Something this way comes...

The view is great, the air is fresh

Moderator: Super Moderators

dansgold
Pirate

Post by dansgold » 05-07-2006 12:12 AM

Linnea wrote: ... So, dansgold - are you suggesting there is a force which is alien to earth which is showing its face?

I think so. Partly at least. Something "not us", but something that has been with us so long that we scarcely would notice it as being foreign unless it made a misstep ... perhaps reaching too quickly for something it wanted to take from us.

And make no mistake ... it wants, it hungers ... for what exactly I don't know.

I've been in situations with "other" before, and this is different somehow.

But I won't run.
-- dansgold
The avalanche has started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote.

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 05-07-2006 01:51 AM

Linnea wrote: It seems to go beyond what we usually identify with evil - or even greed.

It is palpable. It seems to be growing stronger each day.
dansgold wrote: Something "not us", but something that has been with us so long that we scarcely would notice it as being foreign unless it made a misstep ... perhaps reaching too quickly for something it wanted to take from us.

And make no mistake ... it wants, it hungers ... for what exactly I don't know.

You're both talking about the same thing here, IMO. But your words are colored by the differing lenses of perception through which you are seeing, and then, interpreting. We all do this, I believe, on both personal and cultural levels, especially in regard to those things which are difficult to express in words.

I sense this, too, but I differ from you dans, in that I don't see/feel this as something necessarily 'foreign.' We hold within us both light and darkness, in my understanding. This thing, as I perceive it, emanates from within ourselves, not from some outside source.

What you've described here: "reaching too quickly for something it wanted to take from us," and "it wants, it hungers" are behaviors common to children. This thing has not yet reached its maturity. But what we feed, grows. It is more a matter of what we choose, on a collective level, to feed.

To address Linnea's initial question:
Is there a 'lust for power' that is natural to us? Seems that is a driving force behind most of what is being 'designed'. This lust for power seems even beyond 'human nature' - at least in its current 'death wish' kinds of patterning.

This is not to say that I feel we are damned by an inherent 'lust for power' or anything of the sort. Key here are the words 'natural to us.' No, I do not believe this is natural to us. I won't go into this in great detail here, but I do not accept that humans are 'naturally' greedy, violent creatures. In simplified form: This began when we began to live in an unnatural state. We are 'naturally' egalitarian creatures, as were the original human foraging communities. But when faced with shortages of resources, we entered an 'unnatural' state, and adapted to that reality. We cannot now undo what's been done over vast ages of time, but we CAN recognize it, and work to correct the imbalance we've created.

I hope that made sense in some way, as I realize I am greatly oversimplifying something much more complicated, for the sake of brevity.

I also realize that my view goes against the more commonly held view of 'human nature,' but it is, nonetheless, my view, and is based in my own research, observations, and thought processes. I do not wish to argue it. I merely put it forth as a part of our discussion, to be considered, and understood as my view when I speak.
dansgold wrote: But I won't run.

Nor will I, dans. My act of 'running' is actually a battle stance, although again, not in a conventional sense.

I hope that we, here, will be tolerant of one another, and that none of us have come here with intent to debate or argue, but to share our thoughts and toss out ideas in a search for meaning in the face of that which, for all practical purposes, is ineffable.
Last edited by Joolz on 05-07-2006 02:56 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 05-07-2006 02:15 AM

Joolz come visit we'll walk in the mountains.;)

nitenative
Pirate

Post by nitenative » 05-07-2006 02:32 AM

:) Brilliant piece, Joolz! I applaud you for the clarity of your view....I also agree, especially that the thing we fear is within us and that we are not naturally greedy, grasping creatures...ONLY when we don't have enough to eat, enough warmth, enough resources - only when our biological lives are being threatened -- do most of us bite and grasp and become greedy.

Yet, the miracle of our history as a species is there are many who, because of LOVE, have risen above their biological drive to survive -- who have laid down their lives for those they love. This is a great and wonderous testament to the fact that we are made of transcendant stuff, this stuff of our souls...and we can overcome, with or without our biological beings, with this the power of Love.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 05-07-2006 10:42 AM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is there a 'lust for power' that is natural to us? Seems that is a driving force behind most of what is being 'designed'. This lust for power seems even beyond 'human nature' - at least in its current 'death wish' kinds of patterning.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quoting Joolz's:
"This is not to say that I feel we are damned by an inherent 'lust for power' or anything of the sort. Key here are the words 'natural to us.' No, I do not believe this is natural to us. I won't go into this in great detail here, but I do not accept that humans are 'naturally' greedy, violent creatures. In simplified form: This began when we began to live in an unnatural state. We are 'naturally' egalitarian creatures, as were the original human foraging communities. But when faced with shortages of resources, we entered an 'unnatural' state, and adapted to that reality. We cannot now undo what's been done over vast ages of time, but we CAN recognize it, and work to correct the imbalance we've created."

I also believe your statement above Joolz's, it is very easy to say when we do wrong it is "natural". To me that is shifting responsibility, we live in a society today where no one wants to take responsibility for their actions. What is inherent in us is we all know on some level what is right or wrong but don't want to do the work.

