A Few Thoughts

Moderator: Super Moderators

MACchine

Post by MACchine » 09-19-2004 03:05 PM

MACchine wrote: Edit - removed IMG tags in quote. No need to post same image twice. MACchine, please post on topic and DO NOT DIS THE MODS. -Dale

WHO dised the MODS ???

CaptKundalini was off topic way before I was why are YOU correcting ME ???

CaptKundalini
Pirate

Post by CaptKundalini » 09-19-2004 05:04 PM

Nothing wrong with a little comic relief. :)

tansi
Pirate

Post by tansi » 09-19-2004 10:05 PM

If we cannot even agree to disagree with some modicum of respect in a theoretical discussion of these ideas, absolute chaos could be the only possible outcome of an experiment on this scale. The angry outbursts only help make my point that much stronger.

Where we agree is that this concept needs exploration and study. But not on a global scale, and not in an area vibrating with so much emotion. Certainly not with a group of several million untrained minds, with some of them mired in emotional reactivity.
Last edited by tansi on 09-19-2004 10:24 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 09-20-2004 06:08 AM

Hey! Must listen to waspleg. Hasn't missed a show in FOUR years!
;)
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

CaptKundalini
Pirate

Post by CaptKundalini » 09-20-2004 07:40 AM

waspleg? Whos' that?

MACchine

Post by MACchine » 09-20-2004 12:06 PM

tansi wrote: If we cannot even agree to disagree with some modicum of respect in a theoretical discussion of these ideas, absolute chaos could be the only possible outcome of an experiment on this scale. The angry outbursts only help make my point that much stronger.

Where we agree is that this concept needs exploration and study. But not on a global scale, and not in an area vibrating with so much emotion. Certainly not with a group of several million untrained minds, with some of them mired in emotional reactivity.

Now agreement is required !!!

Luckly science is not held back by every negative comment gossip can come up with, and Art knows how to do science doesn't he.

You have simply struck on the one rule that makes gossip worthless, IF ONE PERSON DOESN'T AGREE THEN EVERYONE IS WRONG.

Now it is CLEAR that we MUST DO THIS if only to disprove it and take one more silly weapon of gossip out of the hands of YOU hyperdymentionally bent seriously narrow minded people !!!

I want to do a survey, HOW MANY PEOPLE OUT THERE ACTUALLY THINK THEY CAN MAKDE MONEY OFF OF THIS, protecting people from bad vibes.

Its good money as long as ART insists that it works and it remains unproven, little old ladies will be SOOOO afraid !!!

shecoda
Pirate

Post by shecoda » 09-20-2004 11:58 PM

I want to do a survey, HOW MANY PEOPLE OUT THERE ACTUALLY THINK THEY CAN MAKDE MONEY OFF OF THIS, protecting people from bad vibes.
Interestingly enough about ten years ago Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, the Trancendental Meditation founder, offered to reduce or even eliminate crime in the city of San Diego. He said he would place people trained in the art of crime reduction through meditation in various places around San Diego. There were to be enough trained meditators that they would be on the "job" around the clock. He guaranteed that the crime rate would drop dramatically and perhaps disappear. And for this service he only wanted $10 Million to help defray the costs of paying for the people who would be stationed in the city-cost of living expenses you understand. San Diego declined.

I personally have always wondered what would have happened if San Diego had taken him up on it. It does seem like a stiff price for an unproven technique though.

tansi
Pirate

Post by tansi » 09-21-2004 01:10 AM

The only relevant argument here is whether an exercise of focused intent delivered through several million untrained minds can be 1) safe and 2) effective. The evidence suggests otherwise.

Religious preachments, angry personal attacks and insulting innuendo are not evidence that such an experiment could be either safe and effective - they are their own best rebuttal, an admission that their proponents have run out of reasonable arguments.

We do desperately need love-based spiritual and political leadership in the world today. We do need to explore the boundaries of the mind. How anyone could believe that the noble ideals expoused here can possibly be accomplished with tactics of rage and insults is beyond my ability to fathom.

MACchine

Post by MACchine » 09-21-2004 02:53 PM

tansi wrote: The only relevant argument here is whether an exercise of focused intent delivered through several million untrained minds can be 1) safe and 2) effective. The evidence suggests otherwise.

Religious preachments, angry personal attacks and insulting innuendo are not evidence that such an experiment could be either safe and effective - they are their own best rebuttal, an admission that their proponents have run out of reasonable arguments.

We do desperately need love-based spiritual and political leadership in the world today. We do need to explore the boundaries of the mind. How anyone could believe that the noble ideals expoused here can possibly be accomplished with tactics of rage and insults is beyond my ability to fathom.

YOU must be in the wrong thread I have NOT seen any of the things that you are complaining about here.
Last edited by MACchine on 09-21-2004 03:12 PM, edited 1 time in total.

tansi
Pirate

Post by tansi » 09-22-2004 01:20 AM

Sigh ... :rolleyes:

I'm not at all surprised you say you don't see it. But I would not interpret the attitudes belied by such insults as "hyperdymentionally bent seriously narrow minded ... " as particularly love-based. I would only use such hurtful language if I were outraged and frustrated, if my intent were to cause hurt. I'm not suggesting I have never done that (being human, yes I have, and I do regret it) ... but these emotions are counter-productive to positive and healing intent.

