From Art Bell

Moderator: Super Moderators

Art Bell
The East

From Art Bell

Post by Art Bell » 02-10-2009 12:07 AM

Hi everybody,

I have come to the conclusion that despite the best/worst efforts of our Gov't we are headed for a Depression.

Our biggest Banks are insolvent now and the worst news is ahead. The amount of debt that can not be covered is simply too much.

The America that we have all grown up with and thought was simply to big, rich, powerful to fail will fail. It may not be right away because we will borrow our Dollar to death to put off the time of demise, so it is just a matter of when. Protect yourselves.

I am taking the steps I feel prudent to protect my Family as best as I am able, please do the same with yours.

I hope I am wrong but every nerve in my body tells me it is so.

I will be on air on the 20th I think. Beyond that I will update you as soon as my plans are firm.

All the Bells are well.

Art

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 02-10-2009 12:21 AM

Hi Art. I believe you are right about the economy. What we manage to save, in the end, will not look much at all like the economy we have had.

Great to hear from you, and that you are taking steps to protect your family from what lies ahead.

There may be something coming that will provide a real boost to the economy. Something very innovative that we cannot quite envision at this time. My psychic sense is that there will be a gathering of technologies and entrepreneurs who will emerge - at first in a trickle - and then in a flood of changes that will amaze us.

Looking forward to your live show on Feb 20th! Very much, indeed.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 02-10-2009 12:24 AM

Art, Maybe you can get Capt Sully on for a first hour guest. Would love to have you debrief him, as a pilot yourself, on his Miracle on the Hudson experience.

racehorse
Pirate

Re: From Art Bell

Post by racehorse » 02-10-2009 12:25 AM

Art Bell wrote: Hi everybody,

I have come to the conclusion that despite the best/worst efforts of our Gov't we are headed for a Depression.

Our biggest Banks are insolvent now and the worst news is ahead. The amount of debt that can not be covered is simply too much.

The America that we have all grown up with and thought was simply to big, rich, powerful to fail will fail. It may not be right away because we will borrow our Dollar to death to put off the time of demise, so it is just a matter of when. Protect yourselves.

I am taking the steps I feel prudent to protect my Family as best as I am able, please do the same with yours.

I hope I am wrong but every nerve in my body tells me it is so.

I will be on air on the 20th I think. Beyond that I will update you as soon as my plans are firm.

All the Bells are well.

Art

Hello Art, :)

It is great to hear from you, as always. I also sincerely hope that you are wrong on this. Actually, I believe that you are. Still, I understand that you must do whatever you feel is necessay to protect your family.

I will be looking forward to hearing you on "Coast" on February 20th and especially on your further plans whenever you can elaborate further.

I remain confident that better days are ahead for all of us and genuinely think that my view is correct on this. If as I believe, we make our own reality, it can be anything we decide that it will be. Try to stay optimistic to the extent that you can, Art. It may make all the difference between the best of all worlds and the worst of all worlds for you and your loved ones, as well as others.

As always, I wish you, Airyn, and Asia the very best of everything. Please take care.
Last edited by racehorse on 02-10-2009 12:27 AM, edited 1 time in total.
racehorse

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 02-10-2009 12:27 AM

Hi Art !! God Bless you and your family. My family has been in protection mode for a while now. Out of darkness always comes light though, I believe that.

Damn I miss you on the air waves. You brought my husband and I together, no one and I mean no one has ever done radio the way you did.

Can't wait to hear you on the 20th. May your family always be safe and blessed.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 02-10-2009 12:43 AM

Hello Art, so good to hear from you, looking forward to hearing you again on the 20th, we need your imput more than ever, I am trying to stay positive as hard as it is at times. We need to keep the faith during these dark times.

Linnea

Astrology of US Airways Flight 1549

Post by Linnea » 02-10-2009 12:45 AM

Art - check out this link to a thread here on the Fantastic Forum - regarding the amazing astrological aspects of Flight 1549:

showthread.php?s=&threadid=37990

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 02-10-2009 01:09 AM

Hi Art! :D

I sadly have to agree with much of your analysis of the economic situation based upon the debt load that so many Americans, and the corporations many of us work for are carrying. No stimulus plan can adequately address this issue - nor do I expect our government to try. The fact is, our elected politicians do not have the courage to bluntly address the reality of the situation - as the events of the last week have shown.

What a problem we face, the world needs us to spend.... yet we need to stop incurring more and more personal debt. The Chinese people are reluctant to spend their money, and we are in debt up to our ears, what happens next? The possibilities are truly frightening.

