Art Might Return to the United States - ART, Please Read

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Art Might Return to the United States

Post by Shirleypal » 10-30-2006 04:47 PM

Art mentioned he was going to make a decision regarding returning to the United States in the next six months, he also talked about building a home up on a hill near the Ocean somewhere in the Philippines, he doesn't think he will get permission to erect an antenna's for his Ham Radio in the Condo. I think he misses talking to his Ham buddies here in the U.S. and his lifestyle here, you know staying up all night, being able to walk out on his deck and look at the Desert and the stars, see the lights of Vegas over the hill, he sounds very homesick. I had a feeling he would make this type of announcement as there were major hints dropped over the past few weeks.

Dynja
Pirate

Post by Dynja » 10-31-2006 12:51 AM

Are we sure, that Art ever really left the desert? Perhaps for reasons unknown...he wanted people to believe he wasn't there for a while. ;)

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Re: Art Might Return to the United States

Post by Dixie Butcher » 11-01-2006 12:42 AM

Shirleypal wrote: I think he misses talking to his Ham buddies here in the U.S. and his lifestyle here, you know staying up all night, being able to walk out on his deck and look at the Desert and the stars, see the lights of Vegas over the hill,...

Not to mention that if he moves back to Pahrump, it's highly unlikely he'll need to worry about Airyn bringing home those gross eggs with ducklings inside of them to crunch on! :eek: Eeeeeeewww!

I know pregnant ladies crave some weird stuff, but that one takes the cake!

jamesTkirk
Pirate

Post by jamesTkirk » 11-01-2006 10:48 AM

Well, I've been thinking about Art's mentioning of a possible return and I really feel there's no chance for awhile. Think about it:

His wife has never left the Philipines until they went to Hong Kong. Heck, she just went to the dentist for the 1st time!!

She's gonna have a big job when their child is born, she'll really need the support she'll get from being in her homeland.

I've been to Pahrump. Not exactly the premier spot for someone who has never been to the US to live in.

I think it's more likely they'll get that large country estate in Mindinao and Art will fade from the limelight in quiet, rural, retirement.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 11-01-2006 11:39 AM

He said he was making the decision in about 6 months..just about the time the baby comes.

Can't take a flight when you're that pregnant.

I hope he comes back to the U.S.

They could have a nice home in Santa Barbara (they have palm trees and water) and go back and forth to Parumph when needed.

I sure hope he does not get that estate in the Philippine's. I feel that he could have trouble from those who might want to do him harm there.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-01-2006 11:56 AM

Tiff my feeling is that he will come back and as far as flying when
pregnant it isn't the best idea but people do it all the time, I don't think they would do it all the last minute.

Samhain
Pirate

Post by Samhain » 11-01-2006 01:55 PM

I hope he returns. Its not the same. He needs to be back in the high desert, in the night.

skydancer
Pirate

Post by skydancer » 11-01-2006 07:18 PM

Seems to be based upon his priorities ... New Baby and Wife
will come first before his ham radio when making his decision of where to reside.

As long as Art knows the color of his parachute he'll be where he's meant to be.

Fish
Pirate

Post by Fish » 11-01-2006 08:47 PM

Mindanao is a very dangerous place for Americans. It's where terrorists are operating and the American Embassy in Manila urges all Americans to stay away from Mindanao. Any American who goes there is looking for trouble - he will be a target. In the past many Americans have lost their lives there because of bombing incidents. It would be very foolish to consider a move there. We are continuously warned about Mindanao and to ignore these warnings could be hazardous to one's health!!

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 11-01-2006 08:57 PM

Fish wrote: Mindanao is a very dangerous place for Americans. It's where terrorists are operating and the American Embassy in Manila urges all Americans to stay away from Mindanao. Any American who goes there is looking for trouble - he will be a target. In the past many Americans have lost their lives there because of bombing incidents. It would be very foolish to consider a move there. We are continuously warned about Mindanao and to ignore these warnings could be hazardous to one's health!!

Hi Fish glad to see you here. Yes I believe what you are saying and am concerned too.

Fish
Pirate

Post by Fish » 11-01-2006 09:10 PM

Hi Tiffany, thanks for your comment. Perhaps US based Americans are not aware that American military forces are fighting Muslims in Mindanao and in the Sulu Islands along with Philippine military forces. These two areas are the only two areas in the Philippines where Muslims are active and there is an effort to eliminate them. Americans are warned to stay away from Mindanao because they become soft targets for Muslim terrorists. Any American who travels there or lives here will be monitored, followed by terrorists operatives until they feel the right opportunity presents itself for them to move and take out the American. This is how they have been operating in the Philippines and is typical of their mo here.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 11-01-2006 09:35 PM

Oh geez, Fish...

Art -- you need to come home, baby or not.
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 11-02-2006 09:15 AM

Since Art does read here now & then, but has mentioned he doesn't get to some posts/threads for awhile, may I suggest that a moderator makes a "sticky" of this to put at the very, very top - perhaps with a BOLD "ATTENTION ART BELL" subject line? From what he's said on the air since he's been in Manila, it seems he doesn't get a lot of the world news that we hear & read here in the U.S., and it could be he's unaware of this & other potential hazards in the Philipenes. You could just leave it as a sticky until he's moved to wherever, and after it was no longer necessary, take away the "sticky status" (since there are already so many of them!!). And furthermore, maybe request that anyone who posts in it try to limit their posts to actual factual documented information related to Mindanao, citing sources. That way he would be able to see all the pertinent information that he NEEDS TO SURVIVE without wading through hundreds of "well wishes" posts and well-meaning, but superfluous "If I were you, I would do this." type posts. No offense to anyone here at all - I know Art values all of our opinions, but since he's a busy man, it might be good to cut to the chase in this case. Just a thought. :)
Fish wrote: Mindanao is a very dangerous place for Americans. It's where terrorists are operating and the American Embassy in Manila urges all Americans to stay away from Mindanao. Any American who goes there is looking for trouble - he will be a target. In the past many Americans have lost their lives there because of bombing incidents. It would be very foolish to consider a move there. We are continuously warned about Mindanao and to ignore these warnings could be hazardous to one's health!!

and
Fish wrote: Hi Tiffany, thanks for your comment. Perhaps US based Americans are not aware that American military forces are fighting Muslims in Mindanao and in the Sulu Islands along with Philippine military forces. These two areas are the only two areas in the Philippines where Muslims are active and there is an effort to eliminate them. Americans are warned to stay away from Mindanao because they become soft targets for Muslim terrorists. Any American who travels there or lives here will be monitored, followed by terrorists operatives until they feel the right opportunity presents itself for them to move and take out the American. This is how they have been operating in the Philippines and is typical of their mo here.

jamesTkirk
Pirate

Post by jamesTkirk » 11-02-2006 12:44 PM

YOW!

Fish- thanks for the very informative info!!

i'm amazed he would even mention mindanao after hearing about this. i should think Art would know about that stuff. after all, he's put alot of recent effort into discrediting, once again, that terrible e-mail scandal.

hey dixie, i'm sure i'd find it if i'd just dig around, but do you have a copy of your interview with George? i'd love to give it a listen...go to my homepage and you can e-mail me there.

allrighty then!

jimbo

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 11-02-2006 03:14 PM

Dixie Butcher wrote: Since Art does read here now & then,

Dix, sent Art an email of Fish's posts.

Return to “Art Bell Archive”