ARRRH, Me Maties! FF Enters Its Twenty-Fourth Year Of Piracy

Just what is says. Click and read on.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

ARRRH, Me Maties! FF Enters Its Twenty-Fourth Year Of Piracy

Post by Riddick » 04-21-2023 04:58 AM

How many forums can say they're nearing a quarter century of activity? I can just name one. In the course of human events, while folks come & go, nothing stays the same & the one constant is change, its roots in the Art Bell genre keep the FF going -

As Art would say, there's more to what we call 'reality' than can be fit neatly in a box. In turbulent times & a world gone mad kudos to those in the crew who've not lost the spirit of camaraderie & sense of mystery, for caring enuff to sail on in uncharted seas.

:grog: Anahoo, time to party hearty, tho it's not like pirates need a special occasion to drink plenty of grog: Here's to the past 23 Fantastic years & more years of foruming ahead!

Check Out These Blasts From The Past -

ArtBell.Com
A front page capture of his site as it was on 3/4/2000 before his April retirement

RSVP Art Bell
Topics, threads & posts archived in PDF format from the FF's first 2 years

Fantastic Forum Newsletter - November 2002 Issue 1 Vol 1
Featuring a spoof story about "Bart Cell" & an article titled "Is There Life After Art?"

Fan
Lady with a

Re: ARRRH, Me Maties! FF Enters Its Twenty-Fourth Year Of Piracy

Post by Fan » 04-21-2023 07:12 AM

I was just coming to post about this, thanks Riddick :)

Here's a graphic from the first anniversary http://web.archive.org/web/200108061702 ... irtFfp.jpg

Thanks to all who came before and who still now care about this old ship. It has seen some stuff.

Happy Anniversary Pirates! Yarrr!
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Doka
Pirate

Re: ARRRH, Me Maties! FF Enters Its Twenty-Fourth Year Of Piracy

Post by Doka » 04-21-2023 08:09 AM

Happy Anniversary! Everyone.! :D
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “Announcements/ FYI”