3 Important Life Skills Nobody Ever Taught You

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-05-2019 04:47 PM

This is one of those things that pops up on my browser, that I never pay much attention to, today I did.

And so true! Smile :D

First of all, stop taking everything so personally.

Imagine for a second that I’m your father. I know that may bring up all sorts of awkward and unpleasant connotations, but stay with me here — and until we’re done, just call me “Dad.”

Now, let’s pretend that we’re having one of those intimate heart-to-heart conversations that we all ideally imagine having with our fathers. Maybe we’re sipping beers on the back patio, listening to the crickets and watching the moon slowly find the horizon. Maybe we’re laughing about some movie we just saw or reminiscing about that time you threw the cat in the toilet when you were five.

And in that photo-perfect patio moment, let’s pretend that I’m suddenly inspired by the gods (i.e., three beers) to impart some of that uber-cliched fatherly wisdom to you that’s supposed to completely rearrange the interior decoration of your mind. Let’s pretend that I turn to you, my lovely son/daughter/ambiguously-gendered-person-that-I-don’t-fully-understand-but-still-love-and-accept-unconditionally, and share with you, in all my fatherly wisdom, the three most important life skills that no one has ever told you before.

Rest of Article

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/3-im ... ket-newtab
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “News from a parallel universe”