Humans have souls which can live on after death

Moving toward Type One civilization...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Humans have souls which can live on after death

Post by Doka » 11-06-2016 10:26 AM

SOUL SEARCHING Researchers claim that humans have souls which can live on after death

"The idea that human consciousness lives on after death has been put forward by a number of well-respected scientists"

"SCIENTISTS have claimed that death may not be as final as we once feared – and that humans have souls that can leave the body after their hosts kick the bucket."

And the British scientist at the forefront of the eerie theory claims that humans have souls which don't die along with the body.

We many not know exactly what consciousness is, but physicist Sir Roger Penrose believes that it's just a packet of information stored at a quantum - or sub-atomic - level.

Sensationally, he claims to have found evidence that this information, which is stored in microtubules within human cells, leaves the body after a person dies.

And Sir Roger is not alone in believing this, since his theory is backed by researchers at the renowned Max Planck Institute for Physics in Munich.

Experts there argue that our physical universe is just a perception, and that once our bodies die there is an infinite life beyond.

Dr Hans-Peter Dürr, former head of the institute, has said: "What we consider the here and now, this world, it is actually just the material level that is comprehensible.

"The beyond is an infinite reality that is much bigger.

“The body dies but the spiritual quantum field continues. In this way, I am immortal.”

Article 11/5/2016
https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2123380 ... ter-death/
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Re: Humans have souls which can live on after death

Post by kbot » 11-06-2016 12:52 PM

Doka wrote:SOUL SEARCHING Researchers claim that humans have souls which can live on after death

"The idea that human consciousness lives on after death has been put forward by a number of well-respected scientists"

"SCIENTISTS have claimed that death may not be as final as we once feared – and that humans have souls that can leave the body after their hosts kick the bucket."
https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2123380 ... ter-death/
This is news or even newsworthy?

Religion - not just Christianity, has been saying this same thing for centuries - millennia in the case of the Jews.

I'd be amused to find out how much grant money was wasted to "prove" to all those who will only believe what "science" says when believers in religion - pick one - have been saying this for a long time.

Most cultures - starting with "pagan" sources right on down to modern times have taken the existence of an immortal soul for granted.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 11-06-2016 01:49 PM

This is news or even newsworthy?

I think so. "For granted", sadly you are right.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 11-07-2016 09:58 AM

OK - is it newsworthy because "science" says it's so? As I said, this is old news. People who have ANY religious disposition already know this and have known this for millennia.

So, is it newsworthy that it took over 3,000 years for "science" to discover what the non academic, uneducated mass dregs of society already knew for thousands of years?

Doesn't say much for "science" if you ask me.....
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 11-07-2016 11:30 AM

Having a soul, really has nothing to do with religion or science , it is something far greater. A soul is All inclusive, not "Exclusive" as the majority of Religions teach, as in " Follow their teachings or Else!" Or else you will burn in hell! ETC, ETC. The Churches way or the highway. And many humans have this so ingrained into their belief system, that they will fight wars against the infidels(the unfaithful). I am saying even the "Unfaithful" have souls. Some intuitively know that there is something with-in, that is far greater than themselves, some suspect it, some have flat out despaired because they cannot "jump through the hoops" of religious RULES. I am saying, that the care and feeding of our souls is simplicity in it's self. The struggle "to do the right thing", With or without religious rule.

I realize even in this day and age I more than likely will be labeled a "Heretic" and maybe tied at the stake and burned alive by the "Devout". WHY?
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 11-07-2016 12:19 PM

I dunno Doka.

"Religion"/ denomination only goes so far. Doesn't really matter which "religion" we're speaking about - all of them presume the existence of a soul. All share the same basic beliefs when it comes to "how to act" and the possible ramifications for those who act otherwise.

