Noory's April Fools' Day Joke!

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Noory's April Fools' Day Joke!

Post by joequinn » 04-02-2008 01:17 AM

I have just finished listening to the first hour of this evening's Coast to Coast, and I am fuming...

I don't want to hear any crap from any of you about how I don't have a sense of humor and how I need to lighten up. If that is your sentiment, then you'd best be wise to stiffle it around me.

Noory brilliantly utilized the resources of Coast to Coast to pull what turned out to be a banal and tasteless prank on the listener.

When I first heard the interview with the mysterious Dr. Campbell of the University of Edinburgh about the discovery of a baby T-Rex in the Congo jungle, I was stunned. I could not imagine how such a discovery could be made, but because the discovery was being announced on Coast to Coast, I reserved judgment in the wake of further information.

I did not believe the information that I heard on Coast to Coast, but, because it was being announced on Coast to Coast, I refused to discount it altogether. Until now, that is...

Noory's ruse was brilliant, which is why I am in such a state of fury at the present time. Ridicule me as you please, but you don't pull April Fool's Day jokes regarding the disclosure of information on some of the most vital issues of our age. You don't do that, and unless you're a wiseass moron, you don't support the disinformation such as I just heard.

Away with Noory, that pathetic corporate creature with such a low, cunning, vulgar mind!

Away with his dirty, filthy, greedy corporation, which makes it possible for him to vomit his banality on a nightly basis!

And most importantly of all, away with his low, coarse, vulgar, cheap audience, which is doubtlessly laughing its ass off on what a fine ruse Noory pulled off!

And if you are one of these wiseass morons, away with you too!

I am furious. That one of the most prestigious organs of countercultural thought, just as decade ago, should be degraded to the stage of a supporting prop for an April Fool's Day joke! God, how I hate my time! God, how I hate my culture! God, how I hate my culture! Away with it all, from Clinton and Obama and McCain and Bush and Cheney to Noory and his Congo T-Rexes! Away with the whole degenerate, shameless, intellectually and spritually bankrupt mess!
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 04-02-2008 02:58 AM

Joequinn, I absolutely agree with you on this one. Only complete morons whose mental states have not changed since they were in sixth grade find April Fool's Day jokes humorus. George Noory is an embarrassment to himself and all thinking people. Next thing you know, he'll be doing fart jokes,,,complete with live sound effects...on the air.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 04-02-2008 07:19 AM

A lot of people have read this post, Plainsman, but only you have replied to it.

Most people who read this thread probably thought that Noory's prank was so f'ing funny, but knowing the nastiness of my wrath, they dare not go "har! har!" in this thread! They probably think that I am some sort of anal-retentive prude and that I should "lighten up" before I flip out completely over life. I should have been tipped off over the nature of the proceedings by Noory's highly uncharacteristic professionalism when he was interviewing that corporate stooge, "Dr. Campbell of Edinburgh," while he was ridiculing - ridiculing! - the cryptozoological dreams of his guest, Mr. Rhodes!

Noory may believe in the paranormal and he may even have had paranormal experiences, but I know that the only thing that he truly believes in is the abomination of the post-war bourgeois mainstream Ameri-We're f'ing #1!-can Dream. He despises the paranormal, and he despises the people who believe in it. Last night proves this fact conclusively!

In contrast, yesterday I listened to a "horse whisperer" person on Sirius radio, a grandmotherly type known as Sonya Fitzpatrick. Who knows? maybe I am being deceived, even here, but she struck me as being the real deal, and listening to her revivified my hope. For a while I felt like Sam in Mordor, sheltering Frodo's exhausted body from the cold as he looked through the filth and stench to see Elbereth shining serenely in the starry night! Bright star, would I were as steadfast as thou art...

Do you wonder, Plainsman, do you wonder why Amerika has become such a naked, shameless freak show in 2008? It's because people allow crudities like this to pass with nary a comment. The people have consented to last night's nonsense just like they are going to consent to Bush's or McCain's vitrification of Teheran. All bets are off, Plainsman, and anything goes, either in Washington, DC, or on Coast to Coast!

