Bell's back in the Philippines

Moderator: Super Moderators

Art Bell
The East

Bell's back in the Philippines

Post by Art Bell » 03-16-2009 11:40 PM

Hi everybody!

The Bells have returned to the Philippines! We have done it for many reasons. They include Airyn's Family and much more. Pahrump is a wonderful private quite town however for a 21 Month old young lady it is too quite. Here we have lots of other children around. We have great International schools, Catholic.
We have swimming pools for big kids (me) and Asia sized. We have hired a Ya-Ya ( house keeper-child care) who will live in 24/7 for $60.00 a Month (Friend of Airyn's Family.

Yetti, Abby and Dolly are at this moment winging their way here by way of Amsterdam, Holland. Get this, The three of us came here on Korean Airlines for $1,300. Our (3) cats cost $6,000!!!
I now have $18,000 in cat travel racked up. I hope they are hand fed caviar at every stop and given Massage and lots of treats.

The Economy here is good and living is cheap compared to the States. I have not changed my opinion that a Depression is on the way. I have studied the Great Depression and if you do so you will see that it was a double crash which is what I expect will happen within a couple of Years. I truly hope I am wrong.

I should be able to do shows from here every now and then, I am still set up for it though I have to get the ISDN line hooked up
again.

We are still jet lagged and my back is killing me but all that should be better soon.

It is Summertime here and very warm. As many of you know I love the Far East and so we are very happy. I will write more as
we recover from the trip. I would be glad to answer any questions any of you have.

Art, Airyn & Asia

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 03-16-2009 11:48 PM

Hello Art, :)

I wish you, Airyn, and Asia a very Happy Life in the Philippines. Please know that you are greatly loved and be very careful. I hope that you are able to broadcast shows more often, despite the distance. If you have any future plans regarding broadcasting or anything else that you can discuss, I hope that you can share them with your Pirate family.

I wish all of you the very best, as always.

Please take great care.
racehorse

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 03-17-2009 12:04 AM

Hello Art, heard you left the country a few days ago...I wish you and your family much luck and understand why you would want Asia to be around family and other children. Glad to hear you will still be doing shows once in awhile........
Love to you, Airyn and Asia.

Shirley

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 03-17-2009 12:08 AM

Very glad to hear you and your family are settled in a new home. I had often thought there would not be enough of the world to experience for Asia in Pahrump. Even with Area 51 nearby. Now she will be a true global citizen. :) Very cool.

You and Airyn are geeks - and should be able - if you will - to set up your webcam there - after you get settled. And, hopefully will keep in touch from time to time with us here. This is important to us, and hopefully to you as well. We exist as a family on the world wide web, and, you are very dear to us.

Check out this article from Scientific American that Shirley put up - on Tim Berners-Lee and the 20th anniversary of the WWW:

showthread.php?s=&threadid=38810

Fascinating article! Not be be missed.

Hope to hear you on the air from time to time as well - if that works out. As for the economy - yah, we will be alright. As the US goes - goes the world. Things are already looking up. (psychic impressions/astrology...and etc)

Well - as the famous vulcan said:

Live Long and Prosper!

Hugs to Airyn, Asia and the kitties when they get home.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 03-17-2009 12:17 AM

Will Sharon and Carl be moving back to Philippines as well? None of my business. Just curious.

;)

Also - you have probably sold your property here in the States? If yes, hope you got a decent price.

MentalMidget
Pirate

Post by MentalMidget » 03-17-2009 01:07 AM

Take Care Art!
I like it over there also.

Man, that balmy weather is probably my best memory along with that certain charcoal that is used there.

hehe
What a thing to remember!

You have my best wishes for your family and collective future.

Scott
Life in and of itself is the one true miracle.

Art Bell
The East

Questions

Post by Art Bell » 03-17-2009 01:11 AM

I think Carl and Sharon are considering what to do. They may visit at the end of the Year.

As for the home in Pahrump, no we are not selling it. Besides the market is awful.

ABs

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 03-17-2009 10:10 AM

Good to hear from ya Art! Was getting worried there :)
Home is where the heart is, so follow it, and you'll be happy!

Hope to listen to some new shows from ya soon!

73's!

Ziroc
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 03-17-2009 12:27 PM

Live well Art, many blessings to your family. :)

WestBorder
Pirate

Post by WestBorder » 03-17-2009 12:40 PM

Hiya Art!

Good to hear that all is well with you and the other AB's. Also good to hear that at least one national economy isn't in the tank. :rolleyes: I had a sense that you were planning a move, and I'm pleased that its worked out well for you and the fam.

It's good news that we'll still be able to hear from you on the air from time-to-time. I know you consider yourself "just a radio talk show host," but we enjoy your perspective and your insight on issues...and we just enjoy hearing you on the air! :)

Keep in touch and on this St. Patricius' Day - Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh!

WestBorder and MapleGirl (Thomas and Brenda)
Anchors Aweigh!

ArtBellfan
Pirate

Post by ArtBellfan » 03-17-2009 01:58 PM

Glad to see you made it ok. Sorry to hear your back is bothering you....although it's ironic I had back spasms yesterday and can barely move or even breath that well at the moment due to it. Hoping and praying to hear you on air a bit as others have said we miss hearing from you. Also, any chances ( I will pay postage) I can get an auto'd photo to my wife and little Westie? Would love to have that hanging in the basement as we spend time in the dark listening to a show.

Starry Night
Pirate

Post by Starry Night » 03-17-2009 10:01 PM

Art, great to hear from you! Life is too short, and we at the Fantastic Forum wish you the best. Live well, friend!

I hope to hear you "Live from Manila" soon.

tpete
Pirate

Post by tpete » 03-19-2009 09:55 PM

Great to hear from you, Art -- we appreciate it. My best wishes for you in the Philippines. (Smart to keep the house in NV, too. No sense in selling low.)

Tim

roadrunner
Pirate

coast

Post by roadrunner » 03-22-2009 05:51 AM

hey art love you on coast to coast man, im ian from England. sure miss you. nice to here you settled in the philippines how are the cats im a cat lover lol oh and do you miss JC hehehe :p
Last edited by roadrunner on 03-22-2009 07:56 AM, edited 1 time in total.

DesertOfTheSea
Pirate

Post by DesertOfTheSea » 03-22-2009 10:42 PM

Art,

It's always great to pop into the forum and read your updates. It's like hearing from an old friend. Please post pics of the Philippines whenever you get a chance. I'm not sure if I'll ever make it there so I'd like to get an idea of what it truly looks like. Take care...

Chas

p.s. Who is/was your favorite guest you interviewed and is there one particular show that is most memorable to you? How do you feel about those of us who collect the older shows and archive them?
Last edited by DesertOfTheSea on 03-22-2009 10:45 PM, edited 1 time in total.
#1 Art Bell Fan (in the high desert).

Return to “Art Bell Archive”