Where IS Art Bell?

Moderator: Super Moderators

Where IS Art Bell?

Post by Guest » 03-28-2002 01:30 AM

I don't know what y'all might think, but what the hell happened to Art Bell? His shows for the past 2 weeks (with one or two notable exceptions) have really been below standard. Nothing about Ghosts, or UFO's or Government Conspiracies or OBE's...NOTHING! Give me something that doesn't bore me to death in the first ten minutes and make me want to go to bed. Has somebody put the kabosh on Art or what. I listened last night for about 30 minutes and then turned the bloody thing off because the guest was a bore and a fake with nothing substantial.

We have done a full sensor sweep for Life signs while in orbit above the high desert.
I'm assembling an Away Team to go search for Art. The following Personnel will meet me in Transporter Room 3:

Chief Medical Officer M'Aryals
Security Chief Doctor Who
Science Officer T'Lar
Ship's Counsellor Daboodaddy
Lt. David Carstairs
Lt. Tony Newman

Lt. Commander Sexton, you have the Conn.

------------------
Peace,

Captain Kundalini

Elk
Pirate

Post by Elk » 03-28-2002 02:43 AM

eliza_nightvoice
Pirate

Post by eliza_nightvoice » 03-28-2002 03:31 AM

As I said before (somewhere), he now has good handlers and a well-trained staff.

Barry
Pirate

Post by Barry » 03-28-2002 01:34 PM

I think it has something to do with the Gov wanting to dump all thart NUKE waist in his backyard!
Barry
Chief Engineer
LTC Armstrong

Tai'a T'Lar
Pirate

Post by Tai'a T'Lar » 03-28-2002 03:56 PM

Tai'a T'Lar
Science Officer
USS Excalibur
Star Date 21235.53

A review of astrological science logs for earth date 032802 shows Mr Art Bell has some very challenging astrological aspects upcoming, which will have a profound impact upon Mr Bell and his radio show.

Here is a link to an natal chart for Art Bell - Note the stellium of planets in the tenth house - or career house - of this chart. The transiting Saturn will soon be conjuncting the midheaven point of this natal chart, and aspecting in turn by conjunction, the planets in the 10th house.

Art Bell Astro Chart

A transit of Saturn conjunct the midheaven and through the tenth house of a natal chart will bring many challenges and changes. Sometimes denoting a 'fall from grace'. Will be posting excerpts from report for Art Bell - beginning soon. Check this topic later this evening for the first installment of the astro report.

Peace
\/

Night Owl
Pirate

Post by Night Owl » 03-29-2002 02:38 AM

I don't know whats worse, reruns or new boring shows.

------------------
Night Owl
Night Owl

Post by Guest » 03-30-2002 06:27 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by maryals:
Chief Medical Officer M'Aryals reports Sir:
Art Bell's back problem is well documented, nothing new to report on that issue. Healing is progressing as expected.
I have a Theory, my Personal Opinion, that I would like to share with Ship's Councilor Daboodaddy.
Art Bell is savvy and smart. IMO he is taking "direction" from "Suits", doing what they dictate, to the Nth degree in order to make a point; what the Suits want is dull, boring, angers and allienates the Fans and Regular Listeners.
This is my Personal Opinion.

</font>
Thank you for your report, Dr. I concurr with your findings. Mr. Bell is listening to the "Suits". The thing is, the Suits don't give a damn about Art or his show or his fans. All they care about is Almighty Dollar. Maybe that's why Art's show is almost wall to wall with commercials, particularly all this "Snake Oil" stuff like HGH, etc.
Art is going to have to make a decision soon about what means the most to him: The Listeners or the Suits.
Say, are the Suits picking up the bill? Image

Barry
Pirate

Post by Barry » 03-30-2002 08:14 PM

I believe you've hit the nail on the head Captain! It's always comes down to the bottom line: $$$$$$$$$$!

Barry
------------
My brain hurts!
Chief Engineer
LTC Armstrong

Post by Guest » 03-30-2002 11:18 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Barry:
I believe you've hit the nail on the head Captain! It's always comes down to the bottom line: $$$$$$$$$$!

Barry
------------
My brain hurts!
</font>
You better head down to Sickbay and get that brain ache checked out. The good Doctor will fix you up.

