America's Smartest States

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

America's Smartest States

Post by Riddick » 12-16-2022 05:16 PM

Have you ever wondered where all the really smart people in America actually live? PennStakes analyzed a series of factors to rank & determine the most intelligent US states (& those that are least intelligent). Discover where yours ranks on their list here.

Doka
Pirate

Re: America's Smartest States

Post by Doka » 12-17-2022 12:19 PM

Riddick wrote: 12-16-2022 05:16 PM Have you ever wondered where all the really smart people in America actually live? PennStakes analyzed a series of factors to rank & determine the most intelligent US states (& those that are least intelligent). Discover where yours ranks on their list here.
Sorry, I disagree, most vehemently, with this article. It pretty much is basically basing it's premise on colleges, the Art Of Lower Learning, land of the birth of the "Woke".

Nothing against you Riddick, but this one is a "Clinker" :roll:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

General Knowledge

Post by Riddick » 12-17-2022 09:23 PM

Doka wrote: 12-17-2022 12:19 PMSorry, I disagree, most vehemently, with this article. It pretty much is basically basing it's premise on colleges, the Art Of Lower Learning, land of the birth of the "Woke".

Nothing against you Riddick, but this one is a "Clinker" :roll:
The fact you see it's a clinker makes it clear you're a thinker. At one time, folks were free to question what they read, see & hear & not take it all at face value. Nowadays, not so much: Expressing doubt, disagreement & forbidden opinions can get you cancelled.

Wokies ARE known for faulty premises. For sure today's Higher Ed doesn't produce high intelligence. There's definitely a difference between formal learning & Good Old Natural Common Sense. How is eschewing critical thinking & expressly denying reality 'smart'?

Indoctrination isn't limited to advanced academia. Government K-12 schools are being overrun with Woke ideology while the basics get short shrift. ABCs are out, LGBTQ+ is in. 2+2=4 is racist. Classic lit is oppressive. You get the picture & it ain't at all pretty -

"Educators" are teaching less & preaching more. If any real learning goes on it's not due to them, or reliance on PCs & related 'smart' tech. What proficiency kids may gain from schooling as such comes largely sans wisdom: Result? Knowledgeable Cabbages!

Education & technology in & of themselves aren't the problem, it's that they are being corrupted into a means of mass mind control, a topic "The Prisoner" tackled in one of my all-time favorite episodes, "The General" - You can see it in full here if you want -

Addressing a subject exponentially more relevant today than when the show first aired in the '60s, I just love how Number 6 thwarts the plot in the end - Know-it-all Wokies think they're so damn smart & have all the answers, fine. Let THEM figure it out!
Last edited by Riddick on 12-18-2022 03:11 AM, edited 20 times in total.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

What Dreams May Come

Post by Riddick » 12-17-2022 09:30 PM

Speaking of ABCs here's another all time fave exploring mind manipulation: After his defeat in "The General" & desperate to avoid cancellation by his masters Number 2 tries another way to get into Number 6's head with disturbing results...

FULL SHOW
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Re: America's Smartest States

Post by Doka » 12-18-2022 10:34 AM

Riddick post:

The fact you see it's a clinker makes it clear you're a thinker. At one time, folks were free to question what they read, see & hear & not take it all at face value. Nowadays, not so much: Expressing doubt, disagreement & forbidden opinions can get you cancelled.

"Cancelled. .?" Come to think about it. I am of the "Cancelled Cultured" part of the deal and will be until I die or more people wake up. My older Sister and I had our annual Thanksgiving truce this year. Along with a turkey dinner She assured me that her and my neice, her daughter decided that they would Love me anyway, even with my flawed thinking. Yup, that's what she said. Ho Hum, it just struck me funny, I have learned you just don't Fart around with " back talk" when your dealing with a Superior Being! :D

"The Prisoner" seems rather timely in todays world, I watched it somewhat when it 1st came out, It certainly didn't have the meaning it does today, Star Trek was out befoe and that was my "Go To" series.

Lordy , Riddick! I am so tired of all the BS, think I will take the rest of the day and read a book......... :D
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

"Why?" Or "Why Not?"

Post by Riddick » 12-18-2022 02:07 PM

Doka wrote: 12-18-2022 10:34 AM My older Sister and I had our annual Thanksgiving truce this year. Along with a turkey dinner She assured me that her and my neice, her daughter decided that they would Love me anyway, even with my flawed thinking. Yup, that's what she said. Ho Hum, it just struck me funny, I have learned you just don't Fart around with " back talk" when your dealing with a Superior Being! :D
All you say pretty much applies to my bro tho I don't see him on the holidays or much at all, less is better. In contrast? I see both my sisters on Turkey Day & over Xmas & talk with the eldest every day - 3 related humans we are. Superior beings, we're not!

Doka wrote: 12-18-2022 10:34 AM"The Prisoner" seems rather timely in todays world, I watched it somewhat when it 1st came out, It certainly didn't have the meaning it does today, Star Trek was out befoe and that was my "Go To" series.
While Star Trek had occasional allegorical callbacks pertaining to the prevailing culture some 3 centuries past, not only was The Prisoner an allegory of its time, it presaged Woke culture. Sadly its red flags have gone mostly unheeded, to society's detriment

Where do we boldly go from here? I hate the idea of a Final Frontier Woke Federation!

Doka wrote: 12-18-2022 10:34 AMLordy , Riddick! I am so tired of all the BS, think I will take the rest of the day and read a book......... :D
A getaway from the BS of the day sounds like a plan! Reading Sunday comics is mine - Tho even there, Wokeism traces can be found. Superiors can't leave anything alone!!

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “The Brig”