This morning, I feel that I am living in a madhouse or, even worse, one of Hieronymous Bosch's hells...

http://catedral.weblog.com.pt/arquivo/t ... nthony.jpg
Last edited by joequinn on 04-02-2008 07:24 AM, edited 1 time in total.

cherry
Pirate

The Truth Shall Set You Free!

Post by cherry » 04-02-2008 08:25 AM

joequinn, sorry I missed it but I listened to the rerun of Dr. Richard Boylan from 10 p.m. till midnight, then drifted off to sleep. :o

I prefer jokes to sarcasm any day; jokes are less painful.

brianwenz
Pirate

Post by brianwenz » 04-02-2008 09:10 AM

Hello Hello--
You beat me to it, Joe! I agree completely.
I pretty much knew that it was an "April Fool" gag from the beginning [ you can sense Noory's veil of bull****....]
What struck me most was the overall mean-spirited angle of the whole thing. The "joke" is on Noory.....
Brian.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 04-02-2008 09:20 AM

Brian, I tuned in while Noory was on the line with "Dr. Campbell," so if he tipped off the listeners at the start that it was all a gag, I missed it. I was shocked by what I heard, and while I could not believe it, I also could not dismiss it out of hand --- because I heard it on Coast to Coast. So class me with those morons who ran out screaming into the streets over Orson Welles's Halloween broadcast of War of the Worlds...

Bingo, Brian, bingo! "Mean-spirited": you nailed the operative adjective right in the bull's eye. Mean-spirited --- the Amerika of Dubya...

I am disgusted by just about everything this morning. Bright star, would I were as steadfast as thou art.... <SIGH>

brianwenz
Pirate

Post by brianwenz » 04-02-2008 10:08 AM

Hello Hello-
The thing is.... I really WANT to think that such a thing could happen!
Noory didn't anounce anything at the beginning of the show but there is just something about Noory's voice and delivery that says "LIES" .
Sometimes I just fell dirty after listening to the show.
I'm really grateful that Art did the two weekend shows.... wonder if he's gonna do any more????
Brian.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 04-02-2008 10:15 AM

It was a pleasure to hear Art --- old, wise, sad, world-weary Art --- interviewing Dr. Steven Greer on what is undoubtedly the most important issue of the third millennium. (Of course, maybe Art has been sipping some of that purple kool-aid on the side: he's become an Obamabot, you know! <SIGH>).

I will never forget driving home from a evening teaching assignment on 13 March 1997 and shaking with excitement and awe as Art began to process the data coming from Phoenix that night. But then again, I was shaking last night too --- but for a different reason...

Ah, Coast to Coast, you coulda been a contender, you coulda been somebody! Now all ya got is a one-way ticket to Palookaville....

:(

wcstflyer
Pirate

Post by wcstflyer » 04-02-2008 11:26 AM

Joequinn, I agree with you. Art's Sunday program made me nostalgic and a little sad because I treat Art Bell like a visit from Great Caesar's ghost (with apologies to Perry White.) He only reminds me of the greatness that once was, like pitcher Sandy Koufax who threw out a ceremonial baseball at Dodger stadium the other day.

Baby T-Rex Captured. "We're millionaires boys! I'll share it with all of you!!"

There was a high groan factor in this, but I enjoyed it. The professor had a distinctly midwest American accent, or else a really Americanized Scottish brogue. Professor Campbell said he was from Edinborough University and George was looking at the Edinburgh website befuddled at the spelling difference. Then there was the unlikely possibility of a 65 million year-old dinosaur species surviving; heck the concrete version in the Banning pass on the way to Palm Springs looks much the worse for wear. No, this was pretty obviously an April 1 gag.

But don't you think the first hour was more enjoyable than the next three hours of infomercial book peddling?