Post by Guest » 03-30-2002 11:22 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by maryals:
Hey Barry....a big ol' plate of fried Spam will clear up that brain hurt Image
As for what I was trying to say....the Suits won't get $$$$$ if the Fans and Listeners start turning their radios off.

</font>
"a big ol' plate of fried Spam"?

I think I'll go see the Doc myself...because I think I'm going to be sick. :-/

Sandreckoner
Pirate

Post by Sandreckoner » 03-31-2002 03:42 PM

IMHO many of Art's subjects have been boring for quite some time, and whatever he's hawking now is not, at it's base, any worse than what he's hawked in the past.

But frankly I've found many shows boring for some time. I don't really care to hear a tenth show where he interviews a "real witch" - I think we got the point the first time around, it hasn't been interesting since then. But that pales in comparison to all the self-help stuff, although I'd much rather listen to Art do one of these self-help/improve your inner being/astral projection type shows than one of the guest hosts. I don't even bother tuning in on the weekends any more, but made the mistake of doing so on Friday and Saturday only to hear George Noory talking about dreams (about the 100th show on dreams) and then Barbara Simpson on Saturday talking about how magnets can help your life.

I remember in 1996 or so clattering around in my 76 Oldsmobile in far different financial times, cruising down the road at 2 or 3 in the morning, dropped lifters clickity-clacking and the AM radio periodically fuzzing up listening to Art talk about the latest UFO sightings (which small or large were at least interesting), talking to any number of scientists or astronomers (I remember some fascinating interviews with such folk, talking about interesting satellites to strange phenomena), weird happenings and all manner of interesting things. Hell even Richard Hoagland is at least _interesting_ just to hear what he's going to say.

The more I think about the road the show has gone down for several years now the more depressing it is. Tonight we have "Riddle of the Exodus", which may or may not be interesting. Heck, just skimming through the 'Quickening' news reveals a huge number of potential old-style Art Bell subjects he could pursue.

ElKamino
Dark Enity

Post by ElKamino » 03-31-2002 06:19 PM

So, there we were, on the northwest coast of Washington state, about 50 yards from the Pacific ocean. We had pulled in about an hour earlier to a campground known as Kalaloch. Finding a site was a piece of cake as everybody, but the most hardy, had pulled out when the rain began. I quickly determined that sleeping in the tent was out. The ground was soaked and not much more than a lake of mud. I sat up the tent underneath a tree and loaded the coolers and other waterproof gear into it. I then inflated the air mattress and set up sleeping quarters in the back of the truck. I stretched a large tarp over the back of the canopy and fired off the Coleman stove right there on the tailgate. There was enough room under the tarp to accomodate two chairs and a small table. We ate dinner and talked. Maybe it was raining like a sonuvagun, but we were still having fun. Nothing like an adventure to keep the spirits up. About nine thirty or so, we decided to call it a night and turn in. We managed to get settled in for the night. It was comfortable, but the sound of the rain was annoying, as it tap, tap, tapped on the roof of the canopy. It suddenly occured to me that maybe I could pull in Art Bell from a station somewhere along the coast. I fished out my portable shortwave reciever and began tuning around. Suddenly, there he was! Art was in my radio from CFUN vancouver B.C. Not a bad signal, only fading every now and again. I laid back down and listened to Art yak about a UFO sighting somewhere in the midwest. All of a sudden, he changed subjects. There had been an earthquake somewhere in the south Pacific, and there was a tsunami warning issued for the west coast of the United States. I sat straight up and stared into the darkness. "Holy crap!" I barked. Here I was, right on the coast...the west coast! That is what Art said isnt it? The west coast? I was less than a stones throw from that very ocean. We were no more than fifeteen feet above the surf. This just wont do, I thought. We gotta get the hell out of here! I nudged my lady and told her what was up. She told me I was nuts. After a moment, she looked up at me and said, "Are you serious?" "Damn tootin'!" I answered. "I just heard it on Art Bell!" We sat there debating on whether to pick up and split or wait and see what was going on. After the usual flurry of commercials, Art returned and once again spoke of the earthquake. This time I listened closely. It turns out that the warning was for the southern California area and Baja. At best, the wave would be no more than 2 or 3 feet high. There were no reports from Japan or Hawaii. "Well ****!" I said. "Thats a helluva note!" Blondie poked me in the ribs and said, "Why dont you turn that off and go to sleep?" Not a chance in hell Darlin'! I thought to myself. This is Art Bell! One of the few people that can scare the hell out of me! I kicked back and closed my eyes. I began to doze off when I heard Art announce that there had been several UFOs sighted along the Oregon coast. The temptation to peek out the window was strong. I didnt of course. I'd had enough excitment for one night. I sincerely hope that shows like that are not gone forever. But like all good things, I fear they have come to an end. Damn shame really...

