Yet Another Update!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 07-09-2006 02:16 PM

There is that possibility you may not be able to broadcast from your home 19 stories up, Art. Are you beginning to feel 'Not grounded?

Maybe you will have to build a radio studio on the roof and go by satellite.
Does Clear Channel have a satellite up? If not, time to launch one up there, hey.

Always remember,' We want you, We need you, We love you, with all our hearts.

You personally have had a polar shift, since Jan. 06, Art.
Turning the night into day.

We know what you need, too.
Your loyal audience of 10 million, plus....

Contact!
(we know you're out there) ;)

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 07-09-2006 02:21 PM

Waverider wrote: Contact!
(we know you're out there) ;)

Ditto;)

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 07-09-2006 02:50 PM

Conspiracy Theorist wrote: Keep in mind that if Art did decide to return to the states, he couldn't do it quickly unless he came alone. Immigration works very slow these days, and it could take up to a couple of years to get Airyn approved.
That doesn't sound right, because they are married. America doesn't forbid an American to bring his bride home, to my knowledge.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Pattie66215
Pirate

Post by Pattie66215 » 07-09-2006 03:40 PM

I am wondering where we stand. Is the last from Art that the show might be over or is he still trying to get things worked out. I am confused.
Pattie

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 07-09-2006 03:44 PM

Pattie66215 wrote: I am wondering where we stand. Is the last from Art that the show might be over or is he still trying to get things worked out. I am confused.

He's trying his best to get things worked out.

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 07-09-2006 03:45 PM

Art lives in another country now. They're still trying to iron out the wrinkles technically speaking concerning the broadcast. You should expect his return to the air at any time.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. - Jack Handey

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 07-09-2006 04:38 PM

Iris wrote: That doesn't sound right, because they are married. America doesn't forbid an American to bring his bride home, to my knowledge.

It can be a big hassle bringing an "alien" wife or husband into the country, Iris. There's a well-known case here in NC of a nice couple -- the wife is a U.S. citizen, husband a Brit -- and although the hubby is a model citizen, and they should both be able to claim dual-citizenship in both countries, the husband isn't allowed to live in the U.S. The wife's UK visa ran out and she had to come back to NC; they've been physically separated for awhile... I don't know how the heck it all works, but sometimes it's not a logical, easy road....
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 07-09-2006 05:30 PM

Well Art. Perhaps your life may be coming to another crossroads. I hope not, and hope that you get things worked out from your end there. If not, then I guess you will have to once again, in such a short period of time, have to make one of those 'life altering' decisions. Do you stay there with the woman you love and live out your life without radio? Or does the woman who loves you come back to the US to be with you, thus allowing you to get back into the swing of things radio-wise? Ultimately I guess it will just become your decision of how powerful the radio mistress is. I sure hope either way that you give us at least a few more years. You have opened so many hearts and minds in a way that only you can do!!! How many human beings can say that? More than ever, in this screwed-up crazy world, your voice is desperately needed!
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 07-09-2006 06:55 PM

Carl should know about bringing a wife here from the Phillipines.

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 07-09-2006 07:38 PM

HurricaneJoanie wrote: It can be a big hassle bringing an "alien" wife or husband into the country, Iris. There's a well-known case here in NC of a nice couple -- the wife is a U.S. citizen, husband a Brit -- and although the hubby is a model citizen, and they should both be able to claim dual-citizenship in both countries, the husband isn't allowed to live in the U.S. The wife's UK visa ran out and she had to come back to NC; they've been physically separated for awhile... I don't know how the heck it all works, but sometimes it's not a logical, easy road....
Thanks, but Airyn's sister is now in the states living with her new American husband, Art's friend. I can't see why there would be any problem with Airyn.
Last edited by Iris on 07-09-2006 07:44 PM, edited 1 time in total.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

moonchild2
Pirate

Post by moonchild2 » 07-09-2006 07:51 PM

Iris wrote: Thanks, but Airyn's sister is now in the states living with her new American husband, Art's friend. I can't see why there would be any problem with Airyn.

I wonder if it makes any difference which country they were married in? Maybe if they were married in the U.S. it would be easier for Art to bring his wife back here? And does the U.S. legally recognize Phillipines marital laws? We need Racehorse to help us out here.

turtle03
Pirate

Post by turtle03 » 07-09-2006 08:06 PM

It takes time to process all of the paperwork to bring a spouse to the U.S. Even getting a visitor visa is difficult, though it's much easier if the husband resides in the Philippines and has a home here (good chance they'll return).

But I think Art is happy in the Philippines. It's a whole different world here, with all new experiences and things. I believe it's exciting for him, and I'd encourage him to go for it (and he has!)

While this is not the U.S. or Europe, it is not the outer reaches of Mongolia, either (though it wouldn't surprise me if they have ISDN lines and broadband there, too, now). Lots of foreign companies set up operation here, especially in Manila. I think broadband connections are more common here than ISDN lines, but I still think he can get it working.

