IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 06-12-2006 01:35 AM

thanks Art!

mrbud
Pirate

just curious

Post by mrbud » 06-12-2006 06:10 PM

and sorry if this has already been answered....but why does Mr Bell and Mr Noory post here all the time,and not at the Coast to Coast site where people there pay monthly? I must have missed something as it seems odd to me.Why pay for a forum when the subjects only post here where its free?

Shirleypal
Pirate

Re: just curious

Post by Shirleypal » 06-12-2006 06:28 PM

mrbud wrote: and sorry if this has already been answered....but why does Mr Bell and Mr Noory post here all the time,and not at the Coast to Coast site where people there pay monthly? I must have missed something as it seems odd to me.Why pay for a forum when the subjects only post here where its free?

Don't know why Noory posts here, but Art posts here because this is an Art Bell Forum and started for him almost six years. I am also a streamlink member so I can download Art's and Ian's shows but I don't use the message board. There are achieves that go way back when the board was started. The Coast website isn't Art's as you can probably tell, he had a wonderful site called artbell.com for years and shut down in January 2003, wish he would put it back up. Many members here have been listening to Art since the early nineties, I first heard him in 94 and became an instant fan.
Last edited by Shirleypal on 06-12-2006 06:33 PM, edited 1 time in total.

mrbud
Pirate

Post by mrbud » 06-12-2006 07:07 PM

I see,Thank you, Shirley

blackeyes
Pirate

Re: Re: just curious

Post by blackeyes » 06-12-2006 11:01 PM

Originally posted by Shirleypal
...he had a wonderful site called artbell.com for years and shut down in January 2003, wish he would put it back up.
I wish he would too. I liked that site. I remember it between Mike Siegel site and C2C with George Noory . I loved it the night all the numbers on his counter went 666. I find it hard to believe I can't find a single screen shot of Art's old website. A little help.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 06-12-2006 11:06 PM

Shirleypal wrote: Don't know why Noory posts here, but Art posts here because this is an Art Bell Forum and started for him almost six years. I am also a streamlink member so I can download Art's and Ian's shows but I don't use the message board. There are achieves that go way back when the board was started. The Coast website isn't Art's as you can probably tell, he had a wonderful site called artbell.com for years and shut down in January 2003, wish he would put it back up. Many members here have been listening to Art since the early nineties, I first heard him in 94 and became an instant fan.

And mrbud we are the Pirates of the night.;) oh oh and the afternoon soon to be:D

IvyQ
Pirate

Re: Re: Re: just curious

Post by IvyQ » 06-13-2006 07:38 AM

blackeyes wrote: I find it hard to believe I can't find a single screen shot of Art's old website. A little help.

Try this Archive site... you will find many screenshots of the former artbell.com website: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://artbell.com

Patty
Pirate

Re: just curious

Post by Patty » 06-13-2006 12:19 PM

mrbud wrote: and sorry if this has already been answered....but why does Mr Bell and Mr Noory post here all the time,and not at the Coast to Coast site where people there pay monthly? I must have missed something as it seems odd to me.Why pay for a forum when the subjects only post here where its free?
IMHO, Art is comfortable here. We started this forum so he would feel free to come in and talk with us and we could feel free to talk about the subjects we are all interested in and voice our opinions. Art used to surf the boards all over the net (which I imagine he still does) . It's just that he knows this is the place where he still has a "home base" so to speak, after so many years. Most of his loyal and trusting fans find this forum as comfortabe as does he. It's nice to be around old friends when things become difficult in the outside world, and it's GREAT to have them to talk to when you want to share your excitement in your life. This is just the best place to be, that's why he joined us in May 2000, and is still with us today. Same reason I and most other pirates are still here. ;) (Also, we have Linnea ! :D :D :D )

Clatu
Pirate

Post by Clatu » 06-13-2006 03:15 PM

Patty wrote: IMHO, Art is comfortable here. We started this forum so he would feel free to come in and talk with us and we could feel free to talk about the subjects we are all interested in and voice our opinions. Art used to surf the boards all over the net (which I imagine he still does) . It's just that he knows this is the place where he still has a "home base" so to speak, after so many years. Most of his loyal and trusting fans find this forum as comfortabe as does he. It's nice to be around old friends when things become difficult in the outside world, and it's GREAT to have them to talk to when you want to share your excitement in your life. This is just the best place to be, that's why he joined us in May 2000, and is still with us today. Same reason I and most other pirates are still here. ;) (Also, we have Linnea ! :D :D :D )

Patty, are you saying by chance that his most recent mega-posts are in the same as yesteryear, ie he posted a lot then?

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 06-13-2006 03:46 PM

Clatu what difference does it make, this was as stated as an Art Bell forum and still is, it has expanded because things have unfortunately changed at Coast. You obviously are not a long time listener. Art has never been a big poster, when he did the show full time he spent his time reading his guests books and doing research like any good host would do to prepare for the show and that is one of the reasons Art rules, and he has a memory like no other.

Patty
Pirate

Re: Re: Re: just curious

Post by Patty » 06-13-2006 04:19 PM

Clatu wrote: ________________________________

Patty, are you saying by chance that his most recent mega-posts are in the same as yesteryear, ie he posted a lot then?
No, Clatu, He READ and commented on his readings on the air once in awhile. Not just our forum, but others on the net also. Don't know if he still goes to other forums, but he probably does when he has the time, just like the rest of us.In the past he has replied a few times to people or started a thread when he wanted to. Just like any other person here. The reason , I think, for the "mega-posts" as you called them,are in response to his not being on the air to communicate with people. And also just because he feels comfortable here, as I said before. He did join the FF back in May 2000. Like Shirley just said, this forum was started for him. He knows he is always welcome here, he has been a member a long, long time.:) (Somehow this post feels like deja vu , sorry bout that guys!:D :D )
Last edited by Patty on 06-13-2006 05:40 PM, edited 1 time in total.

blackeyes
Pirate

Re: Re: Re: Re: just curious

Post by blackeyes » 06-13-2006 05:59 PM

IvyQ wrote: Try this Archive site... you will find many screenshots of the former artbell.com website: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://artbell.com
That's it. Never thought about keywording archive.

mrbud
Pirate

Post by mrbud » 06-13-2006 06:32 PM

Thank you for your info Shirley and Patty,But I guess I am still curious and wanted an answer (before I put out any $$ for another site) why he does not post at all to the Coast to Coast official site.Maybe this is not true,or I heard incorrectly,I was steered over here>NOT to the "official" Coast site.What is wrong or what happened on the Coast site that no one seems to post there,INCLUDING the reason for the site,namely Art and George.Maybe this is some old boring history,but I am old and boring and trying to catch up with all of you .It seems all the questions of my life are being addressed (occasionaly) by this interesting phenomenom called Coast to Coast.I feel sometimes like I am a freshman back at school:cool:

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 06-13-2006 06:40 PM

This is the happening site mrbud.....;)

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 06-13-2006 06:40 PM

mrbud Streamlink message board is not Art's board, it is Noory's and why he doesn't post there is beyond me, you should start a thread on Noory's deck and ask him, this isn't the thread to ask questions about Noory.

Return to “Art Bell Archive”