Moderator: Super Moderators

Dynja
Pirate

Post by Dynja » 12-29-2006 08:43 AM

I'm guessin'...that Art DOES return. ;)

SBlistener
Pirate

Post by SBlistener » 12-29-2006 08:44 PM

I am new to this forum, and felt the need to find it today, after last night's announcement. Like several of you that had some idea that Art would return to the high desert, I had no clue whatsoever, to be quite honest, and I listen to him, when he has guests mostly, because I don't like open lines.

Anyway, I DO remember when he had announced moving to the Phillipines, he made mention that Airyn had no interest in coming to the US, so he would move there instead. For all we know he said that as a cover up, knowing it would take this long to get her citizenship established.

Mind you, the Phillipines are great people and family oriented, but I am sure that Airyn is far different than Ramona was, because Ramona was Americanized. She was very much like Art. Airyn, is probably alot different. What is she going to do in a rural area with a baby? Stroll around the tumbleweed that blows in the desert? She will need and want her family, especially her sister, which I heard also married. What would they say if the family was flown over (expenses paid by Art of course), and they see this double wide in the middle of no where, with giant Ham antennas, and their baby swinging on a swing in the front porch? This is no place for a mom to be, but we don't know Airyn. She may very well be naive.

She probably just wanted to get married and Art is a great guy, but what will she think after he explains the tin foil conspiracies at Area 51?

Yes I was shocked, when he made the announcement that they had indeed "landed", but I heard word for word. I never heard him say he came back to stay for good, he only said he came back with Airyn.

He's retired, come back, retired come back, but he created this show, there is no way he wants to let it go. He couldn't come up with a great intro for the show from across the world, and he really wants to be the King of the Kingdom of Nye. We all know that!

Sienna

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 12-29-2006 09:13 PM

SBlistener yes Art plans on staying here, said they are waiting for Airyn's Green Card, you don't get a Green Card if you are just visiting, I am sure Airyn will be just fine in the High Desert, Philippino people are pretty savvy and her sister is also here, so she won't exactly be without family and we don't know what Airyn's thoughts are on this move is the first place, I for one am not going to second guess her.

You claim to listen to Art and had no idea he may be coming back here, about six weeks ago he announced that he was going to make a decision about staying there or moving back here, so this is no big surprise, the surprise was he didn't tell us when he was coming.

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 12-29-2006 09:29 PM

SBlistener wrote: I
Mind you, the Phillipines are great people and family oriented, but I am sure that Airyn is far different than Ramona was, because Ramona was Americanized. She was very much like Art. Airyn, is probably alot different. What is she going to do in a rural area with a baby? Stroll around the tumbleweed that blows in the desert? She will need and want her family, especially her sister, which I heard also married. What would they say if the family was flown over (expenses paid by Art of course), and they see this double wide in the middle of no where, with giant Ham antennas, and their baby swinging on a swing in the front porch? This is no place for a mom to be, but we don't know Airyn. She may very well be naive.

There are a great many people who think Pahrump is an absolutely wonderful place to live! That is why the area has grown so much and so fast. There are many beautiful homes there. You make it sound like Art's place is some kind of a dump in a tobacco-road-like setting, and that her family would be horrified to see where their little daughter was living! Humorous stuff!
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Hurst
Pirate

Post by Hurst » 12-30-2006 04:09 PM

SBlisterer, Welcome to the forum. Hang around, it's a fun place, really. :)

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 12-30-2006 04:16 PM

There is no reason Art could not have two, three or? many homes. One near the beach with palm trees, his home in the Phillipines, his home in the desert, maybe one at Aspen..who knows..She can go to Yosemite (as I sent pic's for her to see)........and when he is not on the radio those two will be traveling up a storm. I'm sure when the baby gets a little older her sister Sharon can watch the baby while they travel where ever they want to go. Sharon and Karl have a lovely tree'd place with fruit trees, meadows and pretty scenery. I'm sure they will fly back and forth to AR to visit. Think of her seeing Las Vegas for the first time...must have been unbelievable for her.

Welcome Blister........:)
Last edited by tiffany on 12-30-2006 04:19 PM, edited 1 time in total.

ibme
Pirate

Post by ibme » 12-30-2006 05:23 PM

And the baby in a swing on the front porch ; sounds sweet to me. And about how many people in the world would agree?

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 12-30-2006 05:29 PM

ibme wrote: And the baby in a swing on the front porch ; sounds sweet to me. And about how many people in the world would agree?

Hi ibme, I would most everyone in the world, nice to see you again.

ksue
Pirate

He Must Have Known

Post by ksue » 12-30-2006 08:42 PM

I have to think this move back here was in the grand scheme of things or everything would have been sold or moved from that property out in the desert by now.
I imagine someone must have been looking out for the property in his absence.
It seems like all his equipment was up and running and ready too, for him to be on the air so soon after arriving.
I wonder how it will be for his new wife to move into Art's place with the ghost of his former love there. Can't be easy.

I'm glad he's back though, it wasn't quite the same knowing he was so far away. I always felt he would be back.
Anyway, living in such high humidity for someone used to the dry desert air had to be very rough. I have a hard time of dealing with Florida's humidity.
ksue ..... Inquiring minds want to know!!!

SBlistener
Pirate

Post by SBlistener » 12-30-2006 10:16 PM

Shirleypal: Yes I do claim to list to AB, but I must have missed the show(s) in which he dropped the hints, or I tuned in late. Sometimes I don't turn the radio on until after 10:30 p.m.

His show comes on at 10 p.m. here in Santa Barbara, and in his opening is when he usually fills us in on what's happening, but as I mentioned, I must have missed those hints..darn!

Majda: Cool your heels. My sister lives
in Pahrump. I never said it was a bad place, nor a dump. You said that, not I!

I like it alot, in fact love the place, but
neither you, nor I, or anyone else would ever really know if Airyn's family would be pleased or not. Sure we would like to paint the prettiest picture, but we will never know. I am sure Airyn likes it
by now, is, or will be adjusting to it.

Hi Hurst..great to meet you.:)

I live in Santa Barbara, where AB once lived and had a radio program. Jeff Rense also started his program
here from SB, and I enjoyed listening to him quite a bit.

Sienna

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 12-30-2006 10:22 PM

Shirleypal: Yes I do claim to list to AB, but I must have missed the show(s) in which he dropped the hints, or I tuned in late. Sometimes I don't turn the radio on until after 10:30 p.m.

I can relate to that SBlistener, the years I lived in Berkeley, Ca. I used to miss part of first hour frequently as I was busy or out and about. Here the show comes on at 1:00 AM and am always here and rarely miss the first hour. I used to tape the shows so I could listen the next day when I knew I wouldn't be home.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 12-30-2006 11:49 PM

Blister I have mentioned before maybe he could have a house in SB.........that would be a nice place for Airyn.......in fact I would love to live there.......but can't afford it.:(

Return to “Art Bell Archive”