From Art: Goodbye cruel world!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-30-2006 06:48 PM

Dixie Butcher wrote: Hey Tiff, that link you put up just keeps showing up to 2am Thursday - I keep hitting refresh but it stays the same - am I looking at it (or the time) wrong, or ... ???:confused:

There is a note on the site saying he would update the website as long as he has power, if not updated guess it means he lost power from his vantage point.

Fish
Pirate

Post by Fish » 11-30-2006 07:04 PM

The tyhpoon is already headed to the China Sea - it is located miles below Manila - so while we have been getting heavy rain and strong winds - it did not directly hit Manila - Thank God!! I think that this has alot to do with the prayers of everyone here at the Forum. The roof on my house is still there and my 4 cats and family are well - so far so good!! This is a very big storm and everyone in Metro Manila was prepared for this one - but luckily it headed further south. The reports of its destruction are just beginning to be televised - mudslides and people dying.Right now, there's no rain at the moment just strong winds.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-30-2006 07:06 PM

National (as of 6:56 PM)

(UPDATE) 'Super typhoon' alters course

"Super typhoon" Reming (international codename Durian) appeared to have slightly changed its path as it continued to traverse Camarines Sur province in the Bicol region Thursday, weather bureau PAGASA reported.

As of 4 p.m., the PAGASA Web site said that Reming was spotted 40 kilometers southeast of Pili, Camarines Sur area with maximum sustained winds of 190 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 225 kph. It was moving west at 15 kph.

PAGASA forecast the typhoon to be in the vicinity of Marinduque by early Friday morning and 120 km south southwest of Metro Manila in the afternoon.

By Saturday afternoon, it is forecast to be 440 km west southwest of Metro Manila and 740 km west southwest of the capital region a day later.

A forecast earlier placed the typhoon in the vicinity of Metro Manila by Friday morning.

PAGASA, meanwhile, said public storm signal number 4 remained over Catanduanes, Albay, Camarines provinces, southern Quezon, Burias Island and Marinduque while signal number 3 was still raised over Sorsogon, the rest of Quezon, Oriental Mindoro, Batangas and Polillo Island.

Signal number 2 remained over Aurora, Masbate, Romblon, Occidental Mindoro, Lubang Island, Cavite, Laguna, Rizal, Bulacan, Bataan, Metro Manila and Northern Samar.

PAGASA said signal number 1 was still in effect over Zambales, Pampanga, Tarlac, Pangasinan, Nueva Vizcaya, Nueva Ecija, Quirino, Isabela, the rest of Samar, Calamian Group of Islands, Biliran Island, Aklan and Capiz .

The bureau alerted residents living in low-lying and mountainous areas under storm warning signals against flashfloods and landslides, while those in coastal areas under signals 2, 3 and 4 were advised to seek higher ground due to possible storm surges.
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/topofthehour ... ryId=57905

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-30-2006 07:07 PM

Fish wrote: The tyhpoon is already headed to the China Sea - it is located miles below Manila - so while we have been getting heavy rain and strong winds - it did not directly hit Manila - Thank God!! I think that this has alot to do with the prayers of everyone here at the Forum. The roof on my house is still there and my 4 cats and family are well - so far so good!! This is a very big storm and everyone in Metro Manila was prepared for this one - but luckily it headed further south. The reports of its destruction are just beginning to be televised - mudslides and people dying.Right now, there's no rain at the moment just strong winds.

Thanks for the update Fish, please forgive me for not remembering you are there also, thank goodness you are okay, my prayers go out to you also.

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 11-30-2006 09:57 PM

Shirleypal wrote: Thanks for the update Fish, please forgive me for not remembering you are there also, thank goodness you are okay, my prayers go out to you also.

HOLY PETE, FISH - me too! To all of what Shirleypal said.

:o I am so embarrassed - please forgive me. And thank God you're alright, too. Please stay that way! :)

Fish
Pirate

Post by Fish » 11-30-2006 10:04 PM

Hi Dixie and Shirley - thanks for your comments - I figured everyone's prayers for Art and Airyn would help us too - so I was grateful for that because somehow that powerful storm which was headed straight for Manila suddenly took a southern trajectory and missed us - although we have gotten heavy rain and still have strong winds - so everyone's good thoughts and wishes at this forum helped everyone in the Metro Manila area - on their behalf and mine I would like to thank everyone for their good vibes and power of the mind which actually did turn this storm away from us.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 11-30-2006 11:01 PM

Hey, Fish! Nice to hear from you, and yes - you were in my thoughts and mind blend and bend as well. :)

Art has advised us all not to engage in 'mind blasts' - or group consciousness efforts to change the weather - for fear of unintended consequences.

For those of us really tuned into Art - I feel there is no danger - if those feelings, tempered with the cautions he advises, are in play.

