Bell's back in the Philippines

Moderator: Super Moderators

Liatris
Pirate

Post by Liatris » 08-26-2009 01:01 AM

Hello Art,

It all sounds good.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Regarding trying to keep options open with Airyn regarding possibly being in the US for a while in the future (Asia and college) - I know you have your home established in Nevada but, in my opinion, there are more lush and, dare I say, more beautiful environments that may appeal more to Airyn. I, myself, live in the rural Northeast with it's green, soft and rolling mountains, streams, meadows, and forests with my property affording me a lot of privacy and yet, I am minutes to town (actually a nice, active country village). A situation like that would be similar to what you have in Pahrump in terms of privacy but you'd have the proximity to other children, restaurants, shopping, all sorts of activities, school, etc - but in minutes you could be home.

I was wondering if there was any chance of putting that adorable child of yours up to the mic when you are on the air next so that we could hear the multi-lingual little chatterbox's voice :-) . I imagine her to be intelligent, bright, communicative and she really is incredibly adorable.

She looked like such a cute and "cheeky" (British for cutely brave and mischevious) little imp in the photo of her on the couch between Airyn and and your ya-ya where she is grinning as if she were ready to burst with excitement. She is special.

Look forward to hearing you on the air.

tpete
Pirate

Post by tpete » 08-26-2009 04:16 PM

A happy family makes a happy house. We miss you, but it sounds like you're doing things right by yourself. I'm very happy for you.

Looking forward to the end of the month. Any thoughts yet about a topic?

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 08-26-2009 09:46 PM

Hi Art, glad you are happy. :)

goodfello
Pirate

Post by goodfello » 08-27-2009 06:58 PM

Hi Art.
I am glad you and family are happy. I have to say that you have inspired me. I have been thinking about visiting the islands over in that part of the world. I am 47 years old and about to embark on major life changes. I really need a change of scenery. I love the Philippine people. So peaceful! I am really impressed with the cost of living there. I just wonder how secure it is and how volatile is can be? I would like to learn more. I am in the process of selling my business here in the states and am looking for a new adventure. You have really shed a beautiful light on your new home. I’m intrigued. You surely have been blessed.

Peace and Gods blessings to you and your family Art Bell.

Bill C
Be well!

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 08-28-2009 09:29 AM

I don't understand why Art is so restless in his old age. I also don't understand why Art ever retired. OK, OK, so doing Coast-to-Coast five or even six nights a week is too much of a grind. But why couldn't Art have interviewed a UFO/psi superstar at his leisure and then have Coast-to-Coast to replay it on one of those dreadful Friday nights?

Art may not have a PhD from Harvard in parapsychology (fat chance of Harvard ever offering a degree in THAT!), but he is easily one of the finest experts in the field. He's no longer --- he has not been for a long time --- just another talk-show host who has grabbed on to some catchy angle. Art doing his thing in his 70s --- a thing that requires both age and experience --- would have been something to hear. And it ain't happening. As much as I respect Art, I am annoyed about that... :(
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

ArtBellfan
Pirate

Post by ArtBellfan » 08-28-2009 09:44 AM

Glad you are happy Art and glad to have you update us as well. Still miss on the air though,but it sounds like you are happy and that's all that matters.

Art Bell
The East

Answers?

Post by Art Bell » 08-29-2009 01:52 AM

Is it safe here? Yes, unless you go to the southern most Island and stick your tounge out at the Rebels. My feeling is that it is safer here than most large U.S. cities. If you read the State Dept. warnings it does not sound safe and that keeps the riff raff away.
If the U.S. State Dept. issued warnings for the U.S. I wonder what they would say about many of our cities?

I worked 5-6 days a Week from the time I was 17 Till I was 62. After I lost Mona my life changed, truly tragic because I expected to enjoy my latter Years with her and she deserved it. However you can not change what God mandates is your path. I could indeed no doubt keep doing the show till I dropped dead but I want to sample some life outside radio because it has been my whole life and it is just possible thats the only one we get.

I will do shows every now and then.

Art

rumike
Pirate

Post by rumike » 08-29-2009 02:02 AM

And thank you, Art for doing those shows now and then. They are treasured. Your post really put things in perspective - I am very glad you have chosen to follow your bliss, to experience more of life! What you have just said is very inspirational to me.
Anchors Aweigh!

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 08-29-2009 02:03 AM

Hi Art :),

You should pursue what you feel is right for you and your family, as you are doing.

I am very grateful that we will still have the opportunity to hear you when we do. It is something to look forward to.

Take care, Art.

I wish you, Airyn, and Asia the very best.
racehorse

WestBorder
Pirate

Post by WestBorder » 08-29-2009 05:07 PM

Hey Art,

As always, I appreciate your posts, this most recent one especially. I am happy your desire to do the show, even on occasion, still exists. When you lose your soulmate, there are always things that don't pass through that time of grief and mourning. I am happy that radio did and that you still broadcast. I am also happy that you are experiencing life and not allowing yourself to be completely consumed by your career for the rest of your life. That is wisdom.

Thanks again for all of your time on radio, in the past and in the present. Here's looking forward your show tomorrow night! :)

WB
Anchors Aweigh!

badspell
Pirate

Post by badspell » 08-29-2009 05:31 PM

Art
Enjoy your well-deserved retirement.
:)

and thanks for creating the second to none radio program!
All hear few listen

tpete
Pirate

Post by tpete » 08-30-2009 09:44 PM

Rock on, Art. Do what you want, because you only have to answer to yourself (and your family). When we get to hear more of you, we'll appreciate it. Simple as that. Be happy.

Hey, could I propose a topic for a future show? What about something optimistic? Anything, really. I think we could use a hopeful take on things from your perspective.

Thanks for everything, and that's for checking in.
Last edited by tpete on 08-30-2009 10:49 PM, edited 1 time in total.

roadrunner
Pirate

Post by roadrunner » 09-05-2009 10:00 AM

ha ha ha art like the bit where you seid. My feeling is that it is safer here than most large U.S. cities. If you read the State Dept. warnings it does not sound safe and that keeps the riff raff away.
dose that mean the likes of a j c. lmao hehehe hope your doing fine and the cats are ok hope there not in some resterrant :( just messing
Last edited by roadrunner on 09-05-2009 10:03 AM, edited 1 time in total.

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 09-19-2009 04:05 PM

Hey Art... Hoping all is well in your part of the world. Also, looking forward to listening to you on 9/25!!!

Art Bell
The East

From Art

Post by Art Bell » 09-22-2009 02:58 AM

All is well on this side of the Dateline! I am on my 4th
or 5th attempt at quitting smoking so the show this
Saturday should be interesting because I think we went
to the Moon. I will attempt to be polite.

The rain here has been unrelenting, should be ending
soon. Bob and Sue Crane will visit next Month and we are
all looking forward to that, the beaches here are awesome.

Went shopping at a local Mall that sells copies and I am now
looking at my brand new $60.00 Rolex watch. Looks just
like the real thing.

Later,

Art

Return to “Art Bell Archive”