OMG The" Beaver" Is 75 Years Old!

News, information, and comment about 'the media'

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

OMG The" Beaver" Is 75 Years Old!

Post by Doka » 07-02-2023 01:34 PM

You simply can Not understand the Art of getting old, until you get there! And it's like being slapped in the face!(Many times)

We got a TV set when I was 9 years old, it came with a repair man, because the TV set blew Tubes of various sizes and purposes, consistantly. At the ripe old age of 11 the TV show "Leave it to Beaver" started, Oct 4, 1957 (I looked it up) and so the "Beaver and I grew up together. (I am a year older,,BFD) In my mind on some days I am still that cute little girl. Walking past a mirror can be a real shock, Maybe that is the "Why" so many a ovoid Reality all together, You have to be Brave Soul , just to get on with life in general.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... or-is.html
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

A Sad Sign Of The Times

Post by Riddick » 07-02-2023 03:20 PM

So Woke has Hollywood culture become, if the show was made today it'd be all about gender identity. As in Beaver wants a beaver -

There's nothing good about increasing infirmity that comes with aging. That said I'm glad I'm old.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Re: A Sad Sign Of The Times

Post by Riddick » 07-09-2023 12:55 PM

Riddick wrote: 07-02-2023 03:20 PM So Woke has Hollywood culture become, if the show was made today it'd be all about gender identity. As in Beaver wants a beaver -

There's nothing good about increasing infirmity that comes with aging. That said I'm glad I'm old.
So I'm watching an episode of Leave It To Beaver on MeTV right now, & how times have changed! Beav's pushing a doll buggy down the street & getting funny looks from folks. A friend of his wondered if there was something wrong with him. One man asked another what's the world coming to: He didn't know the half of it, eh? -

What a world of difference! Nothing Woke about it. It's a shame we're in an age where wholesome entertainment has gone the way of the dodos & dinosaurs. Outside of reruns, that is.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Media Watch”