The mind 'bend' seems more finely tuned.
;)

You kinda go with the flow - and do just enough to sort of warp into a parallel consciousness and manifestation a few clicks away from the linear time flow trajectory. It all sorts itself out that way - and other things being relative - no harm is done.

That is my belief anyway. The mind is very powerful, but the operant factors here I think, are Love and Intention.

Continued blessings for you and your family.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 11-30-2006 11:07 PM

There was never one doubt in my mind this would miss Art and Airyn.

:cool:

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 11-30-2006 11:11 PM

Fish wrote: Hi Dixie and Shirley - thanks for your comments - I figured everyone's prayers for Art and Airyn would help us too - so I was grateful for that because somehow that powerful storm which was headed straight for Manila suddenly took a southern trajectory and missed us - although we have gotten heavy rain and still have strong winds - so everyone's good thoughts and wishes at this forum helped everyone in the Metro Manila area - on their behalf and mine I would like to thank everyone for their good vibes and power of the mind which actually did turn this storm away from us.

So glad to hear you are okay Fish..........going home soon still...what a goodbye for ya........this storm...........

I hope that this storm does not take many lives......it seems to be a devestating one indeed.

tiffany
Pirate

Sad........

Post by tiffany » 11-30-2006 11:30 PM

:( MANILA, Philippines - Typhoon Durian tore through the eastern Philippines on Thursday with winds of up to 139 mph, killing at least 55 people and cutting off power to thousands of homes, officials said.

A mudslide swept down on the village of Padang at the foot of the Mayon volcano, and at least 20 bodies were recovered, Noel Rosal, mayor of Legazpi city, capital of badly hit Albay province, said Friday.

Some victims had their clothes ripped off as they were swept away by the mudslide, he told The Associated Press by phone on Friday.

"I could not bear to look at some of them," Rosal said.

Elsewhere in Albay, 26 people were killed in Santo Domingo and 13 were missing, while another nine deaths were reported in the town of Daraga, said Jukes Nunez of the Provincial Disaster Coordinating Council.

About 30 people were injured by boulders and roofing materials in Padang and taken to hospitals, Rosal said.

Jukes Nunez of the Albay Provincial Disaster Coordinating Council said many parts of Legazpi were still flooded Friday morning.

"The request for rescue is overwhelming," he said. "The disaster managers are victims themselves."

The typhoon weakened early Friday as it moved north of Mindoro island, south of Manila, with sustained winds of 94 mph and gusts of up to 116 mph as it headed toward the South China Sea.

Rescuers struggled against strong winds to rescue residents whose roofs were torn off, exposing them to rain and flying sheets of metal, Naga Mayor Jessie Robredo told The Associated Press by cell phone. With telephone lines down, many residents whose houses were uprooted by the wind sought help by sending cell phone text messages.

"I've received SMS messages of 10 small houses being blown away by the wind and many others getting damaged," Robredo said.

The "super typhoon" — the fourth to hit the Philippines in as many months — was packing sustained winds of 121 mph and gusts of up to 139 mph, the weather bureau said.

The civil defense office said electricity was cut off to thousands of people in Bicol and 10 towns in nearby Quezon province, while nearly 4,000 ferry passengers were stranded after the coast guard grounded all vessels.

In late September, Typhoon Xangsane left 230 people dead and missing in and around Manila. Typhoon Cimaron killed 19 people and injured 58 others last month, and earlier this month, Chebi sliced through the central Luzon region, killing one.

About 20 typhoons and tropical storms hit the Philippines each year.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061201/ap_ ... asia_storm

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 12-01-2006 02:48 AM

I am thankful metro Manila was spared the brunt of this terrible storm. The violence and power of some of these storms seems to be worsening. Global warming? - or who knows?

Very tragic.

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 12-01-2006 02:28 PM

Art, please let us know how it's going when you get power back.
Snap some pic, email them to me at the address in my previous post here and I'll put them up.
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

Art Bell
The East

From Art: Update

Post by Art Bell » 12-02-2006 01:08 AM

Yea, We are alive! The Typhoon took
a slight last moment turn to the South
and spared us a direct hit here in Manila.

We had lost power, Internet, cable but
they are back up now and we are fine.

For the 200+ people who lost their
lives I am so sorry.

We have a new cat! Details on the show. Thanks to all who prayed for us.

Art & Airyn

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 12-02-2006 01:15 AM

Thanks Art, so good to hear from you and glad you're safe and sound, Airyn and the Kitties too, looking foward to hearing all about it tomorrow night on the show. We all love you and are relieved.

Alien-BC
Pirate

Post by Alien-BC » 12-02-2006 01:22 AM

:cool: ;) Good to know you’re all ok and you too Fish but sad for the people that did not make it.

Now that your over the worst Art I have one request PLEASE PLEASE do another interview with Gorge Carlin that would make my year.
;)
Last edited by Alien-BC on 12-02-2006 01:33 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Art Bell Archive”