From Art: Goodbye cruel world!

Moderator: Super Moderators

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 11-30-2006 01:16 PM

Art will decide what is best for him and his family. I know that we all wish him the best. Typhoon season only lasts for so long....

circledancer
Pirate

Post by circledancer » 11-30-2006 01:44 PM

I'm with Peg on this one....Come home Art!

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 11-30-2006 01:54 PM

Let's let him get through this dadgum typhoon, THEN we'll all nag at him! :)

So glad to hear you're out of the eye at least, Art & family - went here:
http://www.manilaview.com/

just now - first shot looked like a few headlights on the dark overpass - then it just went black. Reckon the winds knocked the camera out?

Alien-BC
Pirate

Post by Alien-BC » 11-30-2006 02:11 PM

Good news :cool:

Divinorumus
Pirate

Post by Divinorumus » 11-30-2006 02:31 PM

ARt, move to Hawaii!
NO! omg, how can you say such a thing? I like Art, he's one of the good guys - don't suggest that .. think of some place else, but please, NOT the mythical islands of Hawaii. Think of some place far from the edge of any large body of water, some place smack dab in the middle of a large continent, Minnesota for example. It's really nice here for many reasons - you have your seasons, plenty of fresh water, lots of trees, fewer crybabies than elsewhere, concealed weapons are allowed, country life is cool and you can buy a large swath of the american gated community dream here if you don't mind living among them, and you'll be really super close to the largest alien base of invaders from beyond than anywhere else on this rock (and if they are still here, that obviously indicates it's still relatively safe where they are - ha), and ... well, actually, anyplace far enough from the splashy edges of any large body of water should be considered carefully before making any rash decision .. I mean, sure, if ur old and it doesn't matter that much now, yeah, Hawaii is cool .. but, think of the younger ones .. especially the unique ones - ha ... be safe - stay away from the splashy watery edges on earth next year, okay !

tiffany
Pirate

HOLY MOLY!

Post by tiffany » 11-30-2006 02:38 PM

EYEWALL PASSAGE FORECAST TIMES (EPFT):

+ Catanduanes: Ongoing until 1PM today.
+ Camarines Sur: 10AM until 7PM today.
+ Camarines Norte: 3PM until 11PM today.
+ Southern Quezon: 7PM today until 7AM tomorrow.
+ Metro Manila: 4AM until 4PM tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUPER TYPHOON DURIAN [REMING/24W/0621]
T2K PUBLIC ADVISORY NUMBER 017:
As of 11:00 AM local (03:00 GMT) Thu 30 November
Source: JTWC Warning #017 (US Navy/Air Force)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a dramatic "Eyewall Replacement 3 to 6 hours ago, Super Typhoon DURIAN (REMING) regained its strength to 250 kph, back to Category 5...Eye just passed south of Virac and is now over Lagonoy Gulf...Landfall in just a few hours over Tiwi-Ocampo-Tigaon around 1 PM this afternoon and to be over Pili-Naga City around 2 to 3 pm.

*THIS IS AN EXTEMELY CATASTROPHIC TYPHOON...PAGASA Virac has recorded wind gusts of 265 km/hr...All interests in the Northern Samar, Bicol Region & Quezon Provinces should closely monitor the progress of this extremely dangerous typhoon.

*Please advise that if no updates occured, all communication may be damaged..this is might be my last UPDATE!!!

+ Forecast Outlook: DURIAN's core (eye & eyewall) is expected to make landfall over Camarines Sur in the afternoon and early evening and then cross Ragay Hills across Ragay and Del Gallego around 5-6 PM in Camarines Sur. An alternate scenario shows a possible Westerly track across Iriga City this afternoon...Please be aware of the situation.

+ Effects: DURIAN's Eyewall bringing typhoon force winds and heavy rains across Catanduanes, Camarines Sur, & Albay. Southern Quezon and Camarines Norte late this afternoon or early evening. Tomorrow approaching Metro Manila and Batangas Area. Coastal Storm Surge flooding of more than 18 feet above normal tide levels...along with large and dangerous battering waves can be expected near and to the north of where the center of DURIAN makes landfall in Catanduanes & Camarines Provinces today.