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Post by Jon-Marcus » 05-07-2006 11:44 AM

Might seem odd ( or not), but I find myself in agreement with everyone posting thus far.
I don't know if this will make much sence to anyone, but:

For as long as I can remember I've always gotten a "feeling" when something supernatural was near. I have that feeling now. Have had it sence around 9/11/01. But that feeling is different. It feels ominous. Dreadful.
In other threads I've made reference to "the gathering darkness". Not darkness as in night time. Darkness as in opressive evil, or negitive energy. take your pick.
Whatever this darkness is it corrupts people both high and low ( figuratively speaking). From the streets of LA to the Whitehouse and beyond, there is crime and corruption. Chaos everywhere. War and threats of war. Peace is NOT breaking out all over. And it seems to be getting worse all the time.
This chaotic darkness can't be bargined with or hidden from. It has to be faced head on. It's physical manifestations, such as war, on down to street level crime are only symptoms. Think secondary infection. IE; AIDS. AIDS isn't what really kills. It's the secondary infections that do you in. Ok, that's not a truely acurate example, but you get the idea.
The point is, the darkness probably can't directly do us physical harm so it needs the secondary infections. But it can and will attack us mentally and spiritually. We had best be prepared for it.
My way is to return home to Louisiana when certain conditions appear. There, out in the country where I was raised and where I've always gone to heal my soul, I will make my stand against the darkness.
Honestly, I am afraid. I don't want to have to do this. But my choices are limited and I can't turn away.
Last edited by Jon-Marcus on 05-07-2006 11:46 AM, edited 1 time in total.
"You have forgotten the face of your father." Roland Deschain

dansgold
Pirate

Post by dansgold » 05-07-2006 12:52 PM

You make perfect sense to me, Jon-Marcus.

I especially relate to your sense of the supernatural. I too have often had a "knowing" or a "spider-sense" (:rolleyes: ) about evil somethings. It usually manifests itselfs as a sortof "battle anger" ... I'm very angry these days.
Last edited by dansgold on 05-07-2006 12:55 PM, edited 1 time in total.
-- dansgold
The avalanche has started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 05-07-2006 02:29 PM

It makes sense to me as well, and I was particularly struck (all the posts here are striking) by Joolz, who said everyone feels *something* coming, we just differ on what and the magnitude.

In following the thread however, I'm beginning to wonder whether something *is coming*, or whether something already has. Many have spoken about the shift they felt in the Year 2000, and since then we've been through undeniably remarkable times, spiking in events like September 11th, the tsunami, war and Katrina. Perhaps we're not sensing some singular future event, but the enormous change going on all around us. Whatever that change may be.

Having said that, I also feel the "battle anger" Dansgold speaks of, as well as a rising of tension in the air as summer arrives.

My thoughts today, after considering the posts, are that the future isn't ominous, but what we have to go through to get there, is. Much pain, but still time.
Last edited by Live365 on 05-07-2006 02:32 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Lockhart77
Pirate

Post by Lockhart77 » 05-08-2006 12:49 PM

"I enjoy your posts, Lockhart. You bring a freshness, sincerity and tolerance with your faith. That is a wonderful thing."

Why Thank You, very nice of you to say, I am honored. thanks for having me. And Thank you for creating this forum, it is awesome.:) :)
Last edited by Lockhart77 on 05-08-2006 12:52 PM, edited 1 time in total.
"there are moments when, even to the sober eye of reason, the world of our sad humanity may assume the semblance of a Hell"
Edgar Allen Poe

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 05-14-2006 12:11 PM

Linnea, I agree something has stepped out of the shadows, I don't know what it is, but I don't think we need to fear the "terrorists" as we are self destructing on our own, IMO. Even in the little battles we have here on the ship.

We do have a way to change things I believe that in my heart. The minute we stop believing we have given up and deserve everything we have coming to us.

This is no longer about Rep/Dems this is about all of us (you and me )treading water, to keep our heads above the waves. We are all in the same boat folks & unless we can find a common ground to fight this battle together, we will continue to be pulled under.

We are being manipulated from many different directions and its coming so fast its hard to keep up. I believe this manipulation is being done to keep us fighting among each other. I am as guilty as the next person for feeding this manipulation.

We need to find a way to battle whatever this is together.

My apologies for rambling.
Last edited by SETIsLady on 05-14-2006 12:16 PM, edited 1 time in total.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 05-14-2006 01:27 PM

Lemme tell ya what’s coming… A massive cultural retrenchment after four hundred years of Western progress is what’s coming. Neither human nature nor the planetary ecosystem can continue to tolerate for much longer the advancement in human freedom and human dignity that has been going on for the past four hundred years, and it’s gonna come to a screeching halt, tout de suite. Linnea is going to be trampled underfoot by a rampaging herd of battle-crazed war elephants as she runs out into the middle of no-man’s land to attempt to preserve the common ground, and I am going to fall upon my sword in the castle keep while it scratches at the door frantically to get at me. The f’ing capitalist pigs, not the meek, are going to inherit the earth, and for a couple of hundred years Satan will rule the planet. And then, when the dynamics of capitalism has cleansed the world of just about everybody holding onto it by their fingers and toes, the great-great-grandchildren of the survivors will begin to think about the past, will become ashamed of their aristocratic roots, and will try to do justice to the historical losers. And the cycle will begin again… and again… and again…

