canada and other countries. It's completely screwed up. But as you can see, Canada, Australia, Britain, Japan, Germany, and other European countries are all under communist rule thanks to the implementation of universal health care... oh wait, no they're not. :mrgreen:

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-30-2018 07:36 AM

Raggedyann wrote: 10-29-2018 07:40 PM And this is why the USA pays double for health care over Canada and other countries. It's completely screwed up. But as you can see, Canada, Australia, Britain, Japan, Germany, and other European countries are all under communist rule thanks to the implementation of universal health care... oh wait, no they're not. :mrgreen:

You don't know the half of it RA.......... The desire (why, I still haven't figured out) to amass data is driving most of the changes in healthcare, and this requires an unprecedented overhaul of the records system across the entire industry from computers to networks to staff. Just what is done with all this data is anyone's guess.

Hand-in-hand with this is the security issue with all this information potentially being hacked. One study showed how an 11 year old was able to hack computer systems. Because there is this push on to get the systems in place, very little thought was given in some cases to network security.

Then there's the drug mess. The exact same med taken here in the US can be bought a LOT cheaper in Canada or other countries. Why? Who knows.........

Return to “Economy”