"Sorry, I Don’t Feel Sorry For Furloughed Feds"

Grassroots democracy. We need to secure our country from the global elites. Act now! Get informed.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-12-2019 02:10 PM

Has any body noticed , The Government is still running? :confused: What Part of "Non-Essential" Do you NOT Understand?

The term government shutdown is tautological.

The Right Prescription

David Catron

Now that the nation has heard the President explain how he wants to address our immigration crisis, and we have all enjoyed the comic relief offered by Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer in lieu of a serious response, the media have launched a propaganda campaign they hope will pull the Democrats from the ditch they have driven into regarding “the wall.” But our friends in the Fourth Estate are approaching the project in a manner that merely highlights how divorced they are from the world beyond the Beltway. Their primary focus involves the heartrending human tragedy of … idle bureaucrats.

But most Americans regard “idle” and “bureaucrat” as synonyms. For those of us who have spent our lives toiling in the private sector, where employees are expected to produce things, “nonessential worker” is a concept that has no meaning. In the real world beyond the Beltway, businesses hire people because they have some “essential” task that must be performed. Thus, we aren’t often moved to tears when told “nonessential workers” will be sent home because of a government shutdown, Yet major news outlets actually expect us to be swayed by stories like this from the Wall Street Journal:

A Must Read Article
https://spectator.org/sorry-i-dont-feel ... ghed-feds/
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Re: "Sorry, I Don’t Feel Sorry For Furloughed Feds"

Post by Doka » 01-12-2019 02:15 PM

I must be the only one in the World that has been waiting for the light to change and noticing a road crew, with ONE guy breaking sweat and 7 others standing around him, WATCHING him. :rolleyes:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-12-2019 06:17 PM

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-12-2019 09:22 PM

As long as the shut down doesn't affect you idiots personally, then there is no reason for concern. Selfish mini minds. Hope this gets me banned so I'm not tempted to come to this wretched freakin place again.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-13-2019 04:53 AM

Selfish Mini Minds? That coming from you.........Priceless :D

One thing we do have at the moment is jobs, nobody really wants to work, most can't pass a Whiz test. But there are lots of jobs. We have soup kitchens and of course a large % more than likely live at home, with the folks.
KARMA RULES

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-13-2019 04:07 PM

Kbot - Is this the sort of mean spirited rhetoric that entertains you? If it is, you are not the kind, principled, spiritual person that I thought you were.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-13-2019 04:19 PM

Raggedyann wrote: 01-13-2019 04:07 PM Kbot - Is this the sort of mean spirited rhetoric that entertains you? If it is, you are not the kind, principled, spiritual person that I thought you were.

I don't see where Kbot has posted on this thread? :confused:
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-13-2019 06:21 PM

Kinda sick of the whole sideshow.

I remember back in the 70s when I was active duty and we had a similar situation and didn't get paid for a while. I was lucky in that I had three squares and a roof over my head thanks to Uncle Sam.

Now it's difficult to hear stories of people who may lose their homes. Granted, people can find some work to get them through this, but the process was unnecessary from the start - the WH is losing GOP support in the Senate and, most probably, as in previous GOP-led government shutdowns, it has come where their own constituents were hurt by the shutdown, it will come back to bit them in the ass at the polls.........

IMHO, a very short-sighted strategy
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-14-2019 02:11 AM

When a key democrat was asked if any would decline Their "Paychecks", he replied, "It would only cause distraction" Trump does Not take his "Salary" but does donate it.

For those seeking Utopia, be sure and read the fine print................

30 Democrats in Puerto Rico with 109 lobbyists for weekend despite shutdown

Some 30 Democratic lawmakers left the government shutdown behind Friday on a chartered flight to Puerto Rico for a winter retreat with 109 lobbyists and corporate executives during which they planned to see the hit Broadway show “Hamilton” and attend three parties including one with the show’s cast.

