Ya Got Weather?? Ya Say...

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Re: Ya Got Weather?? Ya Say...

Post by kbot » 02-25-2019 12:25 PM

We were in the high 50's/ low 60's last week. This week, back into single digits......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-25-2019 03:18 PM

Here in some spots in the state, nothing, where I am it is 23° and snowing working it's way to 9 inches, supposed to do the snow thing for a week.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-28-2019 07:30 PM

The oher day I was coming back from a trip to the local vet with my dog. I was driving on a back road which runs parallel to a river, along which, centuries ago, Massasoit had his principle village when dealing with the Pilgrims. On this day, the winds were gusting into the 70s, wind chills were subzero, and I was looking around for the local geese and swans that inhabit the river. I looked up into the sky and saw two geese flying forward, matching the road and river - except that, with the wind, they were going sideways.........

For a second I thought I was having a flashback to the 70s........ :mrgreen:
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-03-2019 04:45 AM

Oh oh Here it comes! The whole Country in the freezer.

Arctic Air Mass To Blast US, Will Roil Power Markets Next Week

A blast of cold air is expected to dump into the Midwest and Northeast following this weekend's snowstorm. Temperatures in the affected areas are expected to plunge on Monday to record lows, highly unusual for this time of the year, which will disrupt power and gas markets.

"A persistent anomalous cold will continue across the plains over the next week. This cold comes after a record cold February across this region, extending into the Canadian prairies. Heating demand will continue to run much above normal for Early March in this portion of the country with additional heating demand potential across the entire northern tier of the United States. In addition to the cold, yet another winter storm is forecast to impact the Northeast I-95 corridor Sunday into Monday with moderate to heavy snowfall expected," reported Meteorologist and owner of Empire Weather LLC., Ed Vallee.

More Here

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03- ... -next-week
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Severe Underreporting

Post by Riddick » 05-15-2019 02:55 PM

73 degrees and sunny here today. Warm & dry weather's welcome as it's been on the cool & wet side more than not the last month and a half or so.

What's kinda weird is, with all the rain (and snow!!) we've had, what's been curiously missing is weather of a severe sort. Storm watches and warnings? Largely absent, and we're a quarter into tornado season without major incident.

Odd, yet what's not surprising ls it's all gone unnoted by the major media. Doesn't fit the narrative.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

We're (Gonna Be) Havin' A Heat Wave...

Post by Riddick » 07-13-2019 07:19 AM

So for temps here while we had an average past 7 days, and it was moderately above normal July 4th week, next ten days' forecast has us pushing 90 for highs & around 70 for lows. Hot! Humid! The AC will be on and the windows will be closed and if I can help it I'll spend no more time outside than is absolutely necessary -

Whatchoo gonna do? In 6 months it'll be snowing, blowing & below freezing. Furnace'll be on, windows will be closed & if I can help it I'll spend no more time outside than is absolutely necessary - 'Course if I was worried about my carbon footprint I'd have no AC & no furnace! F*ck comfort! Saving the planet comes first! Right??
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 10-30-2019 12:36 AM

Bad news: We had our first snow yesterday. Good news: It was mostly melted by the afternoon. Bad news: It's in the forecast again Wednesday night & Thursday. 2-5 inches possible.

This, plus highs below 40, is less like Halloween week and more like Thanksgiving week weather. Difference is the ground's still warm enough for even several inch accumulations to melt. So we got that going for us, which is nice.

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 11-06-2019 01:47 AM

More snow! Starting at 3am, 2-4 inches total, impacting morning and afternoon drive times. After that, two days where the daily highs won't even reach the average lows.

I'm not liking this.

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 11-06-2019 07:26 PM

Ridiculous huh Riddick???? Originally we were told to expect your weather here soon, but now it looks like rain for us, with the main storm heading to the ski slopes up north - they can keep it........ Even so, cold temps heading our way within the next day or so, continuing into next week,

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 11-07-2019 01:07 PM

Here in the West it is Sooo dry , every time a breeze blows, we have a dust storm. We have an "Air Stagnation Advisery" till the 11th. Temps running from the 20s at night to high 50s during the day. The chemtrails are heavier than I have ever seen them, up to 20 planes in the sky at one time. The air is "thick" and visibility is poor. Lots of "colds" going around.
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 11-07-2019 07:53 PM

Around here, we've been having a lot of smoke on the water with the temperature changes - early in the morning looks kinds spooky

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 11-12-2019 02:19 PM

How are you guys to the East faring with the Cold? Hope you are all O K!? :shock:
KARMA RULES

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 11-13-2019 01:18 AM

Well, the good news is the coldest of the (early) cold is moving out

The bad news is it means we're getting more snow tomorrow

The good news is it may reach 40 for a high Saturday

The bad news is that's still 7 degrees below the average

The good news is it's better than what we've been having

The bad news is winter hasn't even started yet!!!

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 11-13-2019 04:04 PM

Ok, the bad news now is it'll take til next Tuesday before we may see a high of 40

Good news is highs above freezing are forecast for Friday through Monday

Bad news is we may see a "wintry mix" of precipitation on Sunday, and Monday night

Good news is I don't have any more bad news at the moment

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 11-13-2019 07:37 PM

Thankfully we had a delivery of wood pellets last week and some windows installed a few months back. This morning we were at 18 degrees, lower with the wind chill. Just cold rain and some snow flurries yesterday - nothing serious, but it froze over last night. Had a really bad fire in Worcester (2nd largest city in Mass) with a firefighter losing his life. He, his wife and child were going to be heading to Disney tomorrow, instead his widow's planning his funeral. Very sad. Staff from The Pine Street Inn in Boston were out last night bringing blankets, coats, gloves, scarves, etc to the homeless and the city opened additional shelters for the homeless - also very sad........ Getting darker earlier certainly doesn't help any. My dog (18 year-old dachshund) goes out, runs back inside, gives me a dirty look for bringing her out, and craps on my floor.........

Return to “Earth/ Weather/ Climate”