New Shows (From Art)

Moderator: Super Moderators

alfa119
Pirate

Post by alfa119 » 04-02-2008 03:51 AM

as I turned up my speakers to listen to the show...

to hear from the high desert and the great american southwest, I bid you all good evening, or good morning, whatever the case may be... as the introduction went on, you could always feel the excitement build and the tension grow.. as Art would start off the show as if it were just another show, of open lines...

then somewhere in the middle of taking calls, Art would pause and say.. . here's what I am going to do... I am going to turn the first time caller line into the Government employee line, or time traveler line, or even the area 51 employee line... and then as Art announced what line it would be for the evening, you could feel the tension grow, as it could be cut with a knife, as people sat on the edge of their seats, just sitting and waiting...

and then...

it happened.... Art picked up the Area 51 line... and there was a person scared out of his mind... on the other end of the phone... the fear and panic were clear.. as people leaned forward and turned up their radios just a little more so they would not miss it...

The tension grew as people listened to the call... the listeners could feel the fear and panic as if it were their own...

Then out of nowhere... the call fades away and a previous show being simulcast was brought in to fill the space... and people were confused... not sure what was going on....

Then after the break, here is Art Back on the air... explaining what went on and how they are on a backup feed to finish the show...

what a rush, and what a ride..

The many shows that you have done Art, have pushed many people to the edge of their seats so many times...

I have talked to many people that have gotten into internet radio, and when asked who inspired them... I hear the same name over and over again... ART BELL.. one name, all the time.

IF this show was a roller coaster ride at an amusement park, then we all have bought season tickets, for the past many years... and as this season comes to a close and so does this ride... the lights dim and fade to black as the music goes softly into the night... "This ride is now closed" the man says over the loud speaker... and points to the exit, as those who have been on the ride for so many seasons, can not believe its over...

they think back at all the happy times they had, as they slowly exit into the darkness of night...

My Best to you and your family,

Alfa119

WestBorder
Pirate

Post by WestBorder » 04-02-2008 12:47 PM

alfa119 - beautiful writing. I was deeply moved by it. Thank you

WestBorder.
Anchors Aweigh!

badspell
Pirate

Post by badspell » 04-02-2008 07:51 PM

THE AB'S WILL BE BACK ! You don't even need to be a psychic or a remote viewer to see that one. Questions are. Where? When?
I truly believe Art loves this forum and will advise us when necessary.

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 04-03-2008 02:40 AM

Art, when your contract runs out with Premiere, will they still be allowed to air your classic shows or not?

That's the ONLY reason I subscribe to streamlink. Your rerun classics and whenever you are live! :)
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

Coastin
Pirate

Post by Coastin » 04-03-2008 11:50 AM

That is also the only reason I subscribe. They would sure be dumb to take all of the Art Bell stuff out.. They would lose a ton of subscribers.

Capt Tuttle
Pirate

Post by Capt Tuttle » 04-03-2008 12:58 PM

Great point Ziroc and Coastin.

Likewise that is the only reason I subscribe.

I do listen to George Knapp though.

I have not listened nor downloaded the weekly shows in a LONG time.

There is no way I would keep the subscription without Art's classic and Somewhere in Time.

-Capt Tuttle.
"Be good"
-Mom

dto
Pirate

Post by dto » 04-03-2008 01:53 PM

Capt Tuttle wrote: Likewise that is the only reason I subscribe.

Same here, but I just let my subscription run out and I don't expect to renew it any time soon. I'll probably just record the Punnett and Knapp shows I'm interested in from here on out.

If his contract with Premiere expires, I'd love to see him do a show that competes directly with C2C. Since he has stated that he isn't interested in doing the 5-nights-a-week thing anymore, at best I suppose it would be one or two shows on the weekend.

Imagine C2C's already shrinking numbers if Art had a show on at the same time. :)

Dr. Jones
Pirate

Post by Dr. Jones » 04-04-2008 11:46 AM

I'd love to see Art retain the rights to all his broadcasts and then make them available for a subscription fee or pay-per-week or somesuch.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-04-2008 03:01 PM

Art talked about that Dr. Jones.......probably don't have it right but most of the shows in the nineties belonged to broadcast.com and Art didn't have the rights to them, after that I don't know if Art or Coast had the rights, don't think Art would ever charge for his shows, still remember how angry he was when Coast started charging, infact Art got it cheaper for us at the time. I do also remember when Coast was selling the top 100, don't know if Art was involved in that. Since I am not sure of any of this, hey Art when you get the chance please tell us how it is with the past shows.

dto
Pirate

Post by dto » 04-05-2008 05:51 PM

Shirleypal wrote: probably don't have it right but most of the shows in the nineties belonged to broadcast.com and Art didn't have the rights to them

I seem to recall a vast archive of RealAudio files back in the 90s at artbell.com. After they were gone I was kicking myself for not grabbing as many as I could.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-05-2008 07:10 PM

dto wrote: I seem to recall a vast archive of RealAudio files back in the 90s at artbell.com. After they were gone I was kicking myself for not grabbing as many as I could.

I beleive Art had a link to broadcast.com at that time...

Conscious
Pirate

Post by Conscious » 04-05-2008 11:07 PM

dto -- your wish is my command... Grab 'em!

More Gold Here
The only fact that I know about consciousness is that I'm 'Conscious'.

eagle
Pirate

Post by eagle » 04-06-2008 04:17 AM

I'ts been nice listening to you and maybe we will hear Asia on the radio in the future.

Art Bell
The East

From Art

Post by Art Bell » 04-06-2008 07:14 PM

Hi again,

I said my Contract is close to done, not done yet, so hang in there. I may do a show yet this Month.

As for post Contract, that is something I can not discuss here as you might guess.

Art

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-06-2008 07:26 PM

Thanks Art, I know you said "may" be some of the last shows at least under your current contract, you never said you were done forever, looking forward to much more in the future. Will be great hearing you again this month if that works out.:)

Return to “Art Bell Archive”