Those attending the Congressional Hispanic Caucus BOLD PAC winter retreat in San Juan planned to meet with key officials to discuss the cleanup after Hurricane Maria at a roundtable Saturday.

But the weekend is packed with free time for the members and their families on the trip.

Rest of Story

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/wash ... e-shutdown
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-14-2019 07:07 AM

Saw that this morning Doka - not disagreeing with you at all. This should not have gotten to this point and the those getting hurt are the very people we rely on to do things like keeping planes from slamming into each other, or ensuring that our food is safe to eat, or medications and medical devices are tested for safety.

Both sides are posing trying to make a point over who is somehow "better", and trying to score political points with their respective bases - pissing off Independents such as myself in the process.

As someone once said "A pox on both your houses!!!"
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-14-2019 01:39 PM

Saw that this morning Doka - not disagreeing with you at all. This should not have gotten to this point and the those getting hurt are the very people we rely on to do things like keeping planes from slamming into each other, or ensuring that our food is safe to eat, or medications and medical devices are tested for safety.
None of these things you speak of are No Less safe than they where a month ago. But who and what we allow to come into our county illegally, no less, does have a great impact on every man, women and child in this country. Economically, health (measles, tb etc.) , Drug Lords. , terrorists ,more murderers etc.(we don't have enough already?) .

Now that think a it ,you may be on to something..........the inconveniece of the few is far greater than the "Welfare" of
The Many! Good thinking! You and Ra seem to practice the Concept with out a problem, along with many many others.
KARMA RULES

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-14-2019 02:38 PM

kbot wrote: 01-14-2019 07:07 AM Saw that this morning Doka - not disagreeing with you at all. This should not have gotten to this point and the those getting hurt are the very people we rely on to do things like keeping planes from slamming into each other, or ensuring that our food is safe to eat, or medications and medical devices are tested for safety.

Both sides are posing trying to make a point over who is somehow "better", and trying to score political points with their respective bases - pissing off Independents such as myself in the process.

Nice that you see the situation for what it is. With all the services shut down how can anybody believe there is no negative fallout from that? Idiots that's who!!

Just out of interest, what exactly is an "independent"? Seems to me that you vote Republican, so if you pick a party and vote for it, what is independent about that? If you were voting for a candidate that has no party affiliation (if that's possible in the US) then I could understand this "independent" thing. Otherwise calling yourself an "independent" doesn't make sense to me. I'm probably missing something really obvious here.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-14-2019 03:51 PM

You like that, do you Raggedyann?

Which "House" do You, live in?

From what I see, you are white skinned, therefore a Racest and a White Supremacist . Not my rules! But like you, I will enforce them when it is convenient......How can I possibly believe any thing you say? And Kbot is worse, He is a White Male, he really is less than..............
KARMA RULES

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-14-2019 05:16 PM

Doka wrote: 01-14-2019 03:51 PM

From what I see, you are white skinned, therefore a Racest and a White Supremacist . Not my rules! But like you, I will enforce them when it is convenient......How can I possibly believe any thing you say? And Kbot is worse, He is a White Male, he really is less than..............

I can understand why you are nasty to me as I am pretty blunt these days but why the bitchiness to Kbot? He's never been anything but nice and polite to everybody. We are all entitled to our opinions, so getting rabid because somebody disagrees with your Republican view is a waste of time.

I would say conservative view, but the Republicans are anything but conservative. There is no suitable word to describe this bunch of self serving wimps. It's so mind boggling to me that any human being could think Trump is anything but a mentally ill, shallow narcissist that I really believe he did his research on individual Republicans and has a $hitload of gossip on each and every one of them and is holding their disgusting behaviour over their heads. Thuggery and the mafia mentality has been his world his entire life.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-14-2019 07:25 PM

Doka wrote: 01-14-2019 03:51 PM

You forgot "communist" Doka :mrgreen:

Trust me.......... I've bene called a lot of names over the years :D

Return to “American Survival”