Being Human and the Abuse of Science

Belowdecks...Serious rants, etc...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 10-19-2018 07:33 PM

Some things I have been saying, but much better stated in article.

The question, Hamlet, is not "to be or not to be" or even "to act or not to act." It is "to believe or not to believe."

Human being calls for living according to a set of beliefs that come from the source of being – not from the brain, not from science, not from natural or man-made objects. Being human stems from cognition that transcends the opinions and calculations of any individual or group. This is something that people have always known and leaders have forgotten.

Philosophers and theologians who object or rationalize around this central fact of human life ignore or make light of the fact that we do not put ourselves here and know zilch about how, for example, water, food, and air become thoughts, emotions, and the countless products of human life and civilization, from safety standards to works of art. This large blind spot regarding the reality of the world and ourselves leads to endless falsehoods that obstruct sound judgment and action.

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... qus_thread
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

The Trouble With ( SETTLED?!? ) Science - A Prisoner Perspective

Post by Riddick » 10-21-2018 12:00 AM

The notion society has a right and duty to influence or outright control individuals for the "common good" was a pet peeve of Patrick McGoohan, creator and star of the 1960's sci-spy-fi cult TV classic The Prisoner

In allegorical fashion, with "The Village" as a dubiously idyllic backdrop, episodes explored various ways mass deception can be promulgated by society using both hard ("natural") and soft ("social") scientific methods -

Pledged to this effort, scientists and medical staff operate a horror chamber in The Village where folks deemed "Unmutual" undergo major mind numbing procedures to treat their severe mental "illness" (chronic non conformity).

Aside forced psychoactive medicating, extensive 're-education' and ECT for extreme cases, Villager conditioning is done by way of "The Tally Ho" (the sole newspaper) and the one and only and omnipresent Village TV channel.

Along with spoon-fed propaganda and "fake news" 24/7/365, surveillance by The Village security arm, Control, is everywhere and relentless - "We want information," those in charge say, and by hook or crook they'll get it -

Since The Prisoner first aired, not only has 50 year old fiction become fact, applied science took The Village up to 11 and global, with eyes-glued tech addicted masses spied on by their I-Phones AND satellite eyes in the skies.

In place of pharmaceuticals, electronic mind-state alteration. In place of ECT, "shock and awe" social media. In place of "The Tally Ho" and Village TV? A lopsided MSM, telling you what to think with a menacing intimidating tone.

And now, it's not just those in charge: government or business; Facebook, its users, its hackers, everybody wants information. Data privacy is a joke! No one's life is immune from intrusion by anyone with a desire to CONTROL

BEWARE devoted yet passive information consumption - Next to "The Idiot Box" as a means to a end, mass deception efforts see today's pervasive "It's on the Internet, it must be true" attitude as an absolute brainwashing boon -

To quote a line from The Prisoner, while not inherently good OR evil, "The trouble with science is it can be PERVERTED." To escape the worst of the Digital Age's influences folks need unplug, speak up, ask questions, and THINK.

"The science is settled!" WTF!? Since when is science settled? Like all there is to know is now known? Fighting climate change isn't science, it's a means to a end: Buy in, and join the Orwellian hive-mind, or be labeled "Unmutual!"

The good news is even for folks long accepting the terms of their intellectual captivity, the capacity to break free of false Collective beliefs with full-on eyes-wide awareness may exist, IF there remains any remnant of reality in their being -

In any case, knowing the perverted possibilities, it behooves folks to greet any extreme promotion of science applied for "the common good" with the greatest of caution, at the very least, if not with outright deep suspicion...

Well, I guess that settles THAT?! ANYhoo, that's all from Yours Truly for now folks -

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Re: Being Human and the Abuse of Science

Post by Doka » 10-21-2018 02:07 PM

Once Science is "Settled" it should no longer be called "Science".

Why people never question, their own beliefs is a mystery to me, especially when the "Beliefs" have the power to cause much harm to others as well as themselves.

Quote from Article
This large blind spot regarding the reality of the world and ourselves leads to endless falsehoods that obstruct sound judgment and action.
When a human just accepts the"Tribalism" of their group, perhaps, they feel safer by just following(Sheeple). When in reality, their beloved tribe, is just a bunch of "Cannibals", they have excused themselves, from the personal stuggle of knowing "right from wrong" or perhaps they have given up on themselves or are simply, not self aware that they have the choice. Victimhood ,excuses the Sheeple from any self responsibility. They have thrown themselves under the bus and will happily take any body with them that volunteers to try to help them.
RUN.

I have struggled over these long years to rise above and over all the adversity that life in general tends to hand out, keep watch on my own "stuff" , I Iike running with the "Winners" those who overcome their own paranoid perceptions that God or their fellow man, is taking time out to just make their lives miserable, what Ego! I have a good life, I don't dwell on what I don't have, my sense of humor is intact about myself and others. I am aging, not so gracefully, as my body falls apart one bit at time. I am becoming excellent at "Sound Effects", groan, whimper, and very familar with the word "Ouch!" There are 2 things that I hope I don't experience before I die. One, the loss of my Country. Two, The insane desire to be enslaved, by the Demons of Pure Evil. I have no doubt that I will survive both, because of what I Understand about myself. My worst fear, is having to watch the worse than usual "Carnage" that will take place.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Science Club

Post by Riddick » 10-21-2018 09:25 PM

Doka wrote: 10-21-2018 02:07 PM Once Science is "Settled" it should no longer be called "Science".
Saying it's settled doesn't mean it's settled beyond any reasonable doubt. It's just their way to make it out as if folks who don't lock stock & barrel buy into their bull are unreasonable. Besides, if it's settled, why have they kept changing their story?

Either way they'll keep calling it science as long as science makes for a convenient club to beat everyone over the head & shoulders with 'til they get what they want
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “The Murky Bilge”