Google Chrome will stop running on millions of Windows PCs

Internet, computing and anything electronic and tech related discussed here

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-05-2020 01:24 PM

King Google is running over everyone like a truck, can't imagine anyone still usuing Windows 7, actually can't imagine anybody still using "Windows"?

Google Chrome has approximately 2.9 billion users, making it the most popular web browser of all time. Unfortunately, a big chunk of these users may be unable to access new versions of Chrome after support runs out for their operating system of choice.

Windows 7 was released back in 2009, and despite no longer having support from Microsoft, it still boasts millions of users. Running Windows 7 on your computer, however, can be a huge security risk. Tap or click here to see why the FBI wants you to upgrade to Windows 10.

If you use Google Chrome on your Windows 7 PC, it’s time to upgrade. Otherwise, you’ll be putting yourself and your data in harm’s way every time you log on.

As of January 2022, Google will no longer be supporting Chrome for Windows 7. Anyone with the outdated operating system on their PCs will find themselves unable to update or access Chrome unless they take the plunge and upgrade to Windows 10.

This deadline has been a long time coming, but it’s not even the original deadline for Windows 7 users. Google originally planned to end support in 2021 but extended the date by six months in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Google outlined its decision to extend the deadline in a blog post. In addition to pushing the expiration date back for Chrome on Windows 7, Google mentioned that enterprise users could explore its product roadmap and get IT assistance with Google’s latest softwar.

Full Article

https://www.komando.com/security-privac ... rt/767789/
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Call Me A Luddite

Post by Riddick » 12-05-2020 02:47 PM

Doka wrote: 12-05-2020 01:24 PM actually can't imagine anybody still using "Windows"?

I talk a lot about migrating to Linux but I ain't got a round tuit yet.

I ♡ the customizable retro browsers K-Meleon & Waterfox Classic -

IMHO? Chrome sucks. I know some folks swear by it. I swear AT it

...But WAIT! There's MORE:

Would you believe I still have a dumb fone? But not for very long

Provider said sorry, it's not VoLTE ready so it'll crap out end of '20

So, I've ordered a "Moto e6" & it should be arriving Wednesday...'

:D Oboy! Looking forward to learning Android! -But not really :P
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Re: Google Chrome will stop running on millions of Windows PCs

Post by Doka » 12-06-2020 03:04 PM

I still have a "dumb phone" also, waiting for the " Can't use any more notifcation" Wha! I love my "Dumb Phone" not connected to Wi Fi, keeps them blind. Just a phone. I have been using Android, for quite a long time now. It is still suseptable to all the Google/Chrome Crap. But at least it doesn't have Microsoft "Written" on the name plate. And I'm not smart enough for A Lenux do. I have a Samsung Android, don't even know if it could go Lenux, doubt it.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “FF IT Tech”