I thin that, when looking at the basics, the rules are the same. What differs, if when people start to get into detailed questions - and this is where "the basics" get reinterpreted by people who are looking at issues from a certain perspective.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 11-07-2016 12:53 PM

The subject of the soul brings me to the 1000s maybe millions of NDEs(near death experiences). I would think that the majority of us are incredibly curious about such things. If not for the "Information Age of Computers" we would never have all the sites dedicated to the topic. Nor would we have the enormous amount of people coming forward with their experiences. Some that "touch" our inner selves so profoundly that we would really like to hang on to that elusive feeling. And of course on the other end of the spectrum, the "Ba Humbug " crowd, but I don't need to address them as in all beliefs some are written stone. But if you are a "Seeker" as I am, you will be at least, curious. The possibility of better places to go after a crazy Earthly life, does offer some appeal, does it not?

I will put a note of caution here. If you think this is a permission to go suicide yourself, your sadly mistaken, that's not the way the journey works, suicide without monumental cause, is a crime against the soul ,you may find yourself in worse conditions , that you thought you left.

Here is a site that offers some interesting experiences

http://iands.org/ndes/nde-stories/iands ... ounts.html

Here's one that had some interesting "Time" aspects in it.

http://iands.org/ndes/nde-stories/iands ... -time.html

And if you want more just put NDE in you search engine(google ?) And go for it.
KARMA RULES

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 11-07-2016 02:04 PM

kbot wrote:I dunno Doka.

"Religion"/ denomination only goes so far. Doesn't really matter which "religion" we're speaking about - all of them presume the existence of a soul. All share the same basic beliefs when it comes to "how to act" and the possible ramifications for those who act otherwise.

I thin that, when looking at the basics, the rules are the same. What differs, if when people start to get into detailed questions - and this is where "the basics" get reinterpreted by people who are looking at issues from a certain perspective.

I agree with you Kbot. And please know that, I am NOT trying to "stick pins" in you! You just happen to be "the person of religion" here. I do want to thank you for even having the conversation with me.!

Quote:

"when looking at the basics, the rules are the same. What differs, if when people start to get into detailed questions - and this is where "the basics" get reinterpreted by people who are looking at issues from a certain perspective."

Ah yes, the "Devil" can truly be in the "Details". I have no doubt, Kbot that you are a good man and your faith seems to enhance the goodness that has always, been with-in you from birth. So what I say really has nothing to do with you. Only in the fact that you Do understand what I am saying?

Exclusion has caused far more damage, than inclusion. There are more ways to be a part of, than the seemingly Rules of the few, would like humans to know. And that in it's self covers, a lot of territory and a mass of subjects.
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 11-08-2016 11:44 AM

I was thinking last night - how does this news/ "proof" reframe the abortion debate?

I am sure that there will be people on both sides who will offer their opinions after a period of time.

I know that HRC says that the unborn - regardless of gestational age, have no rights. But, now that "science" has "proven" that souls exist, does this reshape the argument?

Some on the Right will most likely say that the soul enters a body on conception- that, at least is what I have found in conducting a short non-scientific survey here at work among people that I know are both religious and anti-abortion.

The Left will most equally state that the soul only enters when the first breath is taken, probably citing Biblical references to God's breathing Life into matter and animating what was only clay previously.

Will be an interesting discussion either way.......

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 11-08-2016 12:35 PM

What if souls where placed into babies at any time after birth? Just a thought.

At any rate I really have great doubts that the soul or the baby pop out with some sort of political affiliation !? :shock:
KARMA RULES

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 11-08-2016 01:40 PM

Quote:

"The Left will most equally state that the soul only enters when the first breath is taken, probably citing Biblical references to God's breathing Life into matter and animating what was only clay previously."

You mean like the "Golem" from Jewish folklore ? It is political affiliated too? Good gods! Have we all ODd from political infestation ? :confused:

Maybe we all need to take a walk, kiss a pansy, skip rope, drink chocolate milk, something to detox our selves, OK, right after we find out who won....... :rolleyes:
KARMA RULES

Riddick
Pirate

The Soul Of Science: Synthetic Spirituality?

Post by Riddick » 12-01-2016 01:59 AM

The advancement of civilization hits another milestone. What an achievement eh? A giant leap in awareness unheralded in human history!!

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Awakening of global consciousness”