A New Update

Moderator: Super Moderators

Art Bell
The East

A New Update

Post by Art Bell » 06-26-2006 12:51 AM

Hi everyone,

These have been very frustrating times for all of you and Airyn and myself as well. As most of you know from listening we have not been able to establish a reliable connection using what is called a Comrex device on a normal phone line. The network made a correct decision in cutting off the show on Sunday a week ago, even though it was very frustrating for all concerned. We were having a average of 7 disconnects per hour.

We are working very hard to get a ISDN line here and should have it very soon. In every other way this is a wonderful place to live but nothing happens fast, everything requires a permit of some sort and we are moving through that process as fast as we can. Airyn is signing papers to get the line installed as I write this to you. We must have a DTI permit, a Mayor's certificate and assorted other permits including my work permit. All this is underway now.

As for our personal life all could not be better! We are very much in love and every day is a blessing. It took some time to establish my PRA status here in the Philippines so I do not have to renew a stupid Visa every 30 days or so. It took time to get the Condo and buy furniture and everything needed to live a comfortable life.

I know it is hard to ask for patience, but there is no choice. I am NOT a patient person. If somebody were to ask what the price of paradise is, my answer would be a permit!

My Marriage to Ramona could not have been better and the shock of losing her was so great that I was not going to last very long alone, I was wasting away and not eating. I was in such bad shape. There are not words to describe the lonely grief filled world I found myself in. Only those of you who have been through this can know. I have heard from many of you who have, who understand. For those who have not, I hope to God you never have to. Then came this Angel Airyn, nobody has a right to expect such a perfect love twice in their life but I seem to have found it and it has saved my life. The only regret I have is that one day she will have to go through what I did and for that I am truly sorry. I have tried to prepare her for that, but there is no real way. It feels selfish and is, however I had a choice to make, choose life and love or live what most surely would have been my last lonely grief filled days alone. I have no doubt in my mind that Ramona has guided me every moment through this probable last adventure in love and life.

My Cats, Abby Dos and Yetti will finally have, get this....First Class tickets on July first. I miss them so much. Even I only flew coach! I am told this way they do not have to fly in cargo, but instead will be taken care of by the stews.

I now have a cold! After the Flu, I had one month of good health now a cold! This is because in Nevada I stayed home most of the time and my immune system was not challenged, now I am exposed to everything in sight and I am convinced I will adjust and grow stronger as I fight the new bugs.

I have again rambled long enough. I have always been painfully honest with my listeners and will not stop now, so there you have it from Southeast Asia.

I want to thank Kraig Kitchin and everybody at the network who have been wonderful through this strange new adventure in my life, it really has been a strange wild ride.

Art Bell
Last edited by Art Bell on 06-26-2006 01:07 AM, edited 1 time in total.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 06-26-2006 12:58 AM

Hi Art, :)

Thanks very much for the update. I hope that you get to feeling better soon. I look forward very much to your return to "Coast". I wish you and Airyn the very best always. Please take care.
racehorse

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 06-26-2006 01:00 AM

Don't trip bro, us fans are behind you 100%.

It feels great knowing that you're happy again and in love.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. - Jack Handey

knightowl04
Pirate

Thanks for the post

Post by knightowl04 » 06-26-2006 01:03 AM

Hope you get to feeling better! You should think about posting a picture of the kitties once they arrive at the new digs :)

Always the best!

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 06-26-2006 01:04 AM

God bless you Art. I lost my husband who was much older than I after 33 wonderful years. Tell Airyn that as someone who has been through what she may have to go through, the experience of living with and loving someone from a different generation--what will be left when the other leaves, is a sense of great fulfillment and knowledge from having walked in two generations. Women like us are the truly lucky ones! What you will give her is a gift beyond words. She will grow with you, and you will learn from her. Treasure each moment. A thousand lifetimes can be lived in the time you will give her.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

docnaz
Pirate

Post by docnaz » 06-26-2006 01:17 AM

Great to hear from you Art!:D

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 06-26-2006 01:23 AM

Thanks so much for letting us know what is going on Art, very much appreciated. Sorry you are not feeling well. It is hard waiting but worth it, would love to have you back on air now. Sure know what you mean by no patience. Miss you guy. So glad to hear you and Airyn are so happy, you both deserve it. When you were on air the last few times you sounded so great, I heard the excitement you had in your voice like a few years back and looking forward to your return. Again take care.

Pegasuss
Pirate

Post by Pegasuss » 06-26-2006 01:25 AM

Your gracious compassion in comming back to the ship to check on, and inform your shipmates is a testament to your dedication to the listeners of your creation, Coast To Coast and, the many friends which you have here.

As far as technical and legal problems are concerned, don't sweat it. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is a unique radio connection. In New York City, you need a permit to build a dog house on your property. Bureaucrats are a global irritant. It will work out.

We will be here, hang loose in paradise. Take care of your health. God Bless Art.

Pegasus
Last edited by Pegasuss on 06-26-2006 01:45 AM, edited 1 time in total.
The Truth Is Out There

Barbie
Pirate

Happy to know you're still trying to reach us!

Post by Barbie » 06-26-2006 01:27 AM

Art,

Two things:

(1) Never forget that Airyn can never be Ramona, and always give her the respect she deserves for being with you now,

(2) Love does NOT depend upon anyone changing religion to conform to someone else's ideals.

Having said those things, I'll butt out and let you live your happy life.

Good luck!

moonchild2
Pirate

Post by moonchild2 » 06-26-2006 01:41 AM

Art, thanks for taking the time to update all of us. We appreciate this more than you know. It is so good to hear you happy again. In a way you sounded strong after you lost Ramona but it must have taken courage for you to get back on the air and try to carry on as normal given the pain that you must have been feeling. Take this time to adjust and enjoy your new life and love. How are you doing with the quitting smoking? Hope you feel better soon and can't wait for you to return to C2C.

PS - the board was pretty quiet tonight but that sure changed in a hurry after your post appeared.
Last edited by moonchild2 on 06-26-2006 01:50 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Spencer

Post by Spencer » 06-26-2006 02:01 AM

*moderator edit

Nice try....

That's about enough.

Linnea

Hiya Art and Airyn!

Post by Linnea » 06-26-2006 02:04 AM

Nice to hear from you. Hope things start to move along now, and you'll soon have the weekends hopping again! Looking forward to it.

Take care.

Diamondgirl
Pirate

Post by Diamondgirl » 06-26-2006 05:33 AM

You are worth the wait Art. I am glad to hear that everything is going well for you in your personal life.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 06-26-2006 05:46 AM

Thanks for the update Art. Wishing you much love and happiness :) And patiently await your return. And thank you for sharing with us, how your life is going.

law512
Pirate

Post by law512 » 06-26-2006 08:06 AM

Thanks for the update Art, I second a comment already on here saying that you are worth the wait. We wishyou and your wife much love and happiness. Take care.:)

Return to “Art Bell Archive”