From Art Bell 2-08

Moderator: Super Moderators

Art Bell
The East

From Art Bell

Post by Art Bell » 02-18-2008 06:44 PM

Hi all,

First, we are all great! Asia is now 8 1/2
months old and crawling always with a big smile on her face, she is a VERY happy child and we love her dearly. To those considering having a child late in life I can only say it has been amazing, I have so much time to enjoy her and marvel at the miracle of life. (We just child-proofed the house)

Airyn and I are very much in love and she has done a amazing job of adjusting to life here in the U.S. She is a good driver and passed her test first time around. In late April we are going to Europe for a few weeks and Asia will stay with her Aunt and Uncle in Arkansas.

I have in my mind a new house on a hill
overlooking the ocean in the Philippines where I can put up antennas and enjoy my hobby in the tropics. We have not made any firm decision on this and will take a Year or so to think it over. Should this come to pass I would this time sell the Bell spread (2 Homes and 5 acres) with the biggest Ham antenna of its kind in the world. (Private anyway). Somebody is going to get a very good deal.

I of course keep getting email's about doing more Broadcasting, I would say what I have come to learn is the only smart response "never say never" but I will not become involved in a five day a week deal. Yes of course I miss interacting with all of you that I have come to think of as my extended Family.
Should a deal be offered that would allow my life to not be tied to a strict deadline every day.....who knows. I have always for some reason felt I should share my personal life with those of you that I spoke with every night. Please understand there are some things that must remain "no comment"

So, that is the latest from the Bell house.

Bless all,

Art Bell

The (3) Bell cats are just fine, Yetti, Abby dos and Dolly, however they do not like the child proof stuff as much of it is cat proof as well.

alleyrulez
Pirate

Post by alleyrulez » 02-18-2008 07:05 PM

this thread = sight for sore eyes.

we miss you, Art.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 02-18-2008 07:11 PM

Art, I know that you have done your bit for parapsychology and ufology, and I concede that you have the right to enjoy your well-deserved retirement with your family. But can't you do an Internet radio broadcast, even if only once a month? You are one of the experts in the field, Art. Please don't deprive us of your deep insight, your critical perspective, and your vast experience.

Please, Art, think seriously about this proposal --- or about something along its lines.

As always, your fan,

Joe Quinn
Last edited by joequinn on 02-18-2008 07:14 PM, edited 1 time in total.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 02-18-2008 07:14 PM

wow Art! thanks for the update...

the house overlooking the ocean sounds awesome!

re-listened to your Ghost to Ghost from 1994 or 1995 the other day. still would love for you to tell us about your Ouija board experience :eek:

love and light to you, Airyn, Asia and the kitties...

take care and please do not be a stranger. we all love ya' :)

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 02-18-2008 07:32 PM

Art so good to hear from you, thanks so much for the update, love seeing pictures of Asia as she grows, thank you for sharing with us. I know you know how much we all miss you but have to say it anyway........hoping that offer comes along that you just can't refuse.:)

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 02-18-2008 08:32 PM

Thanks, Art, As always, I wish you, Aryan, and Asia the very best. Please take care. :)
racehorse

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 02-18-2008 08:47 PM

Thanks for the update Art, I am so happy for you. May your life continue to be filled with blessings !!!! Don't be a stranger, stop by every once in a while :)

PS...Hi ya RH :)

WestBorder
Pirate

Post by WestBorder » 02-18-2008 09:14 PM

Good to hear from you, Art, and good to hear that everything is going well for you, Airyn, Asia and the cats. I echo joequinn's sentiments - please seriously consider doing SOME type of fairly regular broadcast via the Internet. Your take on things is still needed and highly valued.

Let us know if you decide to sell the house in Pahrump - I'm looking to move to a warmer climate than western Iowa. :D

Hope to hear on C2C soon, even if only for a night!
Anchors Aweigh!

Supernova
Pirate

Post by Supernova » 02-18-2008 10:47 PM

Thanks Art,

For the family update as well as giving us some hope that you may return to airwaves a little more regularly than now. Clearly (should you do a "new" show) it would not take long to get re-established as one of the biggest shows (ratings wise) on radio.

It would be nice if you could find someone who would do 2 or 3 nights a week and you the other nights to make up a 5 night a week show. Weekends could be Whitley or someone of a similar ilk and one repeat. Hope there are potential investors reading this board!

S.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 02-19-2008 12:26 AM

Hi Art, my love to you, Airyn, Asia and of course the kitties.

I am so happy for you and Airyn and you are so right on about that adorable and happy happy baby. Remarkable she is... always smiling. I believe that you have a very special child there.

I have two in my family who are on second families and enjoying it so much more now that they are older. Right on Art! Very happy for you!

I hope you do not leave the U.S. permanently. Well you have a year to think about it. There is so much for Airyn and the baby to see here and a year is not much time for the baby to know her birthplace. Perhaps you could consider a vacation home in the Phillipines for a few months out of the year.

I hope you have a wonderful time in Europe. It sounds fantastic.
Love and Light, Kathy/Sonora via Couer d Alene Idaho..........
Last edited by tiffany on 02-19-2008 12:36 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 02-19-2008 06:42 PM

Art, all I gotta say is get yer butt on the mic soon! :) We miss hearing you, and hearing your interviewing skills. They are SORELY missed.

Heck yeah, even a weekly internet show would be cool. No 40 mins of commercials like coast does now, and free to do what YOU wanted like it used to be.

Do you have freedom to open up artbell.com? If you need a webmaster and graphics designer, I'd be happy to do it free of charge. I'm just as good as Keith is :) *xxxxxx if you're interested.

Anyway, Keep in touch! All my best to you, your Wife and superstar daughter! ;)

*edit by admin
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

DesertOfTheSea
Pirate

Post by DesertOfTheSea » 02-19-2008 10:45 PM

Art,

It's great to hear from you. Congrats to Airyn on passing her test. Good for her! Well, we hope to hear you on the radio soon and I'm sure it will be on your terms. Good Luck.

Chas
#1 Art Bell Fan (in the high desert).

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 02-19-2008 11:51 PM

Conscious
Pirate

Post by Conscious » 02-20-2008 02:06 AM

Shirleypal -

The image you posted above is a perfect metaphor for Art's show (Art's Baby) just look at those eyes "behind bars".... Could this be a conscious or perhaps an unconscious cryptic message from Art?

What do you suppose it will take to bail her out? :cool:
The only fact that I know about consciousness is that I'm 'Conscious'.

DesertSage
Pirate

Post by DesertSage » 02-20-2008 02:10 PM

Glad to know you, Airyn, Asia and the kitties are doing well over the hill!

To throw in with the other Pirates, I think you should do a weekly internet show. And then, at least, Saturday nights on C2C (keeping Ian, just moving him a little bit.)

Really, come back somewhere, sometime. Your presence, wit, humor and intelligence is sorely missed.
"Wanting everything in life to be perfect before you take action is like wanting to reach a destination without travel."

Return to “Art Bell Archive”