I'll mention this again, too. I really think Art should check into professional studio quality broadcast over IP hardware, since he has a good broadband connection. No need to use skype or something like that; there are professional broadcast solutions for these problems now. Maybe they're not aware of it because it's relatively new:

http://www.stl-ip.com/

http://beradio.com/codecs/radio_audio_tx_stlip/

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 07-09-2006 08:07 PM

Iris wrote: Thanks, but Airyn's sister is now in the states living with her new American husband, Art's friend.
Not according to Carl's website. He is still waiting. He is very good about keeping his website updated.

http://www.cwrnet.com/kb5fjx/about_me.htm

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 07-09-2006 08:41 PM

Really? I stand corrected! Thanks, Mudwoman. Image

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 07-09-2006 08:48 PM

Art has indicated that Airyn does nor want to move to the United States. However, if she changes her mind this is the process that would be required. It might take quite a bit of time, as well.

----
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants ... 5.html#14b

Spouse and Fiance(e) of an American Citizen

Overview
Immigrant Visa for a Spouse (IR1 or CR1)
Nonimmigrant Visa for a Spouse (K-3)
Nonimmigrant Visa for a Fiance(e) (K-1)

Overview

Spouse - If you are an American citizen you have two ways to bring your foreign spouse (husband or wife) to the United States to live. They are:

* Immigrant visa for a Spouse of a U.S. Citizen (IR1 or CR1) - An immigrant Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130 is required.
* Nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) - Two petitions are required:
o Petition for Alien Relative, Form 1-130; and
o Petition for Alien Fiance(e), Form I-129F

It is important to note that application for the nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) who married a U.S. citizen must be made and the visa issued in the country where the marriage took place. After visa processing, and the visa is issued, the spouse can travel to the United States to wait for the processing of the immigrant visa case.

Fiance(e) - If you are an American citizen, you may bring your fiance(e) to the United States to marry and live here.

Nonimmigrant visa for fiance(e) (K-1) - To travel to the United States for marriage. An
I-129F fiance(e) petition is required.

Immigrant Visa for a Spouse (IR1 or CR1)

How Does My Spouse (Husband/Wife) Get an Immigrant Visa?
What Is a “Spouse”?
Minimum Age Requirement for the Petitioner
U.S. Domicile Is Required
What Does the National Visa Center Do?
How Do I Pay for National Visa Center (NVC) Services?
Upgrading a Petition
Applying for a Visa
Fees - How Much Does It Cost?
Vaccination Requirements
Does a Child Have Derivative Status?
Termination of All Previous Marriages
What Is a Conditional Visa?
How Long Does It Take?
What Can Be Done If the Petition Gets Lost?
What If My Husband/Wife Is Ineligible for a Visa?
How Do I Find the Regulations on Immigrant Visas?
How to Apply for a Social Security Number Card

Nonimmigrant Visa for a Spouse (K-3)

What Is a Nonimmigrant Visa for a Spouse (K-3) Visa?
What Is a "Spouse"?
Two Petitions are Required
National Visa Center Sends Petition to Post
A K-3 Is Also an Immigrant
Applying for a Visa
Extending the Petition
Children Have Derivative Status
If the Child is Not Named on the I-129F Petition
Can a K-3 Visa Holder Work in the United States?
How Long Does It Take?
What If the Applicant Is Ineligible for a Visa?
How do I qualify for a child of a spouse (K-4) nonimmigrant visa?
How does a K-4 child adjust status in the United States?
Can those with K-3 and K-4 visas change to another non-immigrant visa category in the United States?
Can I travel and re-enter the U.S. on my K-3 or K-4 visa?
How Do I Find the Regulations on the K-3 Visa?

Nonimmigrant Visa for a Fiance(e) (K-1)

What Is a “Fiancé”?
How Does a Fiancé Visa Work?
Filing the Petition
Extending the Petition
A Fiancé Is Also an Immigrant
Applying for a Visa
Vaccination Requirements
What Must Happen After Getting the Fiancé(e) Visa?
What Does the Fiancé(e) Do When He/she Gets to the United States?
Can a K-1 Visa Holder Leave the United States?
Can a K-1 Visa Holder Work in the United States?
Children Have Derivative Status
How Long Does It Take?
What If the Applicant Is Ineligible for a Visa?
How Do I Find the Regulations on the K-1 Visa?

Immigrant Visa (IR1 or CR1)

How Does My Spouse (Husband/Wife) Get an Immigrant Visa?

The first step is to file a Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130 for your spouse (husband or wife) to immigrate to the United States. You file the petition with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigrations Services (USCIS) immigration Field Office in the United States that serves the area where you live. For instructions on how to file a petition see Petitioning Procedures: Bringing a Spouse (Husband of Wife) to Live in the United States.

Sometimes a U.S. citizen living abroad can file an immigrant visa petition at an U.S. embassy or consulate (post). To find out whether you can file a petition at a specific post abroad, you must ask that post. For information on how to contact the post, please select U.S. embassy or consulate abroad (/travel/tips/embassies/embassies_1214.html)

What is a “Spouse”?