If I may be so bold, I would like to recommend a book that I think you would enjoy, and suggest that the author of this book would be an excellent guest on the program - I have been pushing the heck out of this book at my store as I find the subject matter fascinating:

"The Next 100 Years" - by George Friedman

In his long-awaited and provocative new book, George Friedman turns his eye on the future—offering a lucid, highly readable forecast of the changes we can expect around the world during the twenty-first century. He explains where and why future wars will erupt (and how they will be fought), which nations will gain and lose economic and political power, and how new technologies and cultural trends will alter the way we live in the new century.
The Next 100 Years draws on a fascinating exploration of history and geopolitical patterns dating back hundreds of years. Friedman shows that we are now, for the first time in half a millennium, at the dawn of a new era—with changes in store, including:

• The U.S.-Jihadist war will conclude—replaced by a second full-blown cold war with Russia.
• China will undergo a major extended internal crisis, and Mexico will emerge as an important world power.
• A new global war will unfold toward the middle of the century between the United States and an unexpected coalition from Eastern Europe, Eurasia, and the Far East; but armies will be much smaller and wars will be less deadly.
• Technology will focus on space—both for major military uses and for a dramatic new energy resource that will have radical environmental implications.
• The United States will experience a Golden Age in the second half of the century.

Random House - "The Next 100 Years"

I think that this book is right up your alley, and that you might find the authors website to be of interest as well:

Stratfor.com - Global Intelligence
Last edited by Kaztronic on 02-10-2009 01:12 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

goodfello
Pirate

Post by goodfello » 02-10-2009 12:20 PM

Hello Art

Thank you for dropping us a line to let us know your status and what is on your mind. I do think these are very unsure times we live in. It worries me greatly. I too will be waiting for the 20th and do hold out hope that we will be able to hear you on a more regular basis. May God bless you and your family!

Peace to you Art Bell

Bill C

Cincinnati
Be well!

Supernova
Pirate

Post by Supernova » 02-10-2009 12:58 PM

Art,

For the first time in my life I am VERY scared - and this from a person who has lived through a war in Africa. Events in the last 24 hours has added to my concerns. I am actually thinking of buying a gun. After listening to various pundits I believe we are in an unstopable slide towards anarchy. How bad it will get is anybody's guess but one thing is for sure, there will be a lot of hungry unemployed people who will be angry - very angry. I agree with all you said about being prepared. I hope I am wrong and this turns out to be just another y2k.

Supernova.

WestBorder
Pirate

Post by WestBorder » 02-10-2009 03:20 PM

Hey Art,

Good to hear from you and good to know that all of you are well. Looking forward to the 20th...we will be listening. Also looking forward to hearing about future plans, regardless of what you decide.

Take care.

WestBorder and MapleGirl
Anchors Aweigh!

ArtBellfan
Pirate

Post by ArtBellfan » 02-10-2009 06:30 PM

Really appreciate you taking the time to stop by and give us a heads up. Always makes my day. Although I wish the tone was a bit more positive. Maybe we need to crash and start anew.

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 02-10-2009 08:03 PM

Hi, Art. Thanks for dropping in and sharing your thoughts--or fears--about the economy and the state of the Nation. I hope that you are wrong, but that is only a hope. For certain, there is no easy way out of this mess; we've labored long and hard to get ourselves into it. Maybe it's time to focus on things that are bigger and more important than our material well-being, like your return to the airwaves!
Anchors Aweigh

1ATKRYD
Pirate

Post by 1ATKRYD » 02-11-2009 08:26 PM

Hi Art, I have been hoping you'd drop us all a line, thanks. I know things may seem dark and bad according to what the media tells us. But we will persevere and come out better and stronger from this.

What I have learned from you over the years it to take care of yourself and plan. Reach out into our community when you can. Together we will survive!

I look forward to you on the 20th, I'll be driving across the great west as you are on, just like the when I first found your show on the AM. Hope to hear more from you in the future. A couple times a year just isn't enough.

Take care my friend.

Mike M
Port Washington WI

1ATKRYD
"Wanna Take A Ride"
Anywhere west of the Continental Divide puts a smile on my face.

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 02-11-2009 09:42 PM

I think your gut is correct, Art, Deflationary Depression in the US is only few quarters away. October??? That's always a crappy economic month. Unless something geo-politically triggers it more quickly.

Take care of you and yours...

I'm all in cash and a few TIPs but watching those carefully. Go long gold/silver (physical), grains and guns...oh yes, cat food and kitty litter. That will be hard to get ahold of when the SHTF.

Best wishes
;)
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Return to “Art Bell Archive”