Moderator: Super Moderators

Art Bell
The East

Yet Another Update!

Post by Art Bell » 07-07-2006 02:26 AM

Hi all!

The ISDN line is supposed to be here NEXT WEEK! Now bear in mind that is a
a statement from a Philippine telephone
company, however a lot of pressure has been applied in all the right places and I have paid a year in advance. So we are close.

My cats will finally be here on Monday!!!! I really miss them and boy will I be glad to see them. We have prepared the Condo for them in every way including a little swinging cat door to the Utility room where their cat box will be. we have food, yes you can get science diet here and cat beds and toys. we can even get proper clumping cat litter here.

As I write this we are feeling the effects of a typhoon with over 200 KMH winds, of course we are not getting that much wind here in Manila.

If I do not get on the air soon I will begin talking to myself. I was ready to do a show ON THE PHONE, but that is just not the proffessional way to do it.

Otherwise all is well indeed and I am getting bolder in my driving here. I will let you know the latest on the ISDN line the moment I know.

Art Bell

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 07-07-2006 02:35 AM

Thanks for the update, Art. :)

All of us are looking forward to your return to "Coast" at the earliest opportunity. I am happy you will soon be reunited with your beloved cats. I know that you miss them greatly. Please take care. My best to you and Airyn, as always.
racehorse

seattlegal
Pirate

Post by seattlegal » 07-07-2006 02:41 AM

Thanks for the update! I'm looking forward to the time when everything is ready and set to go!
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.
-- Yoda

Clatu
Pirate

Post by Clatu » 07-07-2006 03:08 AM

Hope all's well with you Art Bell. Hope your life in the Philippines is happy for you and your new Bride.

Scott

Tinkerbell
Pirate

Post by Tinkerbell » 07-07-2006 04:31 AM

Hi Art and Airyn!
Thank you for the update. Knowing the latest events and knowing you are happy and well, really makes the wait for your return alot easier.

I must add that the timings of your messages have been so perfect (for me), its almost eerie.

Tonight, after seeing the upcoming shows for this weekend on the Coast site, I climbed aboard to see what was going on here.
As I reached the deck, I was muttering some pretty colorful curses, in reaction to finding out you won't be on the air yet. I usually feel disappointed, but since the delays can't be helped, I just sigh and let it go. EVERY update has come at almost the exact moment I realize that my patience is really getting thin, whether it can be helped or not. Tonight the timing was especially good... I read your latest update just minutes after it was posted.

I hesitated on mentionong this, but decided to because it really has been the same with every single update you've been kind enough to post here. I am not trying to make a big deal out nothing, its just something that gets more interesting every time it happens and I thought I'd share it with you. Also because I, like you, do not believe in coincidences

Glad things are going well for you and Airyn and happy you and the kitties will be together again at last.

Take Care,
Wendie :D
Last edited by Tinkerbell on 07-07-2006 04:39 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Tinkerbell ^..^

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious
- Albert Einstein

Crow T. Robot
Pirate

Post by Crow T. Robot » 07-07-2006 04:35 AM

Thanks for the update Art.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Be sure to get some cam pix of the cats.

PS how's the quitting smoking thing going? I quit almost 4 years ago. If you use the patches be sure to take them off before you go to sleep.

boogbot
Pirate

Post by boogbot » 07-07-2006 05:08 AM

thanks art. and i'm wondering if you're enjoying lumpias over there.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 07-07-2006 06:00 AM

Art, stay safe with the weather there. My hubby and I are excited about hearing you again !! Glad to hear the kitties are joining you.

Thanks for taking the time to update us.

Take care of each other :)

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 07-07-2006 08:42 AM

Thank you... Thank you Art for the update! Things will go well, we will be hearing from you soon across the airwaves.... Yeah!!!!

Please keep us updated on the kitties return. You are definately in our hearts Art. Many of us are having withdrawal pangs too :)

Take care and keep the faith!!!

IvyQ

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 07-07-2006 08:55 AM

Crow T. Robot wrote: PS how's the quitting smoking thing going? I quit almost 4 years ago. If you use the patches be sure to take them off before you go to sleep.

Nightmares, I know.....

But sorry for everyone around me, to say, I am still smoking, but.... I smoke American Spirit... free of all the 500+ additives that companies normally put in cigarettes (rat poison and anti-freeze to name a couple). No more coughs or hacking for me... Just pure tobackie. Heck, my grandpa and grandma lived into their 90's smokin', it's just that in the last several decades big business wanted to try to get you to smoke more of their product and thus started putting chemicals into tobacco so they can burn faster and make you more dependent upon them. Oh well, enough said, I'm sure I infuriated a few here, but I enjoy my smokes.... And if you smoke, smoke the safest.
Last edited by IvyQ on 07-07-2006 09:06 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 07-07-2006 09:53 AM

Glad to hear all is well, Art. Hello to Airyn. Will send a mind blast to keep the kitties safe on their journey. As Crow said, hope you will get some homecoming pics of them on the web cam.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-07-2006 10:02 AM

Good to hear hear from you Art, now we need to hear the voice and hope it will be next weekend. Stay well and safe, kitties too. The airwaves await you.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 07-07-2006 10:54 AM

Good to hear Art. :cool: Our ears are just as lost as your voice is, if that makes any sense. I bet that ISDN starts working the same week you join the church. From what I hear, they run the show (not yours of course). :D

moonchild2
Pirate

Post by moonchild2 » 07-07-2006 11:15 AM

Hi Art, good to hear from you and pleased to know the kitties will be with you soon. We know you are doing your best to get back to us on the air. The fact that you take the time to update us (and many wouldn't) is a clear demonstration of your thoughfulness and professionalism and that's why you have soooo many loyal fans. Hope to hear you back soon!

WestBorder
Pirate

Post by WestBorder » 07-07-2006 11:48 AM

Hi Art and Airyn,

Thanks for the good news on the ISDN line, the cats and all. Sounds like everything is coming into place. The wheels of the Philippine government grind slowly, but they DO grind. :D

Counting the days until you are back on the air. :)

We Are Listening.

WB
Anchors Aweigh!

Return to “Art Bell Archive”