A Few Thoughts

Moderator: Super Moderators

Art Bell
The East

A Few Thoughts

Post by Art Bell » 08-14-2004 04:29 AM

Hi folk's,
I do not post very often, however I wanted to say again that I feel the use of mass mind influence is a very bad idea. The reason stated again is simple, I believe it is real and we do not yet understand it. Playing with a force we do not understand can have unintended results no matter the best intent.

After doing interview after interview with those who are doing the leading work in
this area and getting the same caution
from them I feel we would be well served by listening to the experts.

Otherwise, just wanted to take a moment to say hi to all my friends here
on the forum.

Art

racehorse
Pirate

Re: A Few Thoughts

Post by racehorse » 08-14-2004 04:54 AM

Art Bell wrote: Hi folk's,
I do not post very often, however I wanted to say again that I feel the use of mass mind influence is a very bad idea. The reason stated again is simple, I believe it is real and we do not yet understand it. Playing with a force we do not understand can have unintended results no matter the best intent.

After doing interview after interview with those who are doing the leading work in

on the forum.

Art

Hello Art,:)

Thanks for posting once again. I appreciate the wonderful job that you perform for all of us very much. You always provide us with much to consider and we value your insights and advice.

I wish you and Ramona, the very best.
Last edited by racehorse on 08-14-2004 04:57 AM, edited 1 time in total.
racehorse

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 08-14-2004 04:54 AM

Hi Art! It's been a long time since your last post here. Don't be such a stranger to us fellow pirates of the night.

I'm intrigued about your thoughts on mass mind influence. So mass prayer would be the same? For instance if a billion Muslims pray for America to die or whatever then we have problems? Or are you saying that if we attempt something similar it could backfire? I'd love for you to elaborate here...or on the air.

It's great to hear from you here for any reason...and in my room too! :D

Crow T. Robot
Pirate

Post by Crow T. Robot » 08-14-2004 05:18 AM

Hey Art.
Yup. I think your right about mass mind influence....and Dale brings up a good (and frightening) point.
Will be listening from the cyber Kingdom of Nye. ;)

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 08-14-2004 05:24 AM

Woohooo, a new message from Art.

I'm not sure what type of unintended consequences could come from a mass mind influence, so hope you, Art, will continue this conversation (or someone else who understand what these unintended consequences would be ... feel free to brighten me up on the subject ...) :)

Great to hear from you, Art. Much love to you and Ramona and the feline inhabitants-o-your-world.

:cool:

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 08-14-2004 05:38 AM

Art, you will never know how much I appreciate your post on this topic tonight. You figured, and you figured correctly that there would be an attempt to use mass mind influence by the folks on this forum, due to the Florida hurricane.

Thank you for your support. My thinking in this matter parallels your's, and that puts me at odds with many here. I understand the strong desire of people to want to help their fellow human beings. I feel the same way.

However, it is my belief that tampering with things that I do not fully understand, could have untoward consequences. These consequences could, be worse than the initial 'problem'. Therefore, I do not engage in extra efforts to change the naturally occurring events of this planet.

Hi back and thanks for stopping by!

Sandy (mudwoman)
Last edited by mudwoman on 08-14-2004 06:05 AM, edited 1 time in total.

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 08-14-2004 05:52 AM

Hey folks, this stuff works! If we were able to foresee all the ramifications of the 'success' of our efforts, we could use it safely. But we cannot know all the permutations of our actions in this regard. If we use mass mind influence in an effort to ameliorate the effects of a drought we could cause flooding. Disastrous and deadly flooding.
Last edited by mudwoman on 08-14-2004 05:54 AM, edited 1 time in total.

pyrite
Pirate

Post by pyrite » 08-14-2004 06:00 AM

in my opinion its probably best to make some kind of statement before any mass consciousness attempts....something like..."may the perfect will of the universe be fufilled,...and then seek wisdom so that individuals may respond to the situation according to the movement of the spirit within themselves...."

...i am not too happy with bending the will of nature at all,.......i would prefer to just ask for wisdom to take the appropriate action in any situation......
:confused:

revisedcode
DREAD PIRATE

Living Dangerously

Post by revisedcode » 08-14-2004 06:36 AM

Hey I dig the mind experiments.

Like the idea, but I dont think we shall have public science dealing with the POWER of DA Force so to speak...
So far as I can tell its intangible, yet very real and powerful.

NEW AGE BUDDY BABIES...

MIND LINK ACTIVE.
Target Locked
BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

hehe

btw Art I got your email late, I see you retrieved your PW.

I did change it, shrug. [..email]

Revisedcode
In war there is but one favorable moment; the great art is to seize it!

Bonaparte

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 08-14-2004 07:03 AM

Hi Art thank for finding time in your busy schedule to post on here it’s always good to hear from you. Just to let you know you’re no stranger on this side of the ocean. And thanks for the advice.:)

tinn722
Pirate

Re: A Few Thoughts

Post by tinn722 » 08-14-2004 07:15 AM

Art Bell wrote: Hi folk's,

on the forum.

Art

Hi Art,
Yea, that is nothing to fool around with, unless it is done for good purposes, that is like prayer, when you talk to a higher being that can control that sort of thing, this thing George is trying to do without devine help is dangerous, he might as well be working with an auiga board,
Mass conscienceness directed in the Hands of God is the only power that is effective for the common good.
What is Richard C. Hoagland trying to do to you? He seems to be always in for the dramatics or something, I'd hate to see what kind of skeletions are in his closet.
Be hearin' ya.

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 08-14-2004 07:29 AM

QUOTE\"I'd hate to see what kind of skeletions are in his closet."

Oh boy let's not go there, very funny comment :D :D :D

CaptKundalini
Pirate

Post by CaptKundalini » 08-14-2004 08:37 AM

Hi Art,

What a pleasant surprise to see you posting in the Forum with the rest of us pirates. :) I agree with what you have sad on this topic. Your insight does you credit. We have no idea what the human consciousness is yet capable of doing, especially since we use only about 10% of our brains. Even if we did have the knowledge and the ability to use more, I don't think that we are advanced enough yet as a species to be able to handle that kind of power. The results might be disasterous.

Post by Guest » 08-14-2004 08:48 AM

You’re well loved in the troposphere too, shame I cant get through when I’m literally “Somewhere out there...”

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 08-14-2004 08:54 AM

Hello Art and my fellow pirates all is calm in Florida now and I posted this in another thread and thought I would share it here.
Well everyone everything is calm here and the sun is shining I now have had time to really read these posts instead of glancing at them.

I listened to the show when Charley was just a Cat 1 and George asked everyone to concentrate on it, just last night (after the storm) and I thought what IF this really had an effect on the storms strength. They had no idea he would get this strong, it was yesterday morning on the news that they were still saying he would be a Cat 2 when he made landfall. They had no idea the strength that he would gain and no idea that he would ever turn into a Cat 4.

I know everyone here would have never wished anyone harm, however I do believe throwing out a mass message to a radio audience is not a wise idea. George has no idea of the intentions of all involved in this message and I find it irresponsible of him. This is not something to be played with on the scale that he did.

Sandy, I didn't know why you were upset until now. Please do not feel badly for holding strong to your convictions and your beliefs. This is one of the things that I admire of you!! I know that in your heart and thoughts you wished that we stay safe and that to me is all that matters.

For all of you that wished us in Florida well, thank you. It was comforting and reassuring. ;)

Much love to you all :)

PS...I will not feel completely better until SB2 is back on ship.
Last edited by SETIsLady on 08-14-2004 09:04 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Art Bell Archive”