Fascism in America

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 02-08-2009 06:53 PM

My idea of a fascist is one who dominates, with wit and humor, ala Hitler. Who fascinates people with speech, and then tells them THEY KNOW BETTER! Who drives "enemies" away in a rabid rage. Then withdraws from rabid rage. In apology.

Meanwhile, the voices of reason have been silenced. In favor of small men with small...:eek:

I am NOT done. This Ship will survive without the musing of Joe Quinn. Tried and tested.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Bellisima
Pirate

Post by Bellisima » 02-08-2009 07:12 PM

Gee, I was around then and I never thought Hitler was either witty or humorous.

No one has been silenced here recently except by their own volition.
ImageA silent mouth is sweet to hear.
Irish saying

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 02-08-2009 07:22 PM

A few apt quotations on the subject:

"This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector." -- Plato

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -- U.S. President James Madison

When fascism reaches America, it will be wrapped in a flag and holding a cross.
--Sinclair Lewis, It Can't Happen Here, 1935

Molly Ivins: I came across this quote in a recent obituary for George Gerbner, who headed the Annenberg School for Communication for 25 years: "Fearful people are more dependent, more easily manipulated and controlled, more susceptible to deceptively simple, strong, tough measures and hard-line postures. ... They may accept and even welcome repression if it promises to relieve their insecurities."

Franklin D. Roosevelt: The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to the point where it becomes stronger than the democratic state itself. That in its essence is fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group or any controlling private power. Among us today a concentration of private power without equal in history is growing.

Thomas Jefferson: I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country.

Abraham Lincoln: The money powers prey upon the nation in times of peace and conspire against it in times of adversity. It is more despotic than a monarchy, more insolent than autocracy and more selfish than a bureaucracy. It denounces, as public enemies, all who question its methods or throw light upon its crimes. I have two great enemies, the Southern Army in front of me and the bankers in the rear. Of the two, the one at the rear is my greatest foe. I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. As a result of the war, corporations have been enthroned ... An era of corruption in high places will follow and the money power will endeavor to prolong its reign by working on the prejudices of the people... until wealth is aggregated in a few hands ... and the Republic is destroyed.

An 1803 quote attributed to James Madison goes: "The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe with blood for centuries."

Propaganda is to democracies what violence is to dictatorships. The duty of intellectuals is to tell the truth and expose lie. --Noam Chomsky

In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act George Orwell (author of the novel '1984')

However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act upon them? - Buddha, The Dhammapada

Link
Anchors Aweigh

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 02-08-2009 07:29 PM

Bellisima wrote: No one has been silenced here recently except by their own volition.

Bell, I defer to yer Wisdom in every way.

But for this.

Calling someone a fascist pig with a lesser IQ, with a fascist mentality, and a fascist agenda, here on the Forum, kinda qualifies as silencing.

Just ask the Pirates who have left over this.

If I wanted a "Joe Quinn Blog", I'd subscribe. But frankly, I'd rather drill holes in my head.

When we're ready to move on, please let me know.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 02-08-2009 07:53 PM

Thanks Swerdloc, be ever vigilant.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 02-08-2009 11:22 PM

Originally posted by Live365
Just ask the Pirates who have left over this.

If I wanted a "Joe Quinn Blog", I'd subscribe. But frankly, I'd rather drill holes in my head.

When we're ready to move on, please let me know.

We are ready to move on here at the Fantastic Forum, Live 365. Are you ready?

And - btw - no Pirates have left. Others may have left what they felt was a "Joe Quinn Blog".

As for general nastiness - you seem to be right up there with the best of them, including Joe Quinn.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 02-09-2009 09:19 AM

Linnea wrote: As for general nastiness - you seem to be right up there with the best of them, including Joe Quinn.

Yer point is well received, Linnea! I'm reigned in......

Riddick
Pirate

2007-09-16 C2C George Knapp – Nazi Secret Weapons Project

Post by Riddick » 08-18-2019 04:59 PM

Shirleypal wrote: 02-07-2009 02:32 AM Joseph P. Farrell

http://www.gizadeathstar.com/
George Knapp interviewed Joseph P. Farrell on 09-16-07
I think Art also interviewed him before 2002......

Nazi Secret Weapons Project
Investigator of alternative technologies Joseph P. Farrell joined guest host George Knapp (email) for a discussion on the Bell, a secret Third Reich weapons project that may have involved anti-gravity and manipulation of space-time. After the reunification of Germany, various documents became declassified and it was from these materials that Farrell pieced together the story, though key elements such as diagrams remain missing.

According to the documents, the Bell was a 12-15 ft. tall object with two hollow drums. Into these drums an isotopic serum was poured, and the drums were spun at high speed. The Nazis were trying to create a space-time bubble around the device, which could have potential for propulsion systems and as a weapon, he said. If weaponized, it would "make the hydrogen bomb look like a kitchen match," Farrell declared.

Six scientists that came into proximity of the Bell during its testing died-- it appeared to have the effect of decaying their cells, as though it was speeding up time, he detailed. Farrell suggested that in 1945, after the war, the project was secreted out of Germany and subsequent technology was developed from it, such as flying craft that have been called UFOs. For instance, the object seen in the 1965 Kecksburg sighting bears a number of similarities to descriptions of the Bell. Farrell also touched on the JFK assassination, linking it to a rogue network of nazis.
* LISTEN LINK *
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Right Or Left?

Post by Riddick » 08-18-2019 05:03 PM

Every Republican president since the 1970s has been called a fascist. Ironic, no? After all, fascism has its roots in the left. Dinesh D'Souza, author of The Big Lie, explains.

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”