Hidden Features In Your Keyboard You Didn't Know About

Internet, computing and anything electronic and tech related discussed here

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Hidden Features In Your Keyboard You Didn't Know About

Post by Riddick » 09-26-2018 10:28 PM

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Re: Hidden Features In Your Keyboard You Didn't Know About

Post by Doka » 12-10-2018 01:09 PM

This is ok I guess if you use "Windows", I no longer use it , but still under the Tryant, Microsoft, with Chrome and Google who follow your every move. (Don't use Google either, nor Chrome, use FireFox, still gets the same result, but makes me feel better. :D )
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 12-10-2018 03:42 PM

Thanks again Riddick! That's the first professional training I've ever had on the "keyboard". Computers 101 in high school came long after my graduation day! :lol:

Now I have a reference guide to rely on for hidden features and shortcuts. :D

MK II

P.S. If we don't post regularly @ FF it may go the same route as Imaginative Worlds (down for :oops: the count) that averaged over 200 very shy guests nearly everyday. :o
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 02-11-2019 06:02 PM, edited 1 time in total.
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 πŸ” 🌏 πŸ—» 🌍 πŸŒ‹
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

SecretWindows
Pirate

Post by SecretWindows » 02-11-2019 05:07 PM

Malaria_Kidd II wrote: ↑12-10-2018 03:42 PM Thanks again Riddick! That's the first professional training I've ever had on the "keyboard". Computers 101 in high school came long after my graduation day! :lol:

Now I have a reference guide to rely on for hidden features and shortcuts. :D

MK II

P.S. I we don't post regularly @ FF it may go the same route as Imaginative Worlds (down for :oops: the count) that averaged over 200 very shy guests nearly everyday. :o
Thing is without Art Bell, there is no life left in the sails of these forums. That doesn't mean a person like Art Bell won't rise up one day and take the reigns from Noory, but until that day comes... we're all afloat with no wind for the sails.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-12-2019 12:05 PM

SecretWindows wrote: ↑02-11-2019 05:07 PM
Thing is without Art Bell, there is no life left in the sails of these forums. That doesn't mean a person like Art Bell won't rise up one day and take the reigns from Noory, but until that day comes... we're all afloat with no wind for the sails.
If only that were the case SW.

I had hopes for John B Wells, but he's off on a politically-oriented show, something Art hated. George Knapp is another favorite (for me at least) but he has an established gig already.

IMHO, there's too much involvement with the terrestrial radio stations now with the various owners - Clear Channel, i Heart Radio, et all for someone in the mold of Art to develop. TPTB would squash someone like that unless they towed the company line......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

SecretWindows
Pirate

Post by SecretWindows » 02-12-2019 12:39 PM

I do believe there is a strong potential for an Art Bell type to once again revolutionize the industry. But it won't be on terrestrial radio. It has to be on new age media, and as Art once said, it cannot be done by producing one prerecorded show a week.

All we have now are poor carbon copies.
What we need is somebody Unique. Someone who can create an air of mystery, someone who makes us want to suspend belief and just listen to the show.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-12-2019 01:18 PM

kbot wrote: ↑02-12-2019 12:05 PM
SecretWindows wrote: ↑02-11-2019 05:07 PM
If only that were the case SW.

I had hopes for John B Wells, but he's off on a politically-oriented show, something Art hated. George Knapp is another favorite (for me at least) but he has an established gig already.

IMHO, there's too much involvement with the terrestrial radio stations now with the various owners - Clear Channel, i Heart Radio, et all for someone in the mold of Art to develop. TPTB would squash someone like that unless they towed the company line......

Art was a good teacher, he tought most of us how to jiggle our minds and open them up to all the Possibilities of the Cosmos. And like most teachers,, and schools , that time passes, the student graduates, and goes on to continue seeking in their own way, with their own thoughts. If you are still trying to find another leader to Tell you what to think and believe in, you have no substance ,no convictions and I doubt you ever will, the training wheels have been removed and you have been on your own, for quite sometime. And still refuse to look at what YOU think, and believe in. So keep looking for the teacher, and miss out on what is right in front of you. Can't seem to make it without "Group Think". SAD.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

SecretWindows
Pirate

Post by SecretWindows » 02-13-2019 09:33 AM

Doka wrote: ↑02-12-2019 01:18 PM
Art was a good teacher, he tought most of us how to jiggle our minds and open them up to all the Possibilities of the Cosmos. And like most teachers,, and schools , that time passes, the student graduates, and goes on to continue seeking in their own way, with their own thoughts. If you are still trying to find another leader to Tell you what to think and believe in, you have no substance ,no convictions and I doubt you ever will, the training wheels have been removed and you have been on your own, for quite sometime. And still refuse to look at what YOU think, and believe in. So keep looking for the teacher, and miss out on what is right in front of you. Can't seem to make it without "Group Think". SAD.
Wow... you really seem to have some low self-esteem issues there, Doka.

When people desire to have somebody at the level of an Art Bell (an entertainer, not a teacher) to restore nighttime radio back to its former glorious self...and yet you decide it must be someone who can't operate without "Group Think" that in itself labels you an idiot, in my eyes.

I was mentored by Art, had many private conversations with him through the years... and even managed to have 250,000 listeners for my own former show. Art Bell was an entertainer. He was never an educator. He would have some choice words for you if you called him that on air or privately.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-13-2019 12:31 PM

I was mentored by Art, had many private conversations with him through the years... and even managed to have 250,000 listeners for my own former show. Art Bell was an entertainer. He was never an educator. He would have some choice words for you if you called him that on air or privately.
And so you "learned" nothing? Hard to do, but apparently it gives you much pride, that it was so.
KARMA RULES

Riddick
Pirate

Afloat But NOT Adrift

Post by Riddick » 02-14-2019 02:03 AM

Would you believe "mentor" is a synonym for "educator" (and vice-versa)? Just sayin'

Anahoo, insofar Art's left this earthly plane that doesn't mean we're without Art. Some of the life he put into its sails back when, is stored in the FF's battery backup. Plus there's the re-charge from the Somewhere In Time replays and my "Blue Light Special" shows from 2007, beyond those there's hundreds & hundreds more

Noory may be the quintessential "No Bell" prize winner, yet so long as there's classic Art to listen to, we have Fan The Man in command, and there's dedicated pirates posting here I'd say we're good right where we are. 'Course, ever comes a voice in the night on a par with Art the ship can set sail to? Hey, Anchors Aweigh!!
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to β€œFF IT Tech”