Jury Duty

FF Community posts

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Jury Duty

Post by Riddick » 07-29-2023 03:02 AM

So has anyone else had the pleasure?

I've been selected to serve in county court. 5 days as of 9/11. I need to call an info line each night prior to any given day. If I'm required to show up & not assigned a trial that day that's it. I'm off the hook! I should be so lucky

Sequestering is rare. Trials average 1-3 days. Hours are 8a-4:30p but may run over. Pays $15 for a half day, $30 for a full day, 7 bucks for travel. Free Wi-Fi, water, coffee & soda. On-site cafeteria. Fridges for brown bagging.

I've yet to complete the eligibility questionnaire tho I expect I'll qualify. While I could do without the inconvenience, I'm not entirely unenthralled at the prospect - There's no saying it won't be a total bore but it could be interesting -

Any case it's a diversion from my daily routine. Almost like a vacation. But not really. I''ll be more than satisfied if this turns out to be a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence.
Last edited by Riddick on 07-31-2023 12:34 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Doka
Pirate

Re: Jury Duty

Post by Doka » 07-29-2023 11:13 AM

They don't bother calling me any more too old, yes you get some perks with old age! I have sat on so many juries in my time I have lost count. I have been pulled off the street a couple times, I think that may be more small town, but not sure. Deception can be a sloppy slope as you well know ,! LIke a cleaned up client, that looks great all cleaned up,, who is really a crack head... Today even if I could manage, I would Never sit on another one. But, if you never have, check it out, who knows Perry Mason may be a show-up..And you know doubt, get to know some brain dead "Woke" folks County court
Sounds more like property matters. Enjoy. :D
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 09-12-2023 11:29 PM

Well, that was quick. Only two days in it's over. They din't call in anyone Monday, I wasn't in the group called in today, & this afternoon I got notice no one's needed the rest of the week. My civic duty is complete and I din't do a damn thing. TOO SWEET

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 09-14-2023 09:30 AM

Congrats! :D
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “Ship's Galley ~ Fantastic Forum Community”