Remember what Hegel said: “the owl of Minerva flies at dusk… the only thing that we learn from history is that we cannot learn from history.” That’s just simply the bottom line, folks, and the reaffirmation of that bottom line --- in spades --- is what is approaching us now with the speed of a tsunami. Look to see it --- real soon! --- on the horizon as a small straight line, way off in the distance, all across your line of sight…
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 05-14-2006 04:59 PM

SETIsLady wrote: ...as we are self destructing on our own, IMO. Even in the little battles we have here on the ship.

This is no longer about Rep/Dems this is about all of us (you and me )treading water, to keep our heads above the waves. We are all in the same boat folks & unless we can find a common ground to fight this battle together, we will continue to be pulled under.

We are being manipulated from many different directions and its coming so fast its hard to keep up. I believe this manipulation is being done to keep us fighting among each other.

We need to find a way to battle whatever this is together.

T'wasn't rambling. Far from it.

"The only thing we learn from history is that we cannot learn from history." B.F. Skinner said that the only animal who can't be conditioned -- that will keep pressing the bar for reward even though it gets shocked everytime it does -- is Man. His history proves it. Or so said B.F. Skinner. We'll see, I guess.
Last edited by Live365 on 05-14-2006 05:02 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 05-15-2006 12:21 PM

SETIsLady:

'This is no longer about Rep/Dems'

I cannot agree with you more & IMHO, while not a groundswell

here & there more & more, I see similar sentiments expressed...
even from long-time die-hard defenders of the 2-party status quo

As anecdotal evidence, you may find this interesting, SETIsLady...

There's a local conservative radio talker here in the Milwaukee market
who's long been a water-carrier for the Republicans

whose station has taken to airing commercials
promoting his show - - with clips of him saying
as much as both the Republican and Democrat
parties have become adulterated & corrupted
by power-lust

I heard that, & thot
"Wow. It only took you HOW long to figure that out, Charlie?"

Now perhaps this change is simply a marketing strategy shift,
as there is another conservative host at a competing station
(whose ratings are higher) that is, at times, critical of Reps...

OR, perhaps it's that his own station has detected an actual
shift in sentiments amongst its audience and is responding?

BUT nevertheless IMHO
For this host to in any way suggest that the party in power
has lost its luster, is a major departure
from his typical derriere-kissing !!

Now, how full and faithful this parting with his puckering past is,
I'm not sure...

IMHO, whether it's an actual change of heart on his part, or not,
it may ultimately depend on what his show's Arbitron ratings say

(I suspect he may be keeping a crate of Chap-Stick handy just in case)

vigo
Chief Swabbie

Post by vigo » 05-24-2006 11:15 PM

Your thoughts stir me. I have had strange and unsettling feelings deep inside (my soul?) for some time. These feelings seem to want to speak to me, yet the idea of spending quiet time now bothers me.

In the past, on several silent spiritual retreats, I had discovered that seeking solitude honed my yet untapped "gift of awareness". It was always a pleasant experience. It was during these retreats that I became aware of the gift of dreams. I often wrote down my dreams and searched their meaning. Mostly I felt they were of a personal nature. My mind getting rid of the clutter of the day or unexpressed feelings and thoughts that needed to be addressed.

That was until I started what I call my dark period. I started having dreams about misery and profound sadness. I sought direction from some professional friends who examined what was going on in my life...to rule out signs of depression and anxiety.

The dreams stumped them. They (the dreams) had no bearing on my personal life or that of my family. In the end I was told to just pray and seek solitude.

Question....Do we really want to know? What if you possess the gift of sight and it speaks of horrors and destruction? Do you really want to know?

My hope is that goodness will prevail if we love and seek a common ground. I agree with ShirlyPal and all of you that feel that love is the answer or solution to our World's woes.

However a part of me has set aside a small place I call my dark closet, the unrealized dreams of happiness for a dose of reality that frankly smells of brimstone and death. Normally I am an upbeat guy that is known to be an optimist. Oh well, I guess the future holds the truth to our questions.

I believe the Truth that we seek is close to revealing itself...whatever it is...
Well, better late than never, I suppose... Joe Quinn. ;)

Barbie
Pirate

Post by Barbie » 05-25-2006 03:26 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Live365
I also feel the "battle anger" Dansgold speaks of, as well as a rising of tension in the air as summer arrives.

I began feeling it last October when I first photographed those strange sky-creatures. They look as though they belong in a sea, not the skies above us.

And then there has been the wire-tapping, the leaks from the White House, the new post today about Ministers being trained by FEMA to get their church members to submit to a militia take-over. Also the Weather Modification Bills going through Washington, right now. If the Chemtrails don't get us, the preachers or the thugs will probably try.

BE STRONG, Mates! I'm not sure, but the White Lights might work better if we ALL can visualize them around us... and this forum!

Return to “The Crow's Nest”