George Knapp - The Other Side Of Opioids - 11/26/17

To Sail Beyond the Sunset

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

George Knapp - The Other Side Of Opioids - 11/26/17

Post by Riddick » 11-29-2017 09:46 PM

* LISTEN LINK *

Millions of Americans who rely on opioid medications for pain are in anguish because of government pressure to reduce prescriptions. These actions are in response to media reports about an opioid “crisis.” Imagine diabetics being told they can no longer be prescribed insulin.

George Knapp recently produced a multi-part investigative series for KLAS on opioids, and the people who truly need them. On this show he explored pain relief, big pharma, and government intrusion, with multiple physicians and professionals including Dr. Lynn Webster, Josh Bloom, Stephen Ziegler and Richard Lawhern.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Re: George Knapp - The Other Side Of Opioids - 11/26/17

Post by Doka » 11-30-2017 11:28 AM

This is an excellent program. As well as "scary" Physical pain will more than likely get into our lives at one time or more.

Interesting, that your pet, will be able to get more relief than the humans who care for them, after all we cannot let pets suffer...... :rolleyes:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 11-30-2017 05:05 PM

Opioids are scary. I know a little about the topic. I've been taking them for a few years now for an old back injury. But, I can't take them long term because a side effect is a slowing of the digestive tract, and since having abdominal surgery a few years back, its a concern for me.

But, every day when I go to work I see a line of people at the methadone clinic next door to the hospital. Now we have hospital staff getting assaulted by drug users who are looking to make some quick money to get another hit. We had two nurses assaulted and robbed this week - beaten pretty badly.

It's a sad situation as so many lives are affected, and there really are alternatives to controlling pain. Sometimes strong meds are indicated, but at times other options ranging from simple exercise and mobility/flexibility/ Ti-Chi/ yoga or acupuncture to meditation, biofeedback, to radio-frequency ablation - there are non-opioid options........ You can even get TENS units over the counter at your local drug store or Walmart......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-01-2017 06:41 AM

But, every day when I go to work I see a line of people at the methadone clinic next door to the hospital. Now we have hospital staff getting assaulted by drug users who are looking to make some quick money to get another hit. We had two nurses assaulted and robbed this week - beaten pretty badly.

There lies the problem. We are not talking about "Street Druggies" here. We are talking about regular people that for some legitimate reasons suffer from pain,that puts a stop to the enjoyment of living life. I am sure that you are well aware of what continuous pain can do the physique and general well being of a person.

From the George Knapp show, "The Other Side of Opioids"

First hour guest, pain management expert Dr. Lynn Webster acknowledged that of the some 64,000 drug-related deaths in the US in 2016 most were opioid-related, however only 25% of those were tied to prescriptions, and when they were, the drugs were not from their own prescription. All across the country, physicians have been frightened into scaling back pain prescriptions to patients in need, Webster reported, because they might face investigations by the DEA that could unjustly ruin their careers.

Research chemist Josh Bloom talked about the "war on pain patients" that's been taking place in recent years. The pharmaceutical industry bears some of the blame in their drug development and lack of warnings, he remarked. But the CDC has twisted statistics in creating their guidelines for prescribing opioids for chronic pain-- as addiction for pain patients is relatively rare, he stated. President of the International Pain Foundation, Barby Ingle, shared her years long struggle battling chronic pain. We're advocating, she said, for open access and life saving medications for patients, "and protection for providers that are willing to help us."

Pain researcher Stephen Ziegler (related study) lamented that the CDC's guidelines were developed in secrecy-- they should have invited a variety of stakeholders to be part of this process, he argued. 11 out of 12 of their recommendations were based on very weak evidence, he added. Advocate and research analyst Richard Lawhern pointed out that there are now hundreds of suicides each year by patients who are deprived of the pain relief they need to function. The government has no business imposing itself on the doctor-patient relationship, he declared. The public is encouraged to voice their views here

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2017/11/26

I don't if you are aware of the The Intimidation that Doctors are facing from the CDC and the DEA? If you want to continue your particular" pain management" I suggest you might want to get "active" in stopping the "Trend"!
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-01-2017 01:51 PM

The gov't has been cracking-down on the number of pills that can be prescribed at any one time, although there do seem to be ways to get around it - some docs are more compliant than others............
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-01-2017 03:15 PM

A "Catch 22" is it not?

Government involvement in the world of medicine or any other industry can be used as a protection for ,or a whip against the people. This is Socialized Medicine at its best(worst?) I'm sure some hard core Communists will get caught in the web and never figure out what hit them. The Politicalization  of medicine is Particularly  frightening, or should be to the average person.

Plus there are the consequences of NOT getting rid of Obama Care, thank you Democrats and John McCain(deciding vote, a time or 2). We (you), might notice the hospital and medical fields, bankruptcies , layoffs and government owned health Dispensaries taking over.

Trump can't be every where at once, it will be left to the "dumb bunny" people That think the earth is flat, that they ARE underwater from global warming and Big Government is here to Help you :shock: Human's don't have a clue on what to do to save Themselves :confused:
KARMA RULES

Return to “George Knapp/C2C Sunday Host”