From Art Bell

Moderator: Super Moderators

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 04-24-2006 12:52 PM

Best wishes for happiness, Art. You're right. Truth is the best principle., and life is short. Enjoy it while you can.:)
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

Harmoniman
Pirate

Post by Harmoniman » 04-24-2006 01:25 PM

Harmonimans' select bumper- Get it while you can- Janis joplin
Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment
they start waving guns about? Doctor Who

Alien-BC
Pirate

Post by Alien-BC » 04-24-2006 01:58 PM

Good health Art. I know long plane journeys are hard on our old bodies my advice is to try sleep your way across.

nitenative
Pirate

Post by nitenative » 04-24-2006 03:05 PM

Thank you, Art....

Your soul has its own path.

In Light and Love, I bow.

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 04-24-2006 03:10 PM

Love to you Art... wishing you and Airyn the best. I will be anxiously awaiting your initial broadcast from the Philippines....

IvyQ

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 04-24-2006 05:01 PM

Art my truth to you.

Art you and I are the same age. Not a long time to go, unless it's in your genes.

I was concerned at the quickness of your decision. So quickly after losing Ramona. They say not to make decisions for at least six months to a year after a shock like this. We are just getting used to Ramona being gone and wham you are off to The Philippines.

Your new wife is very young, the same age almost as my granddaughter. And yes I did not understand how you could do this so quckly and just leave everything behind. I wondered if you were still in shock.

You say it is because you do not want to be alone. That's a good reason because being alone is not fun when your used to having someone with you. And, I do not think Ramona wanted you to be alone. It was just the quickness and her age that threw me and many others off. We felt that perhaps you were doing this in haste.

You say you are not. I have to respect that and believe you. It is your life.

With that said..........I wish you the best.......and hope your life is filled with happiness.

Kathy/Sonora

P.S. How bout...........From the Desert of the Sea (thanks to Maggie)

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 04-24-2006 05:16 PM

Art,

Thank you so much for posting. We're selfish...we've been hurting for you, too, and have been worried about you, and just want you to take GOOD CARE of yourself -- mentally, spiritually, and physcially --wherever you choose to go, however you choose to live your life....

It's like we're going through all those stages of grief ourselves: anger, denial, etc. Could ya tell? ;)

We didn't/don't want you to be hurt again. Hope you understand our viewpoint, too, and I think you do, cause that's why you wrote!

Do what you have to do, and follow your heart, and we hope you'll keep broadcasting/Webcasting -- there's no one like you on the planet.

We do love you and want what's BEST for you!

HurricaneJoanie
Last edited by HurricaneJoanie on 04-24-2006 05:22 PM, edited 1 time in total.
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

suesuesbeo
Pirate

Post by suesuesbeo » 04-24-2006 08:07 PM

Art,

When I came here and saw your messages my heart actually lept for joy! It's good to hear from you, oh tired traveller.

Traveling is hard, and that goes for the soul's travels too. But love is like the sun, and the sun is light.

You have chosen light and I'm glad for you.

rev6 8
Pirate

Post by rev6 8 » 04-24-2006 08:08 PM

Art, speaking somewhat from experiance, I believe the choice you have made is the correct one and will bring you many more years of happiness. My grandfather also remarried a short time after the death of my grandmother and his life was richer and more fruitful for doing so. Enjoy the time that you have with your new wife and we'll be here when you get back with eager ears and open hearts and minds.;) :D
"I have never met nor heard of anyone who could outsmart the truth." A. Lincoln

angelgirl
Pirate

Post by angelgirl » 04-24-2006 09:09 PM

Art,

As someone who has been crippled by grief and learned to "walk" again, I wish you peace, healing, and much love.

Be well and centered, stay in touch, and take care of one another...life is, indeed, short.

angelgirl
A martini is not a drink; it's a potion.
--John Steinbeck

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 04-24-2006 10:00 PM

Art,

You were so thoughtful to have posted here. You really do not owe anyone here any explanation as to your choices. I have to say I admire your courage and conviction. And...beyond that, I pray you will have many years of love and happiness with your new bride. Can't wait to hear you from the PI. Hey how about having Airyn share a good lumpia recipe??

A devoted fan

Saharaka
Creature of the desert

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing plaid with stripes comes easy."

moonchild2
Pirate

Post by moonchild2 » 04-24-2006 10:12 PM

Remember Art that "Great men build monuments out of the rocks that critics have thrown at them"

God bless!

Crow T. Robot
Pirate

Post by Crow T. Robot » 04-24-2006 10:14 PM

Thank you Art.
Safe passage and Godspeed.

Crow

Fish
Pirate

Post by Fish » 04-24-2006 10:55 PM

Dear Art, again congrats on finding a very lovely lady to share your life with. I wish you every happiness. Just wanted to say a few words about our lives here as expats (foreigners living in the Philippines). We are lucky to live in such a wonderful place. In many respects we have a similar lifestyle to that of Honolulu or Miami - a very tropical environment where one can rest and take a nap under a palm tree while sipping a pina collada by the sea. As you were able to see when you were here, the people are gentle souls, friendly where besos (kissing everyone you meet) is the norm - so it's something you will have to get used to. What I love most about the Philippines is the fact that the people are always smiling and happy go lucky - and if you smile at someone, they will easily and quickly smile back at you. We have all the comforts life here - excellent restaurants, abundant food supplies, great hotels, beaches, health care and lots and lots of shopping malls as Filipinos love to shop!! You will hear music everywhere as Filipinos love to sing and so many of them excel in the entertainment industry in the Philippines and abroad. Your life here will be a comfortable, peaceful and happy one!! And even though some individuals posting at this forum have suggested that you will be in harm's way - let's just say that you are in greater danger living in some of the major cities of the USA than you are here. Welcome to the Philippines Art!!

Night_Voyager
Pirate

Post by Night_Voyager » 04-24-2006 11:01 PM

Art, words cannot express my sadness at your leaving the Kingdom and the U.S., but as you say, it is your life and you must follow your own destiny.

Looking forward, I eagerly anticipate your future broadcasts. Your wonderful voice booming across the airways has brought me happiness, laughter, and too often, tears. You make us think and you make us question. Coast will thrive as long as you are in the picture.

Godspeed, my dear friend. Many, many people love you.

Return to “Art Bell Archive”