From Art Bell 2-08

Moderator: Super Moderators

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 02-20-2008 03:14 PM

Conscious wrote:
What do you suppose it will take to bail her out? :cool: [/B]

ew...crytic yes it could be..interesting.

But a big smile will be her get out of jail free card.

Shimmering Auro
Pirate

Post by Shimmering Auro » 02-21-2008 12:58 AM

Art, thanks for stopping by the FF. It's always a special treat to hear from you. Thanks for the wonderful update.

Blessings to you and your beautiful family.
shimmeringaurora(at)yahoo(dot)com

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 02-21-2008 02:33 PM

Hey Art, did you feel that Earthquake at all? Let us know if all is ok..
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 02-21-2008 05:11 PM

Yes Art check in ...know it was NE of you but people up here in N.Idaho felt it so you had to have felt it. Any damage...family okay?

alfa119
Pirate

Post by alfa119 » 02-21-2008 05:42 PM

Hey Art,

As always its good to hear from you... although we would miss you again in the high desert... but if that earthquake was interesting...

although my prediction with artbell.com did not come true last year... I do see it online again, as an active website... although I am wondering though... why you never redirected it to knye.com along with artbell.net and artbell.org..

as always I do think that you want to bring your website back online, when I talked to you when I made my prediction, I do recall you saying that he wanted it to do something more related to his hobby.

The only reason I am am going to assume, would be a contract that would be preventing art from starting his own show or bringing artbell.com back online, OR simply perhaps... Art you just want to sit back and enjoy life... But I will say Art, what we do miss, is the endless stories about your trips and the photo albums of old...

While many of us could hope and dream to live the idea and dream we had, while we were growing up. I can say, there are those that were meant with a purpose in life, and you did sure find yours.

If you say, you want to be able to live your life, and not do radio on contract and strict schedules.. I may suggest.. podcasts... everyone else does them for one thing or another... a 10-30 minute podcast once or twice a month, and put on your website, when you get it up... would be about, whatever you want.. .if you want a blog go for it.. artbell.com is yours to do with what you wish... I only offer some possibilities... or you could go on the public speaking circuit.... who knows...

All good things come to those who wait...

so until then Art, we shall wait.

My Best.

-Alfa119

Art Bell
The East

From Art

Post by Art Bell » 02-22-2008 09:11 PM

Hi,

The picture of Asia behind bars is really behind the child proof door to my radio room! Turns out that also cat proofs, they have not yet jumped over it.

I will keep you all updated as much as I can as we consider our next move but all is well in Bell land.

Art Airyn Asia

tiffany
Pirate

Re: From Art

Post by tiffany » 02-22-2008 09:15 PM

Art Bell wrote: Hi,

I will keep you all updated as much as I can as we consider our next move but all is well in Bell land.

Art Airyn Asia

Well this must mean the quake you either did not feel (but I think you did) and that there was no damage or problems.

Supernova
Pirate

Re: From Art

Post by Supernova » 02-22-2008 09:36 PM

Art Bell wrote: Hi,

The picture of Asia behind bars is really behind the child proof door to my radio room! Turns out that also cat proofs, they have not yet jumped over it.

Art Airyn Asia

Well Art,

Just in case we do not hear from you before then ........... have a wonderful trip to Europe!

S

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 02-22-2008 09:45 PM

Thanks for the update Art.....love the pic of Asia behind bars, she doesn't look like she is very happy about being kept out.:) The look says it all.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 02-22-2008 10:51 PM

Hey Art!

Wow, I missed out on this thread the first day, confusing it with the previous one from last year.

It's SO good to hear from you! Everything said previously goes for me, too -- the photos of Asia mean a lot to us. It tells us you're "there", even if the pix are mainly meant for your Ham buddies (and you know I'm a Ham daughter!), we consider them a way that you to keep in touch with us, too.

As for missing you every night on the air...well...and you think your nicotine problem is worse than our Art-Addiction? Don't know which is the lesser evil!

WE REALLY MISS YOU!!

In a manner of speaking, we pretty much live on archives and "reruns." Don't/can't listen to M-F at all. Just tonight on my commute home, I was listening to the Rodney/Spirit in the Rid-a-Pest thingie show on my iPod. What fun!! NO one could've molded/shaped that conversation and ensuing calls as you did. THAT was great radio -- and you are indeed, The Master! I was yelling, "Brilliant, Art!" the whole time! It was like a great tennis match. And you loved every second of it!

We would indeed be grateful for as little as once-a-week live shows. And yet, we're glad you're having such a terrific time with Airyn and Asia...but we know you're happy broadcasting, as well. :) Yep, it's in your blood.

I'm afraid for you to go back to the Philippines, though... Remember how dangerous it was, Art. We stayed so worried about you. Do think very carefully about the pros and cons...I know you will.

We are INDEED your extended family...We are your cheerleaders, defenders, protectors, and yes, biggest "fans." We "get it." ;)

Thanks for checking in here every once in awhile to let us know you think about us, too. All you need do is come aboard the Good Ship to be reminded how much you're loved and appreciated (in addition to Lady Bell and Baby Bell, of course!).

I predict a big hurricane season...no one covers hurricanes like you, so stick around. It's going to be a gusty ride! ;)

Your home-state pal,
HJ
Last edited by HurricaneJoanie on 02-22-2008 11:00 PM, edited 1 time in total.
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

DesertOfTheSea
Pirate

Post by DesertOfTheSea » 02-23-2008 01:49 AM

that pretty much sums it up I think.

Chas
#1 Art Bell Fan (in the high desert).

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 02-27-2008 10:26 PM

Airyn and Asia.:)

Captain Fantastic
DREAD PIRATE

Post by Captain Fantastic » 02-27-2008 11:46 PM

And, HJ. What makes you think all the lovely pics are for the ham buddies??

They seem to get a lot of exposure right here on this pirate ship a-sailing the seven seas!
;)

Art is one of our founding members onboard the http://www.fantastic.

arrrrghhhhh!

Pirate wenches are cool!

goodfello
Pirate

Post by goodfello » 02-28-2008 10:13 AM

Thank you Art, we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Bless you and your sweet family!

Bill C.
Be well!

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 02-28-2008 08:54 PM

Captain Fantastic wrote: And, HJ. What makes you think all the lovely pics are for the ham buddies??

They seem to get a lot of exposure right here on this pirate ship a-sailing the seven seas!
;)

What am I thinkin'? This wench has had too much grog...me brains are water-logged!
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Return to “Art Bell Archive”