Further update

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 06-06-2006 03:44 PM

Cpt Spike Mike wrote: Great news about the kitties, Art. Hope they enjoy thier new home as much as you. :)

And I took 3O of my posts and added them to your count (don't worry, I've got plenty) and gave you a custom avatar. If, at any time, you would like it changed just kick me an e-mail. :cool:

What a great choice Mike, I believe it was one of Art's promo pictures he had done. Leave the cigarette, it is part of what Art was at the time.

VelvetMask
Pirate

Post by VelvetMask » 06-06-2006 03:49 PM

Great to hear you're doing so well, Art! Lucky you in the rainy season! It's been such a long dry spell here in NM, wish you could send some rain our way! Can't wait to hear all about the Philippines: lifestyle, geography, people, and why it's a great place to retire to. Best of luck to you and Airyn! :)

Cpt Spike Mike
Joint Chief

Post by Cpt Spike Mike » 06-06-2006 05:13 PM

Well, now I'm torn in two directions. On one hand there is the classic look of the Smoking Art photo - but on the other hand, Dale put in a lot of hard work on this one! :eek: :D

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 06-06-2006 05:14 PM

Hi Art,

I'm thrilled to read your good news!

Get well, good luck with the smoking, and I hope your dear kitties will be snuggling you soon.

We're eagerly awaiting your return to the airwaves.

Send us more pics, please. Image
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 06-06-2006 05:16 PM

Cpt Spike Mike wrote: Well, now I'm torn in two directions. On one hand there is the classic look of the Smoking Art photo - but on the other hand, Dale put in a lot of hard work on this one! :eek: :D
:D :D :D -- Cute, Dale! Our Dale is so talented.

I vote -- nah. People will make "sucker" jokes.

The picture you chose in the first place has always been my favorite pic of Art, Mike.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Fish
Pirate

Post by Fish » 06-06-2006 07:51 PM

Hi Art and Airyn, glad to hear your two cats will be joining you soon. I have 4 cats - they are all rescued - three are Filipino cats rescued as kittens and now thriving - and one is from Indonesia when I lived there. We have an excellent animal hospital in Makati - so you won't have a problem on that score if needed and there's kitty litter there too!! Also, cat food is available everywhere. Filipinos love their pets!! Cheers!!

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 06-06-2006 08:03 PM

Great news Art on the kitties..........and I know you can stop the smoking, I'm sure....look if you can go thru men in black at your door you can certainly stop smoking.:D

Let us know which night you might be calling in so I can listen.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 06-06-2006 08:05 PM

Oh and Spike you might want to change that above Art's avatar from Desert Pirate to ???

Art I hope you use what Maggie may have seen in her mind's eye as she said......"From the Desert of the Sea"...............;)

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 06-06-2006 08:45 PM

COOL, ART!

Just looking forward to that phone call -- an entire SHOW will be awesome!

Joanie
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 06-06-2006 08:49 PM

Cpt Spike Mike wrote: Well, now I'm torn in two directions. On one hand there is the classic look of the Smoking Art photo - but on the other hand, Dale put in a lot of hard work on this one! :eek: :D

I think that's kewl, Dale & Spikey...kinda like Art's looking into one of those Ramond Moody mirrors and seeing all sorts of bee-zarr things...the girl with kaleidoscope eyes....
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Cpt Spike Mike
Joint Chief

Post by Cpt Spike Mike » 06-06-2006 10:20 PM

"Oh and Spike you might want to change that above Art's avatar from Desert Pirate to ???"- tiffany
Damn, a Captain's work is never finished! :D

I took care of that, tiffany. And thank you Iris and Hurricane Joanie; I found the Art photo and the all-day sucker on Google images. Art's photo was easy but that was the only all-day sucker I could find. My, how times are changing.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 06-06-2006 10:54 PM

That is so kewl Mike, I know your work is never done and we pirates appreciate it, thanks.:)

Tinkerbell
Pirate

Post by Tinkerbell » 06-06-2006 11:44 PM

Hi Art,
Thank you so much for keeping us updated, its deeply appreciated. I'm so glad to hear about the kitties - especially the news that Yetti and Abby will be with you again soon. I bet you can hardly wait! It sounds like things are going good for you and Airyn, and its obvious from the updates you've posted that you are truely happy with your new life. That's wonderful!
Really looking forward to hearing you on the air again soon... you are REALLY missed by all of us.
Take Care,
Tinkerbell :)
Tinkerbell ^..^

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious
- Albert Einstein

dochayes
Pirate

Post by dochayes » 06-07-2006 12:54 AM

Art,

It is soooo good to hear from you! Glad you and Airyn are getting settled in.
I quit smoking about 30 years ago. It was difficult; no nicotine patches back then. The first few days are the hardest; just keep busy and moving; each day it gets better. I tried hypnosis and that helped. What I know about you, you may not be able to be hypnotized.
Wish me luck, I am taking my Ham Technician test this month. I hope to use the ticket to aid in hurricane communications; since I fly with an organization that performs search and rescue missions over the Gulf of Mexico. Hope you, Airyn, and the kitties are high and dry in Manila, come the typhoon season. I'll look for you on the Ham airwaves.
Let us know how you are doing; all of your listeners are waiting with baited breath for your return to Coast To Coast.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Re: Further update

Post by Dale O Sea » 06-07-2006 02:12 PM

Art Bell wrote: Today brought some news! first though many have asked about my cats. The wild one (comet) and Dusty were friends and were given great homes. Shadow was taken home by Carl my new brother in law and is doing fine. As for Yetti and Abby dos they are now waiting on the final paperwork from the Philippine Council in los Angeles and then will be on a plane headed this way. I really miss them.

The good news is that today I finally received the shipment of gear from my
company! However we are still fighting with PLDT the telephone company here to get the ISDN line in.

I got a call from the Network and I will
try and say a few words to you all by phone in the next few days.
- Art

Great news! Could be better..but pretty good. :cool:
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Return to “Art Bell Archive”