A spouse is a legally wedded husband or wife. Merely living together does not qualify a marriage for immigration. Common-law spouses may qualify as spouses for immigration, but only if the laws of the country where the common-law marriage occurs recognizes common-law marriages and grants them all the same rights and obligations as a traditional marriage. In cases of polygamy, only the first spouse may qualify as a spouse for immigration.

Minimum Age Requirement for the Petitioner

There is no minimum age to file a petition for a spouse for immigration. However, you must be 18 years of age and have a domicile in the U.S. before you can sign the Affidavit of Support, Form I-864, and this form is required for an immigrant visa for spouses and other relatives of U.S. sponsors.

U.S. Domicile Is Required

You must have a domicile (residence) in the United States before we can issue an immigrant visa to your spouse. This is because a U.S. domicile is required to file an Affidavit of Support, Form I-864, and this form is required for all Spouse of a U.S. Citizen (IR-1) immigration cases.

What Does the National Visa Center Do?

After a Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office in the United States approves the petition, it sends the petition to the National Visa Center (NVC). NVC does the following:

* Assigns a case number
* Sends Form DS-3032 Choice of Address and Agent (../visa/frvi_forms.html ) to the applicant (your spouse). The applicant selects an agent. The agent can be anyone, including the applicant. The NVC will mail all future letters (except for the Affidavit of Support, Form I-864) about processing the immigrant visa case to the agent. Make sure the postal address is correct and is kept up-to-date.
* Sends the bill for the Form I-864 Affidavit of Support processing to the petitioner
* Sends the Form I-864, Affidavit of Support to the petitioner after the petitioner pays the I-864 processing fee
* Sends the bill for immigrant visa (IV) processing fee to the agent after the applicant sends form DS-3032 Choice of Address and Agent, to the NVC
* Sends an instruction package to the agent after the agent pays the immigrant visa application processing fee, form DS-230
* Reviews information for technical correctness and completeness.
* Sends the petition to the embassy or consulate where the applicant will apply for a visa when the case file is complete

Note: It is important to follow instructions from the NVC carefully. Send the NVC only those things that it asks for.

How Do I Pay the Fees for the National Visa Center (NVC) Services?

The NVC sends bills for certain fees at the appropriate time in the immigrant visa process. It sends bills for these services to the following people:

* Bill for processing the I-864, Affidavit of Support to the petitioner
* Bill for immigrant visa processing to the agent

The NVC sends a correctly addressed, return envelope with the bills.

Remember these important things:

* It is important that you use the return envelope provided to you, when paying the fees
* Don't forget to put the correct postage on the envelope
* Don't pay the bill until the NVC tells you to do so
* Don't send payments to the NVC at Portsmouth, New Hampshire

For further information see National Visa Center.

Upgrading a Petition - If You Were an LPR and Now are an American Citizen

Suppose you filed a petition for your spouse when you were a lawful permanent resident (LPR). Now you are an U.S. citizen. You must upgrade the petition from family second preference (F2) to immediate relative (IR). You can do this by sending proof of your citizenship to the National Visa Center (NVC). To prove that you are a U.S. citizen, you can send:

* A copy of the biodata page of your U.S. passport; or
* A copy of your certificate of naturalization

If you are now a U.S. citizen, you must file separate immigrant visa petitions for each of your children. If you upgrade a family second preference (F2) petition for your spouse and you did not file separate petitions for your children when you were a lawful permanent resident (LPR), you must do so now. A child does not have derivative status in an immediate relative (IR) petition. This is different from the family second preference (F2) petition. A child is included in his/her parent's F2 petition. A child is not included in his/her parent's IR petition.

Applying for a Visa

An appointment package is sent to the agent or the applicant. (See note below.) The appointment package gives the applicant an interview date and tells you the specific requirements of the visa. It includes instructions on where to go to have the required medical examination. In general, the following is required:

* A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant's intended period of stay in the United States.
* Birth certificate
* Divorce or death certificate of any previous spouse
* Marriage certificate
* Police certificate from all places lived since age 16
* Medical examination
* Evidence of financial support. A completed Form I-864 Affidavit of Support from petitioner/ sponsor is required.
* Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Form DS-230, both Part I and Part II
* Two immigrant visa photos
* Proof of the marriage and the husband/wife relationship
* Payment of immigrant processing fees, as explained below

An applicant may bring marriage photographs and other proof that the marriage is genuine. Documents in foreign languages should be translated. The consular officer may ask for more information.

Take clear, legible photocopies of civil documents, such as birth and marriage certificates, to the immigrant visa interview. Original documents can then be returned to you.

Note: The National Visa Center sends appointment packages to the agent for applicants in certain countries when the petitions are filed in the United States. The embassy or consulate sends appointment packages to applicants in all other countries. It also sends appointment packages to all applicants whose petitions are already at the embassy or consulate.

(Continued on Next Post
Last edited by racehorse on 07-09-2006 09:02 PM, edited 1 time in total.
racehorse

Return to “Art Bell Archive”