If You Liked Big Brother, Meet Google's Big MUM

Belowdecks...Serious rants, etc...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

If You Liked Big Brother, Meet Google's Big MUM

Post by Riddick » 10-25-2022 11:19 PM

Google'no longer has any interest in providing the search service that made it a monopoly, giving a ranked list of diverse results, but wants everyone to speak into their phones and receive a single answer. The consensus.

Pandu Nayak, VP of search at Google, wrote in a recent post, "By using our latest AI model, Multitask Unified Model (MUM), our systems can now understand the notion of consensus, which is when multiple high-quality sources on the web all agree on the same fact."

Google disagrees with many of its users about what "reliable sources" or "high-quality sources" entail. By reducing the number of sources to only those that agree with its agenda, Google is able to deliver fast results while getting rid of different points of view.

Google's YouTube already has a broad set of bans covering everything from questioning global warming, contradicting medical experts, and debating 2020 election results. These are a window into the company's political agendas and how it seeks to enforce political conformity.

The last thing the world needs is another centralized computer system enforcing a consensus. MUM is yet another tool for enforcing a totalitarian conformity on the diversity of the internet. Google doesn't want you to think differently or to think for yourself. What it wants users to do is to shut up and listen to Big MUM.

FULL STORY
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Re: If You Liked Big Brother, Meet Google's Big MUM

Post by Doka » 10-26-2022 08:58 AM

People keep using Google , Youtube, and all the other Corrupted Social Media, when there Are Other alternitives, But that also would cut into the ego thing and not as much flash and hits as I think has become more desired than content. Also, too lazy, to take time out, to look for another source. It is a human thing. Probably not going away any time soon. As far as Google goes for search engine, have not used it for years, But try and run a computer with-out a Google influence somewhere, you probably not using a computer anymore........ :|
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 10-26-2022 01:40 PM

Doka wrote: 10-26-2022 08:58 AM People keep using Google , Youtube, and all the other Corrupted Social Media, when there Are Other alternitives, But that also would cut into the ego thing and not as much flash and hits as I think has become more desired than content. Also, too lazy, to take time out, to look for another source. It is a human thing. Probably not going away any time soon. As far as Google goes for search engine, have not used it for years, But try and run a computer with-out a Google influence somewhere, you probably not using a computer anymore........ :|
Major social media platforms have "visibility". Google's "brand" is ubiquitous & its name is a generic term for an internet search. It's a tough market for alternatives. Google keeps adding bells & whistles that sets it apart from competitors.

What's your search engine 'go-to list' look like, Doka?
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 10-26-2022 04:37 PM

I use for my search "Duck Duck Go" down loaded through Google, In my next life, I won't have Google anywere!
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 10-26-2022 08:22 PM

Big MUM? Even if we had an I-Phone using that search feature would be way over my head! :lol:

Here's two threads highlighting Google high jinxing the users inside Conspiracies/Black Ops @ FF :shock:

The Subject line could not be copied :oops:

Riddick's OP
viewtopic.php?t=51759

My OP
viewtopic.php?t=50805

MK II ∆=®™ FDNY 343 🍎😥

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 10-27-2022 01:18 AM

My best pet peeve is Bank of America will not take my calls, because I don't have a "Smart Phone", highly discriminating in my book. I Have their damn credit card, with no problem for 32 years. No smart phone........maybe one robo call in a 3 month time span. No ads no wild texts.
KARMA RULES

Riddick
Pirate

Go Woke, Go Broke

Post by Riddick » 10-28-2022 11:15 AM

Google's Parent’s Profits Plummet as Search Engine Ad Sales Miss Mark Amid Report Revealing Bias in Campaign Results

https://cnsnews.com/blog/craig-banniste ... mid-report

-Donald Trump Image

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 10-28-2022 11:31 AM

Google's long been a Snoop Dog of major proportions. And like Doka noted above it's being rejected from our collective bomb bay doors! Aw!

📺TV ads get rejected by tapping our remotes zipping by them in those handy black boxes termed D.V.R.! Those advertisers have no idea about their lost revenue.🌪🎗💸💸💸💸💰

Especially the "Scrabble" game's scrambled wooden letters picked at random for all the weird titles for new drugs with multi side effects.😂

Come on! Who watches TV commercials these days?🚩

Google losing is the average Joe's and Sally's gain. :D

MK II ∆=®™ FDNY 343 🍎 😢

Return to “The Murky Bilge”