Beer-Braised Corned Beef & Cabbage Recipe

Discussions about food. Recipes, reviews, anything!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Beer-Braised Corned Beef & Cabbage Recipe

Post by Riddick » 03-16-2024 05:52 AM

If you’re celebrating St. Patrick’s Day, dinner should be a no-brainer: Irish corned beef and cabbage. This meal originated in the 19th century as a way for Irish immigrants in the US to replicate a homeland dish known as bacon and cabbage.

Over time, this affordable dish became a favorite for celebrations and holidays like St. Patrick’s Day. Many recipes either cook it on the stove or in the oven. However, using your slow cooker is the easiest option that delivers on big flavor.

For extra flavor, instead of sprinkling whole seasonings directly into the dish, simply make a spice pouch. This trick allows the spices to infuse the dish with their aromatic flavors, and keeps them in one place so they’re easy to remove afterwards.

You can prep in the morning, put everything in the slow cooker and then enjoy the delicious smells wafting through your home as it cooks all day. Before you know it, you’ll have a rich and hearty meal for your holiday dinner table. LINK

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Re: Beer-Braised Corned Beef & Cabbage Recipe

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 03-16-2024 12:18 PM

⭕ Like! 😉

That's a great idea Riddick! Hm....hm....hm!😛

Thursday evening our local Wal-Mart only had the big outer leaves in two cabbage bins!🙁

Since my wife is Catholic I could be headed SE to a grocery store inside a Catholic😇community.🤔

So wish me luck!🍀

MK II 🙏 🤔 🕊

Return to “Food”