Moderator: Super Moderators

bishoplaud
Pirate

Post by bishoplaud » 04-24-2006 09:12 AM

Safe trip Art--take care!

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 04-24-2006 09:34 AM

This is a moving and beautifully written peice, which indeed brought tears to my eyes. I hope I may respectfully disagree that anyone wishes you unhappiness, Mr. Bell. In fact, it might be worth quietly noting that some of us feel a sense of mourning ourselves. Hence, some of the reaction that you've seen. Done.

There is not a soul -- certainly on this Forum and I suspect most everywhere -- that wishes you anything other than lasting happiness and peace. And may I take this opportunity to thank you for everything you've done for me and my life.

God Bless, and God Speed to you, Art Bell.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Cpt Spike Mike
Joint Chief

Post by Cpt Spike Mike » 04-24-2006 09:54 AM

Debcat
Pirate

Post by Debcat » 04-24-2006 10:09 AM

I think the only real mistake that can be made in life is to to remain frozen.... to chose paralysis and soul-death over life and growth and change. I know cos I've made that mistake... but have never ever regretted following my heart to wherever it might take me. Even if it doesnt turn out exactly like you think it will, at least you're living and experiencing. And I dont think love-- in any of its various guises - can ever be a mistake.

I understand completely what you write too about other cultures... some people in different parts of the world do marry young... rather than flitting around from bed to bed without committment or meaning well into our 30s or 40s as we do here in the good ole USA... Not saying one or the other is better or worse... just that there are different ways of loving and are no less valid just cos they're different from our ways.

Anyway I wish you well Mr & Mrs Bell-- live long and prosper

pattycake123
Pirate

A long-distance date, huh?

Post by pattycake123 » 04-24-2006 10:09 AM

Dear Art,

Having wondered if you were experiencing the "mid-life crazies"....your posts here in the Fantastic Forum, put all my ideas of such...to rest. Hearing from YOU put all doubts and questions down the tube !!!

You are extremely considerate of your fans...they, we love you !
We love your velvet voice...We love your programs....We love your quick wit....We love your sincerity....We love to love you !

Thank you, Art, for sharing with us your new life....so glad you burst forth from the dark cacoon, into a butterfly that migrated all the way to the Philippines....mating with another beautiful creature !

We loved Ramona, too....she has migrated to a beautiful place of peace and tranquility. Her love for you would want you to be happy and fulfilled.

You are so right ! Life is just a vapor....

Thank you, Art...thank you for allowing all the critics (myself, included) to be put to rest.

Have a good trip...enjoy your life with Airyn....enjoy their culture.

Will await your programs with baited-breath,

pattycake123

racehorse
Pirate

Best Wishes, Art and Airyn!

Post by racehorse » 04-24-2006 10:33 AM

Thank You, Art! :)

Best Wishes and Blessings to You and Airyn Always! :)
racehorse

snowbird
Pirate

Post by snowbird » 04-24-2006 10:43 AM

Art, thanks so much for taking the time to write. It's certainly been a rough haul for you lately but I'm wishing you the best... relocate, recoup and return to the airwaves in good health and happy mind.

I'm looking forward to hearing stories about the sights & sounds of Manilla and the trials & tribulations of broadcasting from "way out there". Hope it's an easy ride for you.

snowbird

Bellisima
Pirate

Post by Bellisima » 04-24-2006 10:52 AM

Art, you're Still The One and, no matter where your magical voice comes from, I'll be listening.

I have already welcomed Airyn to "Art's Fantastic Forum Family" in another thread. That welcome is repeated here.

I wish both of you great happiness, good health, long life and smooth sailing.

Thanks, Art, for all the past rides, for all those rides to come and for taking the time to speak to us here. Thank you for choosing LIFE. :)
ImageA silent mouth is sweet to hear.
Irish saying

Pattie66215
Pirate

Post by Pattie66215 » 04-24-2006 10:59 AM

Art,

Speaking for myself, I was not so upset about the marriage as I was about you leaving the U.S. If you were bringing her to Phrump, I don't think there would have been near the controversy. There was just this comfort that you were there in the desert keeping watch near Area 51. It was just magical. We are all very afraid of losing you forever. I don't know if you realize how much you are loved and how your fans only want happiness for you as you have brought us so much happiness over the years.

Anyway, Art, go in peace, know you are loved and always will be, and please don't leave us forever.

Pattie66215
Pattie

Harmoniman
Pirate

Re: From Art Bell

Post by Harmoniman » 04-24-2006 11:08 AM

Art Bell wrote: From the High desert......

As most of you know I lost my dear Wife of almost 16 Years on Jan 5. Shortly after
that almost like a Miracle I began hearing from a dear young lady in the Philippines named Airyn...
Art Bell

Art, do you think that this magical transformation of your life could have been the result of an unintentional mass mind experiment as most of us listeners were praying for your well being and Ramona's safe passage to another realm ?
Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment
they start waving guns about? Doctor Who

WestBorder
Pirate

Post by WestBorder » 04-24-2006 11:21 AM

Art,

Many thanks for the good words! You owe us no explanation, although it's greatly appreciated. I admire what you are doing, I think it will be a great adventure for you and Airyn, and personally I am happy for you that you can now return to the Eastern part of our planet that you love so much.

No one should be alone, and although I only know about Airyn from what you've told us, I sense (and predict) that she will be a great blessing and a help to you all the days of your life. I, too, welcomed Airyn to this crazy, virtual family in another thread, and hope she feels welcomed and loved as the weeks and months progress.

It doesn't matter where you broadcast from Art - we just look forward to the ride every time!!!!!!!

Peace and joy in your journey!

WestBorder
Anchors Aweigh!

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 04-24-2006 11:27 AM

Pretty much as I thought, Art -- after the initial shock wore off anyway. Though I'm a little on the skeptical side and not a 'blind supporter' or 'fanboy', I support you in this, especially after coming here now with an honest, heartfelt message. That is very much appreciated by this pirate and I'm sure the majority of us here.

And thanks also for being so kind as to post these words on this Fantastic little board. :cool:

Looking forward to your NEW show coming from across the globe. May your technical difficulties be small and easily remedied.

Good luck on your paradise island, love-nest, radio adventure Art & Airyn Bell! Congratulations!

Damn! You do look happy! :D
Last edited by Dale O Sea on 04-24-2006 01:25 PM, edited 1 time in total.
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Patty
Pirate

Re: From Art Bell

Post by Patty » 04-24-2006 11:46 AM

Art Bell wrote: From the High desert......

To those who understand, I thank you. To those who do not, I hope you never face such a choice. My only advice to you all is remember....life is short.

Art Bell
AMEN ! Thank you Art.:)
Last edited by Patty on 04-24-2006 11:48 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Patty
Pirate

Post by Patty » 04-24-2006 11:50 AM

Shirleypal wrote: Thanks so much Art, your fans do not need an explanation. Wish you all the best.
Well said, Shirley:)

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 04-24-2006 12:30 PM

Well said Art. I agree.

I think many of the people here that didn't like the idea, were just worried you made the decision in haste, while still in an emotional state.

Clearly, you thought this through (as always) :) and you chose the positive.

I'm happy that you are happy!!

BTW, that plasma TV you have is a NICE one. I am in Florida, but you said pick up only :(. I know plasmas don't travel well...

Be careful down there man. I'm sure you read up on all the stuff going on there, know where the bad places are, and stay away lol!

Here's to hearing ya from the Great Island Chain in the pacific!
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

Return to “Art Bell Archive”