Mercury Retrograde Dates 2018

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-02-2018 10:30 AM

Mercury retrograde starts on July 26! Learn what Mercury retrograde is, how it can affect your everyday life, and when it will happen next.

What is “Mercury Retrograde”?

We are all influenced by the effect of Mercury in retrograde.

Due to the way our own orbit interacts with those of the other planets, they might sometimes appear to be traveling backward through the night sky with respect to the zodiac. This is, in fact, an illusion, which we call apparent retrograde motion.

Several times a year, it appears as if Mercury is going backwards. These times in particular were traditionally associated with confusions, delay, and frustration.

Perhaps Mercury’s retrograde periods can cause our plans to go awry. However, this is an excellent time to reflect on the past. It’s said that intuition is high during these periods, and coincidences can be extraordinary.
Mercury Retrograde in 2018

In 2018, Mercury will only be retrograde during the date ranges of:

March 23 to April 15
July 26 to August 19
November 17 to December 6

What to Do When Mercury is Retrograde

The planet Mercury rules communication, travel, contracts, automobiles, and such. So, when Mercury is retrograde, remain flexible, allow time for extra travel, and avoid signing contracts. Review projects and plans at these times, but wait until Mercury is direct again to make any final decisions.

About a week or two before Mercury retrogrades, finish any tasks or projects at hand. You can’t stop your life, but plan ahead, have back-up plans, and be prepared for angrier people and miscommunication.

Some people blame Mercury retrograde for “bad” things that happen in their lives. Instead, take this time to sit back and review where you put your energy in your life. For example, if family and faith are important to you, are you putting your energies there or just overextended in other areas? Take a moment to reflect. Mercury retrograde can be an excellent time to take a step back and reanalyze who you are and what you are doing—but do refrain from making any drastic changes until after retrograde has ended.

Mercury and You

The type of influence you feel depends on which of the 12 zodiac signs Earth is in when Mercury goes retrograde.

What’s your Zodiac Sign? See here: “Mercury Retrograde and Zodiac Signs.”

Learn more about zodiac sign profiles in general and check out our monthly horoscopes. Make sure that your gardening does not go awry when Mercury is in retrograde by reading your zodiac profile for gardening.

https://www.almanac.com/content/mercury ... rade-dates
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Mercury Retrograde Dates 2018

Post by Riddick » 08-02-2018 02:50 PM

Thanks for another great and timely trove of info, Doka!

"Mercury retrograde can be an excellent time to take a step back and reanalyze who you are and what you are doing—but do refrain from making any drastic changes until after retrograde has ended."
Yeah that sounds like good advice. I'll still make changes but the drastic stuff can wait til after.

Insofar I'm on the "cusp" of Scorpio & Sagittarius I took from each what "fits" my situation:
"Emotions rule—not common sense—so beware."
"Take care of local affairs. Patience and a sense of humor are needed."

Yep!!
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-09-2018 12:42 AM

So howzit goin' for the rest of ya?

Turns out the automobile and 'allow time for extra travel things' hit me this week

And there's 10 more days to go???

Frankly I could do without this whole Mercury retrograde business Image
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-09-2018 10:22 AM

I'm ready for it to be over, also, just a lot of little irritating stuff, not sure if it is "retro" or just life? But certainly have been more aware of it. ! :?:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 08-11-2018 10:53 PM

Gracious Doka!!!

I do not like Mercry Retrogrades!!!!

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-13-2018 11:52 AM

Went to the local witch's shop to pick up some more sage and dragon's blood to burn around my place as I have already gone through three bags of sage the last time I'd burned over two weeks ago now, and one of the witches in the shop said that this was the worst mercury retrogrades she could remember........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Bad Car Karma?

Post by Riddick » 08-16-2018 01:00 AM

So I had to buy another car 'cause the one I had manifested a couple issues (one I knew about, the other I learned about when I had it in the garage to fix the other issue) that made it not worth the money to fix

30% off what they were asking plus a more than decent trade-in discount made it a little more palatable. STILL, all the same I'd have preferred not to have been thrust so unexpectedly into the car market like that!
Anahoo, I have a car that's dependable, and that's something. Of course, the last one was dependable too, until it wasn't - And I suppose it could've happened anytime. BUT it DID happen during Mercury retrograde

That said I can't argue with your witch, kbot. It's the most onerous one I've had the misfortune to experience
Last edited by Riddick on 08-16-2018 02:46 PM, edited 1 time in total.

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-16-2018 10:32 AM

Supposed to be over Sunday (The 19th). I'm not planning anything until Tuesday, just in case. :D
KARMA RULES

Riddick
Pirate

Thank God It's (Almost) Monday

Post by Riddick » 08-19-2018 05:57 PM

Only 6 more hours to go here (CT)
Mondays aren't usually my fave but this week will be an exception

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “News from a parallel universe”