C2C Resembled WWE Smackdown Saturday Night

Saturday Host on Coast to Coast AM!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Pseudonaut
Pirate

Post by Pseudonaut » 04-21-2008 12:30 AM

Man, I didn't listen and now I really wish I had. I wasnt even DOING anything last night! Bah! Shirley? What I gotta do? :)

I love Ian, though I certainly feel hes becoming more frustrated and it shows in his reactions to open lines. Then again he's always been skeptical to the point of rudeness. Oh, and smug. Very, very smug.

cherry
Pirate

Giants .....

Post by cherry » 04-21-2008 07:29 AM

Quayle is a heretic who investigates nephilim, fallen angels .... :o

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 04-22-2008 02:54 AM

I had mixed feelings about that show, Ian seemed angry that the show didn't go the direction he wanted, I didn't find the guest taking the show in such a horrible direction. But Quayle also seemed so offended because Ian (or callers) didn't agree with him fully, which made Quayle sound really awful

I do like Ian challenging his guests some. I really liked how he did the previous week as that guy was really annoying and logic was full of holes. I didn't find Quayle as annoying, but asking some challenging questions is fine. Quayle got offended and it went back and forth and you can tell both guys were angry about the whole situation but it seemed like neither wanted to be the one to go first so we just had a lot of tense radio.

I think you guys really hit the issue correctly, Noory is such an easy/lazy interviewer that Quayle might be expecting just to talk for half an hour at a time with an occasion interview interaction with "That's amazing, and Oh my gosh!" That when you are actual being asked a follow up question it guest is shocked. But then again that is the deal with most talk radio where the host preaches something the entire show and then brings in an "expert" (just because he writes a book) who agree's with everything the host thinks.

But saying that I didn't think Ian had a great show himself, he challenged the logic of the "Art of War" guy couple of weekends ago very well and smartly. With Quayle Ian just seemed angry that the show didn't go the direction he wanted, which I am still not totally sure what it was and what Quayle did that confused Ian.

Lenny
Pirate

Post by Lenny » 04-25-2008 07:02 PM

I just re-listened to this show. It was an interesting topic [neoSurvivalism], but it seemed Quayle never even addressed it. He just spent minute after minute shouting boilerplate economic apocalypse stuff, and ignored Ian's attempts to try to guide the show on topic. I understand Quayle has a small radio show of his own. He acted like he was on it, rather than on C2C.

Biker wrote: I found it entertaining. Ian takes no crap and I like that about him.
Beats the hell out of Noory's constant butt-kissing.
[quote="OMG[/i]
Noory is such an easy/lazy interviewer that Quayle might be expecting just to talk for half an hour at a time with an occasion interview interaction with "That's amazing, and Oh my gosh!" That when you are actual being asked a follow up question it guest is shocked.[/quote]
Originally posted by starbrite"]
Steven Quayle is so used to George's interviewing technique of letting him run wild with the dailogue that he thought it was just going to be another long-winded nite on Coast. Well, Ian does not interview like that he is a very engaged interviewer and I think that Steven Quayle did not know how to handle it.

Starbrite's, Biker's, and OMG's comments are right on. Listening to Noory "interview" is so boring because he is basically a non-entity who never asks sharp questions or presses anyone. The bland questions he asks are clearly straight off a piece of paper, and there's no follow ups..no real back and forth. Noory is a nice man, but as a radio host of this format, he is far inferior to Punnett. (Let alone Bell.)

Lots of people complain about the poor quality of C2C under George Noory. This is exactly why.

jamesTkirk
Pirate

Post by jamesTkirk » 04-27-2008 02:48 PM

i agree with the others on this thread about Ian's ability to challenge guests and keep the show on track.

just listened to Ian's shows on 4/25 and 4/26. it's interesting to hear him explain what was truly biting at him while interviewing Steve Quale.

wouldn't it be nice to hear some sound bites from Steve's previous rants about the end of western civilization, perhaps back in 1999?

kinda would put his hysterics into better perspective...?

YOU GO IAN! YOU'RE A GREAT HOST FOR C2C!

jimbo

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 04-27-2008 05:13 PM

I agree Jimbo. I thought that the apology was unnecessary.

The show was great.

Biker
Last edited by Biker on 04-27-2008 05:23 PM, edited 1 time in total.
"Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding".

Ian Anderson

Lakesider
Pirate

Post by Lakesider » 04-27-2008 08:59 PM

I also thought the apology to Quayle and everyone else associated with C2C was unnecessary. Makes me wonder how close Ian came to getting fired.

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 04-27-2008 10:49 PM

Having never heard Quayle speak before, I found Ian to be rude and terribly antagonistic. I wasn't listening in 1999.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Return to “Ian Punnett/Saturday Host”