Whatta wicked day!!!!!

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Whatta wicked day!!!!!

Post by kbot » 10-23-2018 06:44 PM

Nearly a full moon (beayty!!!!!!!!). World Series starts in a few minutes (Go Sox!!!!!!). And a series of tornadoes (WTF??!?) move across Massachusetts and RI causing rush hour havoc.

Breakin' out some brew for a relaxing night!!!!! :mrgreen:

(hopefully.........)
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Whatta wicked day!!!!!

Post by Riddick » 10-23-2018 08:54 PM

I'm only interested in the World Series to the extent I want that the Dodgers go down in flames

Crushing and humiliating defeat is what they deserve for keeping the Brewers from advancing
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 10-24-2018 12:39 AM

Dodgers 4, Red Sox 8

A defeat's a defeat. I'll take it.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-24-2018 11:11 AM

I couldn't stay up to watch it all - faded out by 10:30 and the game went till after midnight.....

Switched on the news @ 4:30 this morning and the line was already forming for tonight's game. We're hoping to freeze 'em out - tonight will be in the 40s. Kinda like the Pats playing the Dolphins in December.......

I was really hoping to see a Sox/ Brewers Word Series as I saw them play back in 1970 in Fenway and again back in '72 - they had a good rivalry until the Brewers went all National on us....... The Brewers looked like a hot team this year.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

YES!!

Post by Riddick » 10-25-2018 01:23 AM

Dodgers 2, Sox 4

Crush. Kill. Destroy.

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-26-2018 06:56 PM

The game in LA starts in a few minutes. No DH, lineup changes....... warmer temps Hoping the Sox take at least one game.......

Riddick
Pirate

Down & Out In LA

Post by Riddick » 10-26-2018 08:49 PM

Home or away I'd like it The Dodgers have no wins. Period.

The sooner they're terminated the happier I'll be

HASTA LA VISTA, BABY

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

DAMN! Damn! Damn!

Post by Riddick » 10-27-2018 03:04 AM

Dodgers 3, Sox 2

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-27-2018 03:22 PM

Tell me about it.......... With so many players being used in last night's/ this morning's game, this could be a very sloppy game later tonight...... Soaking gale all day today. At least it's not snow!!!!!!!

Riddick
Pirate

THIS!

Post by Riddick » 10-28-2018 12:15 AM

Dodgers 6, Sox 9

Now that's more like it!

Another LA loss tonite, & I'll be thrilled by the Dodgers' agony of final defeat

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-28-2018 02:48 PM

Took long enough Riddick. The Sox have a history of their bats going cold and was beginning to think that we'd hit that stretch again. Here's to hoping for tonight!!!!!

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-29-2018 11:48 AM

Sorry Riddick, I know that you wanted to see the Dodgers get theirs (and they certainly did), but at the end of the day, it all comes down to the Yankees........

Red Sox troll Yankees with 'New York, New York' after winning World Series

After winning their fourth World Series title in 15 years, the Boston Red Sox couldn't resist rubbing it in the face of their biggest rival.

Celebrating in the clubhouse after Sunday's clinching Game 5 at Dodger Stadium, Red Sox players blared Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York" and sang along.

The song became a point of contention in the team's rivalry with the New York Yankees when Aaron Judge left Fenway Park playing it on a boombox after a Yankees win in Game 2 of the American League Division Series. Boston won the series in four games and got their payback a few days later, playing the song as they celebrated the clinching game in the Bronx.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/m ... 04687002/

As The Great One said........
Attachments
jackie-gleason-how-sweet-it-is-miami-beach-fl-thomas-pollart.jpg
jackie-gleason-how-sweet-it-is-miami-beach-fl-thomas-pollart.jpg (156.95 KiB) Viewed 6004 times

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 11-04-2018 06:59 PM

We're having a wicked day today in SE WI

Wind, rain, temps in the 40's. Overnight forecast low just shy of freezing.

Not nice... That said it IS November.

At least the round the clock Christmas music hasn't started yet

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Whatta Wicked Game!!!!!

Post by Riddick » 11-04-2018 10:42 PM

Packers V Patriots, tied 17-17 at the end of the 3rd quarter

Patriots are 6-2, Packers are 3-3-1 so far this season

A loss for the Pack tonight would put them in a position Cheeseheads would find particularly discomforting

A tie wouldn't be great either...

A WIN? Yeah, that's the ticket!!

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Whatta Wicked Game!!!!!

Post by Riddick » 11-04-2018 11:36 PM

Riddick wrote: 11-04-2018 10:42 PM Packers V Patriots, tied 17-17 at the end of the 3rd quarter
Final

31-17

The Packers lost

I blame the Patriots

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “News from a parallel universe”