Out Of Service

FF Community posts

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Out Of Service

Post by Riddick » 12-15-2022 02:43 PM

I'm chasing a particularly elusive PC desktop monitor problem that's gonna curtail my usual lurking & posting for awhile. Hopefully I can nail down what's causing it & can correct it & get back in the groove before all too long. Wish me luck & BCNU L8R
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Re: Out Of Service

Post by Doka » 12-15-2022 02:57 PM

I'm wishing you luck. Beware! There are "Grimlins" around.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Back In Service

Post by Riddick » 12-16-2022 01:15 AM

Well, that wasn't too bad. I was worried the video card was the issue but it was the monitor. I got a replacement at the thrift mart for $4 AND a monitor for my old XP for 2! Both are superior to what I had. Good luck with the bad luck my mom would say.

The only crimp came about when my curious kitty bumped the power strip while I was in the replacement set-up. That hosed up the config but I found another way to do it that gives me more resolution options. More good fortune - Black cats aren't all bad luck!

Return to “Ship's Galley ~ Fantastic Forum Community”