The Oracle at Delphi said: "Know thyself". In order to have effect with intent (or "prayer" - it is all the same thing), we have to know ourselves first. When my mother's intent was to enforce her desire for a change that was not in harmony with my will, she ended up causing pain and fear rather than a re-conversion. She was quite distressed and surprised to discover that God doesn't filter that stuff out (something to be mindful of whenever we pray). I have posted other examples of that effect ... I am sure if we all look back we can find other examples.

A safer and potentially effective way to approach this kind of experiment might be to suggest that everyone pray for "peace, love, and healing for the highest good of all concerned" (meaning the whole world, not just the USA) ... without attachment to the outcome. Even that might be risky in such a large group ... since it is clear so many are directed by their fears, angers and attachment to their preferred outcome ... But the risks would be lowered if at least it were approached along with teaching some basic grounding and psychic protection techniques.

Again, you are right that the potential benefit could be incalculable. All I have said here is "Let's not get the cart ahead of the horse." If we would want such an experiment to be both safe and successful, and we do agree on that much ... let's at least explore the pros and cons in a calm and mutually respectful manner before we leap naked, head on, into a storm, to try to stop it with the powers of our minds.

A comedian once said he saw a news story about a man who was intending to prove his machismo by strapping himself to a tree in the face of a hurricane. His comment was "Lemme tell you somethin'. It's not that the wind is blowin' ... it's what the wind is blowin' ... If you get hit with a Volvo at 120 miles per hour, it don't really matter how many situps you done that mornin'."

You are looking at the wind.

Art was worried about what may be in the wind. He's got good reason to be.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Re: A Few Thoughts

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 09-26-2004 10:35 AM

Art Bell wrote: Hi folk's,
I do not post very often, however I wanted to say again that I feel the use of mass mind influence is a very bad idea. The reason stated again is simple, I believe it is real and we do not yet understand it. Playing with a force we do not understand can have unintended results no matter the best intent.

After doing interview after interview with those who are doing the leading work in
this area and getting the same caution
from them I feel we would be well served by listening to the experts....
Art

Hi Art!!

Great show last night! I remain your second-greatest fan in you-know-where! ;)

So glad you've posted about this topic.
(As George Harrison said in Yellow Submarine: "It's all in the mind, ya know.")

There's a big difference between that sort of thing and prayer. What we can manifest in our MINDS has human intention behind it, legs, if you will, and mostly selfish with that Adam & Eve factor built in which is, "Aw, nothing's gonna happen; just watch and see." PRAYER, on the other hand, is filtered through God, and He'll do with it what He will, but He DOES listen, I believe. If it manifests, it will do so for the good of all for the long run, no matter how we view it's results in the Now.

I don't believe God ever honors selfish or evil-intentioned PRAYER, but I think God will ALLOW mass mind influence because it's a real force. He can stop it, certainly, but what if He chooses NOT to? Then we're in a heap of s**t. We reap what we sow, even when we don't do the actual sowing. Art is trying to intercept that "sowing" process and offering a warning to those who would tamper with the Unknown.

There's also a great deal of power in the thoughts and WORDS of a SINGLE mind...sending out thoughts on the Big Transmitter, as Jeffy says. Be careful what you think; be careful what you speak. Everything has a vibe....

Just my thoughts....

HJ
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

MACchine

Post by MACchine » 09-26-2004 02:47 PM

How is this force different from a physical force ???? Used intelligently it should be a force for good.

Sean D Morton acted as though it was STRANGE to think that negative consequences would always be the result.

OH karma people always say KARMA well karma is a failed concept simply because we are not perfect beings so our judgment of what OUR karma will be is equally flawed.

ONLY GOD CAN DETERMINE WHAT KARMA IS OR WHAT IT SHOULD BE !!!

Failure to take advantage of opportunities and those karmic effects is the thing fans of karma ALWAYS IGNORE.

metfreighter
Pirate

Good evening astral world...

Post by metfreighter » 10-31-2004 09:28 PM

:D

Yep. Thanks Art. Given that we quite possibly do not really understand our selves secrets yet, tapping into the finite and infinite forces and energies available in the totality of our vast universe might not be too hot an idea. Agreed.

Anyone reading this who feels she or he might have it totally together already thus percieving me as being presumptuous in my above remark... My humble apologies. :eek:
William

Gotrox
Pirate

Post by Gotrox » 10-31-2004 10:05 PM

no---we are not advanced enough to use this fledgeling power we all know exists-----even something apparantly as benign as " lets all concentrate on peace" Or " healing for everyone"

What if the universe sees a peaceful world as one with no humans on it?

What if healing is seen by the great outside as only possible when not in a physical body?

Ask and you shall recieve----but it probably won't be what you expect.

GALACTICA2012
Pirate

About **MASS **MIND INFLUENCE**

Post by GALACTICA2012 » 01-12-2005 06:54 PM

I am surely a little late *Art* to give my opinion on that mysterious subject. (MASS MIND INFLUENCE)

But **Art** We the 3 millions+ listeners pray, pray to get you back as a Host on your show. Finally we pray also to heal your **Back** also to save (Richard's life in danger !!!. Also
Mrs Strieber ...!!!)

You see Art ..It can be use by general, and simple people all
around the Globe.like me...us... your friends . But in ONE way
only """" To Ask for GOOD things""""" . Don't denied it !! Its working ..... but we have to be carefull !!!!

Long Life to you and all the family (Including the cats)
*J*:-)

Edit - moved to topic area. -Dale

Return to “Art Bell Archive”