Sam.I'm.Not
Pirate

Post by Sam.I'm.Not » 04-02-2008 11:32 AM

ok so you got me to listen to geaorge for the first time in months. It was bad. The sad thing is that the "joke" part is how he would like all his interviews to go. Totaly scriped no information he was not expecting. Oh well .
Last edited by Sam.I'm.Not on 04-02-2008 11:35 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Life is short drink good coffee.

pup
Pirate

Post by pup » 04-02-2008 11:49 AM

The truly sickening part of it was at the end when he was giddy with stupidity and declared "I can pull off these jokes because of the credibility I've built up on C2C"--not a direct quote, but close...

I could tell it was a pile of BS from the start, Georgie Porgie was just too excited and involved for it not to be some of his patented crap.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 04-02-2008 12:21 PM

Can you imagine how Mr. Rhodes must feel? He too was nothing more than a prop for Noory's joke. You may --- or may not --- believe in Rhodes's Lizardmen, but if you are listening to Coast to Coast in the first place, you need to give him your respectful attention unless and until he turns out to be a charlatan or a nut-case (neither of which Mr. Rhodes appeared to be).

Aside from the "mean-spiritedness" of the entire hour, there was a contempt in last night's program for the fundamental value of the information that Coast to Coast exists to purvey. In a Prem Rad world, knowledge is not power: power is knowledge, or what attempts to pass for it. In retrospect, the idea of a baby T-Rex in the Congo is almost a genetic impossibility, as Michael Crichton would be the first to say. But I saw Destination Truth two weeks ago, and some of the people whom Josh Gates interviewed in the Congo did not seem to be liars or morons when they assured him that they had seen M'keliem-Bembe (sorry about the spelling!).

If Noory tells you, a year or two from now, that evidence for M'keliem-Bembe has been found in the Congo, would you believe him? And would you believe anything that he says next April 1st?

But I hear an ominous silence out there from the "Har! Har! April Fool!" contingent! An ominous silence that is crackling with tension! Tough turds, folks! I am not going to let this banal, mean-spirited episode pass... :(

And oh, wcstflyer, I did not hear the remaining three hours of the program. I rose from my bed, switched off the radio and marched to the PC, with fire in my eyes and murder in my heart. I kept telling myself, "Leave it alone, Joe, leave it alone, stop, go back to bed!" And so I did, after darting a dragon-like stream of fire at the keyboard! I was furious, absolutely furious...

Things are really getting bad for me, folks! I am finding it increasingly hard to cope with my time, with my culture and with my country! I'm serious about this! I live and work and breathe in a rotting swamp, filled with monsters and dead wood. I never, never, never believed, at the age of twenty-one, that I would be living in such a world when I was sixty. Disgusting, truly disgusting!
Last edited by joequinn on 04-02-2008 12:29 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Shimmering Auro
Pirate

Post by Shimmering Auro » 04-02-2008 02:20 PM

"But I hear an ominous silence out there from the "Har! Har! April Fool!" contingent! An ominous silence"
------------------------------------------------------------------------

After reading this I can see why you'd be fuming, joequinn.

The silence, at least from where I sit, is because I have not, nor will I lower myself to listen in.

Snooron is sub-standard!

He is beneath Coast!

He is a jackass!

His April Fool's Day joke provides very clear insight, I think.

IMO this proves his complete and total contempt for the show, the guests, and the listeners.

It's a paycheck. It's just a steady paycheck.

Up his giggy with a red hot poker.

And the crowd screams, "AMEN!"
Last edited by Shimmering Auro on 04-02-2008 02:29 PM, edited 1 time in total.
shimmeringaurora(at)yahoo(dot)com

Supernova
Pirate

Post by Supernova » 04-02-2008 04:01 PM

This April Fool's joke smacks of elitism - the audience is made fun of so the host, producers and others at Premiere can have a laugh. Lets all just eat cake.

Glad I don't listen to the show anymore!

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 04-02-2008 04:04 PM

Amen !

Biker
"Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding".

Ian Anderson

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”