+ Current Monsoon Intensity: Light to Moderate Northeast Monsoon enhanced by TY DURIAN (REMING) is currently bringing cloudy skies with occasional showers and cool winds across Northern Luzon.

http://www.typhoon2000.ph/micro.html

Starboard
Pirate

Post by Starboard » 11-30-2006 02:58 PM

Thoughts and prayers going out to you and Airyn and the cats, Art.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 11-30-2006 03:08 PM

The typhoon changed direction yesterday from west-northwest to west, towards Batangas and Mindoro, thus sparing Metro Manila from a direct hit.

Metro Manila spared from direct hit by ‘Reming’

as the typhoon changed its direction from west-northwest to west, thus sparing Metro Manila from being directly hit.

," instead of crossing Camarines Sur and proceeding towards Metro Manila, changed direction due to the influence of a "high pressure area."

However, he said, said Metro Manila residents must still prepare for heavy rainshowers and gusty winds brought by the typhoon.

"The center of the super-typhoon will not hit Metro Manila but its circulation will still affect the metropolis)," he said, adding, "Hindi pa totally ligtas ang Metro Manila."

At 4 pm yesterday, the eye of "Reming" was located at 40 kilometers southeast of Pili, Camarines Sur, with winds of 190 kph near the center and gusts of up to 225 kph while moving west at 15 kph.

Manila disaster unit under full alert—Atienza

Manila Mayor Lito Atienza yesterday placed the city’s entire disaster unit under full alert to minimize the potential damage of super-typhoon "Reming" when it hits the National Capital Region this morning.

"The city government of Manila has already taken the necessary preparations to minimize, if not totally prevent, major damage that could be wrought by the approaching typhoon," Atienza said.

The mayor said several city hall employees worked to clear Manila streets of Christmas lanterns, lights, and other decor that could be destroyed by the strong winds of the typhoon.

He assured that city hall will be in action to protect, serve, and secure" residents from possible devastation by Reming.

tiffany
Pirate

Art, Airyn (lil new one) and the kitties Stay Safe...Protect

Post by tiffany » 11-30-2006 03:10 PM

Pennylane005
Pirate

Re: Update from Art

Post by Pennylane005 » 11-30-2006 03:23 PM

Art Bell wrote: The typhoon has moved a touch South, the eye will not pass over us. Wind and rain have started at this hour.

We may be ok, the next 12 hours will tell
the story. Never a dull moment.

Art

Art,

As a faithful listener I have been a silent witness to the many, many times you have stood in harm's way. Here you are once again dangerously close to the eye of the storm.

My money is on you, dear friend. You are an extraordinary man. You possess a particular resilliance and fortitude that I truly admire. You have the power to keep on keeping on when the average person would simply retreat.

And with so many people who love you there is plenty of energy being devoted to your well-being, for the safety of your new family, and for the protection of all the people who are threatened by this storm.

Keep your wits about you and hang in there, Art. This too shall pass.

Your friend,

Pennylane

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 11-30-2006 03:38 PM

Good news indeed! Keep updating us as you can. (you may lose power, so have flashlights/candles ready) keep the fridge shut :)

If you can, snap some photos-- full res even-- I'll upload them to my website Art, so all can see. Send em to [email protected] if you take some. No size is too big. I have a 15Mb connection :)

Be safe you all!

Dan
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 11-30-2006 03:57 PM

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-30-2006 05:07 PM

Thank you so much for the update Art, just got home from work and wondered all day...........had a good feeling, of all times to forget to take my laptop to work. Hope we will be taking a ride this weekend.

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 11-30-2006 05:37 PM

Hey Tiff, that link you put up just keeps showing up to 2am Thursday - I keep hitting refresh but it stays the same - am I looking at it (or the time) wrong, or ... ???:confused:

alfa119
Pirate

Post by alfa119 » 11-30-2006 06:03 PM

I just had to check into the website and see whats going on... only in a world of pirates can we control the water???

arg...

hmmm who knows...

as it goes art will be on the air, he has to tell his story even if it is by phone....

My Best to yah

Max

Return to “Art Bell Archive”