Post by Guest » 03-31-2002 08:45 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ElKamino:
So, there we were, on the northwest coast of Washington state, about 50 yards from the Pacific ocean. We had pulled in about an hour earlier to a campground known as Kalaloch. Finding a site was a piece of cake as everybody, but the most hardy, had pulled out when the rain began. I quickly determined that sleeping in the tent was out. The ground was soaked and not much more than a lake of mud. I sat up the tent underneath a tree and loaded the coolers and other waterproof gear into it. I then inflated the air mattress and set up sleeping quarters in the back of the truck. I stretched a large tarp over the back of the canopy and fired off the Coleman stove right there on the tailgate. There was enough room under the tarp to accomodate two chairs and a small table. We ate dinner and talked. Maybe it was raining like a sonuvagun, but we were still having fun. Nothing like an adventure to keep the spirits up. About nine thirty or so, we decided to call it a night and turn in. We managed to get settled in for the night. It was comfortable, but the sound of the rain was annoying, as it tap, tap, tapped on the roof of the canopy. It suddenly occured to me that maybe I could pull in Art Bell from a station somewhere along the coast. I fished out my portable shortwave reciever and began tuning around. Suddenly, there he was! Art was in my radio from CFUN vancouver B.C. Not a bad signal, only fading every now and again. I laid back down and listened to Art yak about a UFO sighting somewhere in the midwest. All of a sudden, he changed subjects. There had been an earthquake somewhere in the south Pacific, and there was a tsunami warning issued for the west coast of the United States. I sat straight up and stared into the darkness. "Holy crap!" I barked. Here I was, right on the coast...the west coast! That is what Art said isnt it? The west coast? I was less than a stones throw from that very ocean. We were no more than fifeteen feet above the surf. This just wont do, I thought. We gotta get the hell out of here! I nudged my lady and told her what was up. She told me I was nuts. After a moment, she looked up at me and said, "Are you serious?" "Damn tootin'!" I answered. "I just heard it on Art Bell!" We sat there debating on whether to pick up and split or wait and see what was going on. After the usual flurry of commercials, Art returned and once again spoke of the earthquake. This time I listened closely. It turns out that the warning was for the southern California area and Baja. At best, the wave would be no more than 2 or 3 feet high. There were no reports from Japan or Hawaii. "Well ****!" I said. "Thats a helluva note!" Blondie poked me in the ribs and said, "Why dont you turn that off and go to sleep?" Not a chance in hell Darlin'! I thought to myself. This is Art Bell! One of the few people that can scare the hell out of me! I kicked back and closed my eyes. I began to doze off when I heard Art announce that there had been several UFOs sighted along the Oregon coast. The temptation to peek out the window was strong. I didnt of course. I'd had enough excitment for one night. I sincerely hope that shows like that are not gone forever. But like all good things, I fear they have come to an end. Damn shame really...</font>
I agree with that post. Image

eliza_nightvoice
Pirate

Post by eliza_nightvoice » 03-31-2002 11:54 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Barry:
My brain hurts!</font>
Forget about the fried spam. Boring! What you need is a floured and fried slabs of scapple and then flood them with either ketchup or maple syrup. Scrapple, for you who have never heard of this rare gastonomocal delight, it is corm meal and hog renderings *including the squeal", boiled together for a long time and pressed into loaves. Mother's milk to the Pennsylvania Dutch. That and funnel cakes, for desert. You'll have such a belly ache that your forget about your headache. Image

eliza_nightvoice
Pirate

Post by eliza_nightvoice » 04-01-2002 12:09 AM

Art's given up. He's just riding out his contract and then turn his creative juices to KNYE. The only problem is, if he has lost the rights to the format and his name to PremRad, it would make it difficult for him to something similar to C2C as an independent.

He must be under tremendous stress over what is happening. Most time extreme pain flair ups are caused by holding muscle tension in the weakest area of the body. Art's weak link is his back.

Don't think that either he or Ramona are happy campers at this point!

Return to “Art Bell Archive 12-2001 to 5-2002”