LGBTQQIAAP Complicating the Complicated

Belowdecks...Serious rants, etc...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-10-2016 02:01 PM

I think this is sad story, that did not need to be. I will say that the only thing I did not go through in my life was my sexual identity , I was born liking men, and will die liking men. But I certainly knew how and did mess up every thing else that life had to offer, but I eventually learned to stay out of my own way and things got better.

Who Crushed the Lesbian Bars? A New Minefield of Identity PoliticsPortland, an LGBTQ haven, doesn't have a single dance party that caters exclusively to women seeking women. Good luck starting one!

A slightly dumpy strip mall on Northeast Sandy Boulevard near Interstate 205 houses a convenience store and the closest thing Portland has to a lesbian bar.

Just don't call it that.

An Interesting and "complicated" article.

http://www.wweek.com/culture/2016/11/30 ... -politics/
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Re: LGBTQQIAAP Complicating the Complicated

Post by kbot » 12-11-2016 11:14 AM

Question - if a guy goes to a lesbian bar seeking to get served an pick-up a woman, and is denied, can he sue for discrimination?

Just wondering......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-11-2016 01:08 PM

kbot wrote:Question - if a guy goes to a lesbian bar seeking to get served an pick-up a woman, and is denied, can he sue for discrimination?

Just wondering......

He can sue if they don't let him , and serve him a drink, period. If he where smart he would keep his motives to himself or possibly being beaten to a bloody pulp. The Law is not always good about protecting the "TOTALLY STUPID"
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-11-2016 01:30 PM

My point about posting this the people worked hard getting the laws enacted, getting their "Rights" enacted , then the Lesbians, became so highly specialized and disagreeable to anyone but "Their" , "Highly Specialized Groups" that they have no place to go. I could be "beaten to a pulp" for even suggesting the "melt down" has been caused with-in their own circles. But of course it is someone elses fault. They seem to have no idea what has happened. The article is well worth reading, if you have the time.

LGBTQQIAAP does any body know what this means? Or maybe, I'm just not educated enough to understand even if I knew? :confused:
KARMA RULES

Riddick
Pirate

When A Man (Or Woman, Or Whatever) Loves A Woman (Or Man, Or Whatever)

Post by Riddick » 12-11-2016 02:38 PM

kbot wrote:Question - if a guy goes to a lesbian bar seeking to get served an pick-up a woman, and is denied, can he sue for discrimination?

Just wondering......
Wait, what? I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a case for being refused service, generally speaking. But if he's also there looking to pick up a woman and succeeds, seems to me he'd only have cause, if the woman wasn't a strict lesbian to start. It means either the bar wasn't policing its clientele carefully enough, or contrary to its claim it was actually catering to bi-sexuals - Possibly pan-sexuals as well. Heck, even omni-sexuals.

On the subject of ambi-sexuals, gender fluidity being all the rage these days, how about what's going on with the Tinseltown Glitterati awards eh?? -
  • Gender-Fluid Actor Kelly Mantle Makes Oscar History
    Producers sought both supporting actor and supporting actress consideration for gender-fluid actor Kelly Mantle in “Confessions of a Womanizer.” The Academy granted the request, setting a historic precedent. FULL STORY
Y'know how Art wrote "The Quickening"?... He writes a sequel on social trends, he could call the follow up "The F*ckening".
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-11-2016 07:57 PM

:drinkingc
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-12-2016 12:04 PM

Doka wrote:

Just wondering......

He can sue if they don't let him , and serve him a drink, period. If he where smart he would keep his motives to himself or possibly being beaten to a bloody pulp. The Law is not always good about protecting the "TOTALLY STUPID"
Well, there is a LOT of "stupid" out there........ Just saying, eventually this whole thing will reach a tipping point as the people identified in lawsuits as being the cause of so much grief will at some point exercise their freedoms and attempt to turn the tables and , most likely, file a lawsuit based on - you guessed, unequal access
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-12-2016 12:59 PM

kbot wrote:
Doka wrote:

Just wondering......

Well, there is a LOT of "stupid" out there........ Just saying, eventually this whole thing will reach a tipping point as the people identified in lawsuits as being the cause of so much grief will at some point exercise their freedoms and attempt to turn the tables and , most likely, file a lawsuit based on - you guessed, unequal access
=========================================

Then, If that be the case, wouldn't we be right back where we used to be, in the "Dark Ages" when I was growing up. When The Boy Scouts where BOY Scouts, when the Girl Scouts, where GIRL Scouts , when the Ladies Aid Society, was the LADIES Aid Society, when men, had MEN'S CLUBS. ?

Parish the thought! That was back in the "Old Days" when there was only 2 sexes, Male and Female! What you did with your "Sex" was your business, not mine. Why ! That's just "Cruel" thinking! :shock:
KARMA RULES

Riddick
Pirate

GNOC - Gender Neutrality On Campus

Post by Riddick » 12-13-2016 05:11 AM

Oxford University Students Told To Use 'Ze' Instead Of 'He' Or 'She'
  • 'Ze' is often used by transgender people in place of traditional pronouns.
  • The move to use the gender neutral pronoun was outlined in a students' union leaflet.
  • The intention is to reduce the risk of transgender students being offended.
  • Students hope the use of pronouns will move to lectures and seminars.
FULL STORY
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-13-2016 06:43 AM

Doka wrote: Then, If that be the case, wouldn't we be right back where we used to be, in the "Dark Ages" when I was growing up. When The Boy Scouts where BOY Scouts, when the Girl Scouts, where GIRL Scouts , when the Ladies Aid Society, was the LADIES Aid Society, when men, had MEN'S CLUBS. ?

Parish the thought! That was back in the "Old Days" when there was only 2 sexes, Male and Female! What you did with your "Sex" was your business, not mine. Why ! That's just "Cruel" thinking! :shock:
Not to mention "inclusive......." - one of the recent buzzwords that's been shoved down our collective throats. That and "empowering......".

Not to mention that there is a lawyer on every street corner willing to file a lawsuit over perceived wrongs :mrgreen:

kbot
Pirate

Re: GNOC - Gender Neutrality On Campus

Post by kbot » 12-13-2016 06:47 AM

Riddick wrote:Oxford University Students Told To Use 'Ze' Instead Of 'He' Or 'She'

The intention is to reduce the risk of transgender students being offended.

Meaning that everyone else can go %*^*(@^(@^ themselves?????

For those old enough, remember all the uproar over "Thee" and "Thou"?????? :mrgreen:

I guess as long as it's politically correct..........

Riddick
Pirate

Paglia: 'Transgender Mania' Is A Symptom Of West's Cultural Collapse

Post by Riddick » 12-24-2016 11:34 PM

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “The Murky Bilge”