Knowledge is a deadly friend
When no one sets the rules.
The fate of all mankind I see
Is in the hands of fools.

alfa119
Pirate

Post by alfa119 » 04-27-2006 10:44 PM

from the high desert and the great american southwest... :(

I guess we wont be hearing that anymore but in reruns..

Art, I wish you well, and all the best. I hope to hear you again on the air, and I hope to phone in one day, and just say hi..

I predicted you would write another book along the lines of the quickening... wish I could find that program...

and the last person on your website..

I have been listening since 95,

so......

From the high desert and the great canadian southwest, I say, good journey, and God Speed.

Alfa119

blackark
Pirate

Post by blackark » 04-28-2006 03:35 AM

What a great post Art,
You've answered to all the questions people were wondering about on the many posts that cropped up after your announcement.

I look forward to hearing more about what life is like over there after you get set up and start broadcasting again.

Those who would criticize you are really happy for you and support you, they just don't realize it yet, thats all.

I remember the days when you used to tell us about your travels around the world, and the many cruises you used to take to exotic places, so I know you mean it when you say you are a risk taker and love to travel. I think it's great that you found what you were looking for halfway across the world.

And about getting the flu, I hadn't been sick in at least 5 years and I got sick twice in 2 months this year. It started with a sore throat and then 36 hours of fever and headache with some sinus (fluid behind the ear) then it started to go away. SO it may have been coming back to the states that caused you to get sick and not being on the plane, just a guess since I hardly ever get sick, it seemed like a new strain of flu that got me here in Cali.

Good luck in the new land, I look forward to hearing all about it along the ride.

thomas
Pirate

Post by thomas » 04-28-2006 07:05 PM

Art,

May you have a great adventure !

Thank you for your example of COURAGE !!!

Graphix Girl
Pirate

Post by Graphix Girl » 04-30-2006 12:34 AM

Art,

Thank you for the heartfelt note. I greatly respect you for having the courage to follow your heart. So many don't do that and live to regret it. I believe that you were led by your dear Ramona in the direction you are going. Peace, love and happiness to you and Airyn for the rest of your days together. God speed!

Lisa
Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine. -Robert C. Gallagher

boogbot
Pirate

Post by boogbot » 04-30-2006 12:50 PM

art,

i will miss having you in the states. you'll still do your show and all, but it will truly be different because now you will be broadcasting in the afternoon for your creatures of the night here in the u.s.!

but you are happy so i am happy. just like the first time i heard your show, i was very happy to have discovered you. the topics you have discussed have opened my mind to so many interesting things that we have in the universe, things that i would have never imagined possible without your help.

so thanks art, for everything. i really hope you come back even stronger with your new change in setting. the phillipines is a very interesting place with very spiritual people. heck, some of the craziest, spookiest ghost stories i have heard came from filipino friends that i have.

good luck with everything art! i think i can speak for the majority of those on this forum when i say that we will all truly miss you being in the states, and we sure love the heck out of you.

be safe and take care with your new wife and family!

-boog
Last edited by boogbot on 04-30-2006 12:53 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Titan
Pirate

Post by Titan » 05-01-2006 12:33 AM

Hello Art Good luck and Best wishes to you and Airyn.You will be missed greatly.I look forward to your return to the airwaves.

73 Stu
KD7VOK
"Midnite in the High Desert"

Clatu
Pirate

Post by Clatu » 05-04-2006 09:36 AM

Hello art.
Clatu

MeesterCranky
Pirate

RAMONA'S WORK WAS DONE?

Post by MeesterCranky » 05-28-2006 02:09 AM

This is addressed to Art specifically as well as FF members here. I don't know if anyone else said this (probably) but anyway here are my thoughts on Ramona's passing.

Art, when you and Ramona met, as I understand it, you were doing your old show out of Vegas - I used to DX you then from Los Angeles - and looking for something different to do with it. It was meeting her and starting Dreamland that lead you into your subject matter concerning the unknown, which became Coast to Coast.

Over the years, you expanded your horizons and ours with subject matter NO ONE else would touch. We learned of global warming among many other things from you. Your program brought many such subjects to the masses for the first time.

Ramona nurtured your talents and we all learned from that... because of the love she gave you and your audience in turn, the world is a different place!

Think of the impact you and Ramona had... because she loved you and wanted your program to succeed, MILLIONS of people are aware of the changing planet and the huge unexplored paranormal possibilities of EVP, etc. Think for a moment how many things are different now in the world, how consciousness has been raised, and why this was necessary.

And think of how her life indirectly impacted so many people... what a different place the world is, and how we are warned of the catastrophic possibilities ahead as well as the higher, spiritual side of life... and now that this has been accomplished, she has been taken home.

You and she started a process of discovery for a large part of the planet that can hardly even be summarized in a few paragraphs. I think what is clear now is, the world needed you to wake it up in time to see what was happening. You needed her to give you a reason and encouragement.

So she is gone and you are left with the material spoils of your success (meaningless really) and we are all richer for it too. We're awake now, Art, and if your success enables you to go to the other side of the world and enjoy your life with a woman who is not Ramona, I'm sure that's all part of the plan too. Think of it as a reward. I know you miss Ramona but her purpose was fulfilled. She'd probably be very happy to see you enjoying yourself and not in the least bit slighted that it was with another woman.

Thanks Art and Ramona, for trumpeting the word to the world from your desert outpost that reality is not as we saw it before your show.

Dale
KG6RPO
Torrance, CA
"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."
Voltaire

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 05-28-2006 03:08 AM

A beautiful tribute, Dale. Thank you. Very healing and thoughtful comments.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 05-28-2006 10:13 AM

Meester Cranky what a beautiful tribute to Art and Ramona, I can tell you wrote it with love. Thank you.

Shirley

Rebel Wine
Pirate

No double standard here

Post by Rebel Wine » 05-30-2006 09:50 AM

I would just like to say that if Art died and his wife (Ramona or Airyn) remarried within three months, I would be totally cool with that, and I'm sure Art and all the fantastic fans are with me on this.

Best wishes to the happy couple on the new journey!

Charlette
Pirate

Post by Charlette » 05-31-2006 04:00 AM

tiffany wrote: Can someone direct me to Carl's post.....thx.

Carl's website:
http://www.cwrnet.com/kb5fjx/links.htm

I believe Carl's links shows the resort where Art got married with the beautiful sunset.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 05-31-2006 07:28 PM

Thank you Charlette. Very interesting.;)

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 05-31-2006 07:40 PM

As I have said before, I personally have no problem with Art’s remarriage: after all, from what I can gather, he was an ideal husband to Ramona while she was alive. But my personal lack of a problem with Art’s remarriage does not change the nature of his difficulty. Many --- possibly most --- of his supporters do have a problem with it and are not going to forgive him for having done it. Art may know this fact, and it may well be the straw that breaks the camel’s back as far as his Coast-to-Coast broadcasting career may be concerned.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Return to “Art Bell Archive”